So what's wrong with the 2013 Ford Focus ST?

• Thread starter giorgos21
  • 15 comments
Aldebaran
rudolphcarter
I mean i drove it for the first time and i was suprised.
Tooo much understeer(i can live with that),but that gearbox,man.
They should give an adjustable gearbox as a standard accessoire with the purchase of the car.
1,2,3,4, gears are ok.When you change in to fifth gear :boggled: ,it just stopping to accelerate.Too long escalation.And then....there is a sixth gear too.Ha ha.I'm not even going to talk about this.
So my question is.
Are these the actual real car's gear ratios?

I mean i drove it for the first time and i was suprised.
Tooo much understeer(i can live with that),but that gearbox,man.
They should give an adjustable gearbox as a standard accessoire with the purchase of the car.
1,2,3,4, gears are ok.When you change in to fifth gear :boggled: ,it just stopping to accelerate.Too long escalation.And then....there is a sixth gear too.Ha ha.I'm not even going to talk about this.
So my question is.
Are these the actual real car's gear ratios?
Yeh it's strange alright, a friend of mine test drove one in real life and he said the gearbox is nothing like that.

No, a lot of the gear ratios are incorrect to their real life counterparts. For example, I have found Chrysler vehicles in GT6 with real life GM gearboxes.

29e80918887fb395a9d85c7f025895e5840c7e35485b53767c1fc6a9bc49b552.jpg

A lot of things in this game are incorrect, weight distribution being the most common.

Most cars have something wrong with them. There's even more errors than in GT5 because some of the cars' BHP figures in GT5 have been given the PS figures for GT6 and then presented as BHP (e.g. SLS).

The Focus has a really long 5th and 6th because they've attached the final drive to all the gears in GT6 whereas in real life there's a larger final drive just for gears 5 and 6. It actually makes me wonder whether PD test these cars out after they've inputted all the data...

Most cars have something wrong with them. There's even more errors than in GT5 because some of the cars' BHP figures in GT5 have been given the PS figures for GT6 and then presented as BHP (e.g. SLS).

The Focus has a really long 5th and 6th because they've attached the final drive to all the gears in GT6 whereas in real life there's a larger final drive just for gears 5 and 6. It actually makes me wonder whether PD test these cars out after they've inputted all the data...

Do you mean Overdrive?

Something we don't have in game, and I think we're fine without it.

Do you mean Overdrive?
No. The Focus ST has two different final drive/diff ratios.

In 1st-4th gear, it uses a 4.063:1 diff and in 5th and 6th (and reverse... go figure) it uses a 2.95:1 diff.

So the engine to wheel step (or torque factor) is:
1st - 3.231 x 4.063 = 13.13:1
2nd - 1.952 x 4.063 = 7.93:1
3rd - 1.321 x 4.063 = 5.37:1
4th - 1.029 x 4.063 = 4.18:1
5th - 1.129 x 2.95 = 3.34:1
6th - 0.943 x 2.95 = 2.78:1

5th and 6th could be effectively replicated with the 4.063:1 final by 0.821 and 0.685 ratios (edit: which seems to be what GT6 does).

Last edited:
Buy the fully adjustable transmission and input the ratios as per the post above, and it magically gets fixed. Dunno what drugs PD are on with the quality of some of their cars...

More "WRONG" in Gran Turismo, where will it all end!

VBR
More "WRONG" in Gran Turismo, where will it all end!

Your 2014 Forward Focus is missing features. All the other questions from this genre end with question marks.

It's become the industry standard for premium questions.

The game has the gear data correctly input as in its using the correct ratios.

The problem is the game is not simulating the dynamic transmission.

If you drive the real life ST with light moderate aplication on the throttle it will use the looooooong gear ratios for good fuel mileage overdrive but if you give a lot of throttle 5th & 6th will use the shorter ratios for acceleration.

In GT6 there is no switch from eco gears to performance gear ratios with throttle input.

Since we don't need eco gears, manually input the ratios Famin posted and its basically forcing the transmission to stay in performance gear ratios at all times.

Some of the FF cars both in GT5 and GT6 understeer too much comparing to real life... It's kind of funny that for example in Alfa 147 GTA you can go on throttle earlier in real life than in game.. But you can't expect them to be spot on with 1000+ cars and obviously they haven't tested all the cars but no one would expect them to do that either.. I think also some japanese cars are much better compared to others in this games, I don't know if that's done on purpose or not but it's not even important, the games are good and fun..

Back