SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs

• Thread starter Laughss
  • 40 comments
Anyone who ever played and loved Socom and is even remotely excited with this title, should get smacked in the face with a hammer. Scandalous.

Rose tinted spectacles I think, try playing SOCOM on the PS2 then compare it to the PS3 version.....worlds apart, yes it was good for the time but things have moved on quite a bit since then!

I finally got to play in the beta. I really don't know what to think. The controls feel nothing at all like socom. All of the feel of socom is gone. I really can't think of anything good to say about it. It still seems like it might be ok, if they bring the classic game modes like, demo, V.I.P., and extraction. The game modes they had going today just didn't interest me at all. They are completely not what made socom great.

It really looks like the classic feel and intensity of socom is dead. I would say that I am very dissapointed, but I expected this after watching a few videos. It really shouldn't even have the name socom attached to it.
With that said though, I'm still going to buy it, and hopefully it will grow on me.

I wasn't referring to the graphics. I was talking about the way the game felt, the way the characters moved, and the way guns felt while firing. I didn't like it in MAG and it felt the same to me in SOCOM 4.

To me, Confrontation felt perfect once they fixed frame rate problems and all the little glitches and issues. Either way, the beta convinced me not to buy it, which is fine with me.

I think those are issues that are common in betas that get ironed out by release time. I don't take notice on how the characters move, but that could just be me being more concentrated on where the enemy is.:)

Just rented KZ3 and it contains an unused Beta access code, PM me if you would like it.
You don't need a code anymore, it's free to download on the PSN for everyone. That was a nice gesture though.

Sounds like people don't like the beta. I should of sold my beta code when I got KZ3 haha.

You don't need a code anymore, it's free to download on the PSN for everyone. That was a nice gesture though.

Ahhh, didn't realize it went full public Beta obviously. Thanks for the note.

I finally got to play in the beta. I really don't know what to think. The controls feel nothing at all like socom. All of the feel of socom is gone. I really can't think of anything good to say about it. It still seems like it might be ok, if they bring the classic game modes like, demo, V.I.P., and extraction. The game modes they had going today just didn't interest me at all. They are completely not what made socom great.

It really looks like the classic feel and intensity of socom is dead. I would say that I am very dissapointed, but I expected this after watching a few videos. It really shouldn't even have the name socom attached to it.
With that said though, I'm still going to buy it, and hopefully it will grow on me.

I agree except for the "going to buy it" sentence, because this way, they will never learn. Almost all the original SOCOM fans are angry and disappointed but still buy it, no wonder Zipper doesn't care about us.

Will delete the Beta again tomorrow, what a waste of HDD space.

socom is gone the game should be called mag 2 because they just copyed mag and put it in 3rd person , if you have ever played mag you would know. this socom is like the needle in the hay stack it just doesnt belong .

I've played a lot of MAG, still play it to this day. Sure both the games feel similar, I remember at MAG beta that it felt like a First Person Socom game, just the movement and way the controls felt.

I really enjoyed the Socom4 beta and have just picked up the game today. I'm disappointed from what I have seen of the single player. I liked the classic Socom 'heres you mission, do it without alerting anyone' rather than this behind enemy lines soap opera, but it'll be amusing enough for a play through.
Co-op looks great and competitive feels like they have brought Socom into the current generation. The Classic game modes give you that feeling of the old socom where you were that last man down in your team with everyone watching you. There are a few things I'd like to see back, grenade arc for a start, but I'm in no way disappointed with this game at all. Looking forward to getting into it.

No demo, extraction, and vip is killing the game for me. It's one thing to change the game up like they have, but the lack of the game modes that made socom what it was is just awful. Those were the reasons that I loved socom. I really don't like the way you get into games together either. It's impossible to play with your friends, unless you go do the clan challenges, and not all of my friends are in the same clans. I really wish they would bring back some sort of lobby system.

It's one thing to give a game an overhaul and make it new, it's another to make a completely different game and just throw the socom name on it. Hopefully they add some of the old game modes and make it easier to get into games with each other. If they would do that, then this might be the best shooter out there.

Back