The 13' Focus ST ruined by PD

GLOWJason
I own a 13' Focus ST, this is a global car, so the same in the UK and rest of the world(minus things like legal light requirements ect), so how PD got it so wrong I dont know.

Biggest fly in the oitment? The gear box, 1st,2nd,3rd and 4th are correct ratio wise. In real life the ST has a split final drive, meaning the first 4 are on a final drive of 4.063 and 5th and 6th are 2.955

I think PD were lazy in implementing this, I have in about 20mins figured out near enough the correct ratios for the car using the full custom gear box. I can post them up later if people want them.

next major factor, the handling, just understeers and if you lift off throttle mid corner or snap off on a tight turn, there is no hint of the nose digging in and the rear sliding no matter what TC is on in the game. again, in real life at 25mph I can induce Lift off O/S and play on a roundabout (americans, google them ;) ) its very controllable and fun. Im messing with the full custom suspension to try make it feel how my car feels. I have yet to drive my car on the track but where I live there are many great,thankfully quiet roads just an hour or so away and I regulary hoon my car about.
Prior to this I had a Seat Ibiza Cupra, 1.4 TSI. Took that on track at cadwell park for 2 days and hoping to get the focus on at cadwell as well early next year.

People can be anyone on the internet and Im sure many of you will call fake on this but heressome pics from it.

76057_10152525454120134_80102596_n.jpg

75520_10152525453530134_278342542_n.jpg

and the focus I have now(these are both actully taken on a road trip to ireland-amazing roads)

1238854_10153158583970134_1963609477_n.jpg

1239421_10153158588665134_973452685_n.jpg

The jist of my thread is they seem to have messed up alot of cars and its really annoying me, almost wish id not bothered buying the game.

Last edited:
:rolleyes: Link to Facebook profile and pics of the car with reg number on show. I know what you mean about the GT6 car though.

Ive took the link off, the photos are all over the internet, Owners forums ect, Thieves will look there first and they are on there. Would be awful if it was stolen but people can see the reg on the street too.

You can just tune the gears and suspension to mimic the real one... :rolleyes:
Why is that everytime someone see something is done incorrectly in GT6, they go and grab their torch and pitchforks?

yes, you can, I have been, but surely the gear ratios are a simple thing to do. mins googling told me the ratios. I imagine PD didnt just make them up. that changes the car from "stock" get that transmisson wine ect.

because Need for Speed got the Focus ST right on more points than PD, and that says something :)

Based on this, how can I believe any of the other 1128(?) cars are right ;) my life is now practically over. . . I joke.

Last edited:
Yeah true but minimise risk and all that. Anyway, I have also changed the gear ratios and its better but the FWD characteristics seem off generally.

I have tuned this car if anyone is interested. Still learning the physics and no lift-off oversteer, although that is possible with more ballast. This is more of a balanced track tune for 450PP racing on Sports Hards. I left off the custom transmission thinking it would whine like a baby ala' GT5, but then put it on a couple of others and it's not so bad now. I will retune shortly with full racing exhaust and transmission.

Gear ratios are as follows (1st-6 and F/D)

FD: 4.062

before putting those ratios in, I set max speed as 174, then edited, as I think that define the max/min ratio you can have. on the flat part of SSX it tops about about 156(ford say 155mph) and down hill it will hit 170+ but thats because PD even managed to get the redline wrong. Real car redlines around 6500rpm and will for 3 seconds allow an Overrev of 6800rpm before pulling back.

@Cosbuster These are "little things" that don't kill the game for me. Besides, I've been playing GT long enough to just learn to deal with it.

That's...good for you, but don't expect that attitude to apply for everyone else.

It's not like PD are the only ones making racing games...

Not sure what that has to do with anything but sure, there are many developers making many racing games.

Why is that everytime someone see something is done incorrectly in GT6, they go and grab their torch and pitchforks?

Seriously lighten up...
Why is it that whenever a legitimate complaint is mentioned, someone like you comes along and dismisses it as silly and insignificant?
If PD can't get a Focus right, what else wrong?

Seriously lighten up...

What?! So developers can just get there or there abouts and we can be expected to do the rest. What if you dont have a clue about gear ratios and suspension geometery?

What?! So developers can just get there or there abouts and we can be expected to do the rest. What if you dont have a clue about gear ratios and suspension geometery?
Google.

Why is it that whenever a legitimate complaint is mentioned, someone like you comes along and dismisses it as silly and insignificant?
If PD can't get a Focus right, what else wrong?

Because something like this pops up around here EVERY OTHER ****ING DAY, and it gets really annoying.

Because something like this pops up around here EVERY OTHER ****ING DAY, and it gets really annoying.
Dont read the posts?!

I love GT6, it's great but these mistakes are fact and you are just ignoring them but looking for them on here at the same time. Whats that about?

Back