So you can't leave mid-championship?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Auron
  • 16 comments
  • 3,452 views
Messages
11
What am I doing wrong? How can you not leave to save your game?
 
What am I doing wrong? How can you not leave to save your game?

You can't save during a Championship, sucks doesn't it.
 
You can't, you'll just have to leave your PS3 on while you do other things if you don't have the time to do all events in one long session.
 
Yep you must run the whole thing. Just like in real life when you enter this type of event you have to stay until it is over or retire from it.
 
Unbelievable...I also love how you have to leave and re-load if you want to heaven forbid...win the race after placing 2nd or worse.
 
Sure. They never have a break in the real racing season :D
 
I found this to be my major qualm with GT5. GT3 and GT4 allowed you to save in mid championship, and this also allowed them to have events of up to 10 races.
Oh well....
 
You can't, you'll just have to leave your PS3 on while you do other things if you don't have the time to do all events in one long session.

To come back and find yellow light of death... I think NOT.

Play it all the way through!
 
I found this to be my major qualm with GT5. GT3 and GT4 allowed you to save in mid championship, and this also allowed them to have events of up to 10 races.
Oh well....

It did? I remember this also being a pita at earlier versions as well.
 
Yep you must run the whole thing. Just like in real life when you enter this type of event you have to stay until it is over or retire from it.

And, just like in real life, you, your car and team are going to get from a rainy Monza to a sunny Tokyo in about two minutes :sly:

It did? I remember this also being a pita at earlier versions as well.
Yes, it did indeed. Awesome feature.
 
I don't agree with their decision, but I can understand the reasoning. I used to save after every race in GT4, so if I lost I could reload and try again. That's what they are trying to prevent and well, I can't blame them.

My only gripe is that cheating isn't the only reason why you would want to save.
 
Yep you must run the whole thing. Just like in real life when you enter this type of event you have to stay until it is over or retire from it.

Real life? Yes because i can race in Japan and Madrid in the same day in real life :rolleyes:
 
The game records those as 2 different days btw
 
Yep you must run the whole thing. Just like in real life when you enter this type of event you have to stay until it is over or retire from it.

That's what we already did in GT3 and GT4. Even if you saved, you couldn't do anything else until the championship was done.

But yeah, stupid idea to remove saving. Formula GT Championship is going to be a huge pain. As if getting the car for it alone wasn't bad enough.
 
Yep you must run the whole thing. Just like in real life when you enter this type of event you have to stay until it is over or retire from it.

Well IRL you can change tire pressures and gears etc etc...........but i wont go there though.

Some of us dont have time to sit at the PS3 for hours on end. It would be really nice to be able to save at times.

AA
 
When completing a championship race you should be brought back to GTLife and free to do whatever you want, do other events or whatever, until you choose to enter the next race in line.
This way they could even implant some kind of season or league event in the game.
 
The game records those as 2 different days btw

You're contradicting yourself here...
If I log out of the game, save, and log back in, according to the used car dealership, a day hasn't passed, so why can't I do that?

Also, a real life race car driver can't pause in the middle of a race.
A real life race car driver can change his oil between races.
A real life race car driver can change his uniform somewhere in his lifetime if he wants to.
A real life race car driver doesn't take longer to wash his car or change his oil than to upgrade his turbo/engine/ECU.
A real life race car driver isn't limited to 20 million dollars.

Frankly, I'm not convinced this was a "decision" to make the game more realistic. It was probably just a big mistake, and we're the QC department.
 
Back