So, what's your Gr. 3 Weapon of Choice going to be?

• Thread starter mwoodski
  • 68 comments
Really? So, was it sheer power that made it stand out from the others performance-wise, or was there something more to it? I know the GTR was the go-to Gr.4 car for its 4WD.
I don't know anymore, but I mean it that way because almost everyone used it in the Gr.3 races. You know, like all Gr.4 races were almost GT-R only all the time. Might be because of the power though, it was mighty fast.

Based on the Beta, I would say the BOP plus the track layout really.

That's what I have noticed in the beta. It was me switching to the popular car choices rather than my personal favourite.
Yeah I hope they can get the BOP right but pretty much every game you play has dominant cars so it's a tall order. I'll be gutted if it is a grid of all the same car and it'll make the manufacturers cup all a bit pointless.

I want to use the 650 so hope that is decent at launch.

Yeah I hope they can get the BOP right but pretty much every game you play has dominant cars so it's a tall order. I'll be gutted if it is a grid of all the same car and it'll make the manufacturers cup all a bit pointless.

I want to use the 650 so hope that is decent at launch.
I might be wrong, but I think that in the Manufacturers Cup, everyone will be driving for a different manufacturer. If everyone would be able to drive the same car, then that would beat the purpose of the Manufacturers Cup.

I will be sporting the Subaru WRX, as a fan of the brand and the rally drivers who helped its success, namely Colin McRae, Petter Solberg and Richard Burns. Naturally I will be running the rally version for the Group B events as well.

I will make a custom livery combining both the World Rally Blue and purple colours: The purple representing my gaming community, The Gaming Welders. Time to kickstart the GWelders Racing Team in GT Sport me thinks :) I'll see if I can get some Prodrive stickers to put on the cars as well, to acknowledge the efforts of the team that built the Subaru rally cars. Obviously, this is for the GR3 class, but regardless, I just have to pay tribute to the rally team for what they achieved.

However, I will say I absolutely loved driving the 458 GT3 in the beta, even though I'm not much of a Ferrari fan. I never got the chance to drive the Subaru, so I don't know how they compare, but for non-manufacturer GR3 events, I could see myself driving the 458 quite a lot.

I might be wrong, but I think that in the Manufacturers Cup, everyone will be driving for a different manufacturer. If everyone would be able to drive the same car, then that would beat the purpose of the Manufacturers Cup.
Yes but if certain manufacturers have the best cars after the BOP then the other manufacturers are not going to stand a chance.

as much as I want to say the Toyota FT-1 VGT Gr.3, I think I'll have to go with that lovely Dodge SRT Viper GT3-R. All completed with my custom livery!
preview.jpg DRR GTD 05.jpg DRR GTD 08.jpg

A good chance it'll be the AMG GT3. It's a good all-rounder in my mind, and gave me my most wins in the beta. I do love me a good Viper, though...

I'd actually be very happy to use the Mustang Gr.3, but I found it very uncompetitive in the beta. If it's better in the final game, expect to see this around quite a lot (with updated, post-redesign colours, of course):

24_mustang_gt_01-png.583810

I'd love to race with a Gr.3 Porsche. If we don't get one, I might go for BMW or 4C if they're competitive. I'm curious to see how the Hurracan will end up being in the full game too.

A good chance it'll be the AMG GT3. It's a good all-rounder in my mind, and gave me my most wins in the beta. I do love me a good Viper, though...

I'd actually be very happy to use the Mustang Gr.3, but I found it very uncompetitive in the beta. If it's better in the final game, expect to see this around quite a lot (with updated, post-redesign colours, of course):

24_mustang_gt_01-png.583810
I would love to see this show up on the Mustang, so please make it happen regardless :D

I quite liked the feel of the Aston in the beta, but I only really tried 3 or 4 cars in Gr. 3, I may find something I like more when I start branching out.

Porsche and Lamborghini are two of my favorite brands and I'm beginning to take a liking to McLaren as well, so I may gravitate towards the 911, Huracan, and 650S early on at release, but we'll see what happens.

maxresdefault.jpg

Not because it was the OP Gr.3 in the beta, it's because it's a Hyundai, like Gran Turismo, Hyundai is the most popular brand (in it's category) here in Peru (Alongside Kia, Toyota, Nissan and others), so it would have special feelings for using it as a peruvian :D, besides, the team livery I will create when I get the game will be based on Peru's best graphic design/printing company (the one I'm working for) which some clients/partners are Komatsu, Canon, Kyocera and others (you will see them "sponsoring" the car), so it would be a "thank you for the oportunity!" for them :D

I'd be glad to use all of the Gr. 3 cars (knowing that I have this sort of fetish for GT racing and LMP cars), but I think the cars that really grab my attention are both the Mustang Gr. 3 and the Huracan GT3. Now if only there were a 911 GT3 R...

Back