Solution to Missing Preorder Bonuses

• Thread starter Azaz3lXRT
  • 49 comments
United States
United States
I know plenty of you have been frustrated by this, but I think I found the answer. Last night upon receiving the limited edition of the game, I redeemed the codes while patch 1.02 was downloading. Upon starting the game, I immediately received the money bonuses, but received no cars (among other things). Here's how I fixed it.

First confirm that the codes have been redeemed. You should see 4 add ons (depending on what version you ordered) available: Livery Sticker Pack, Racing Helmet - Chrome, Starter Pack (8 cars) and 3-Car Pack. You can verify this by scrolling over to the game and pressing down. This takes you to a submenu with options such as "Overview", "Trending", "Friends", "Activities" and "PlayStation Store". Scroll down to PlayStation store and select it. Once inside you should see"Add-ons" and " Avatars". Enter the Add-ons section and manually hit the down arrow (to download and install the add on) next to each bonus item. This will ensure that it has been installed. Next, go back to the main playstation menu and go Settings>Account Management>Restore Licenses and hit restore. After this, enter the game and you should receive notification of the new items.

I think that the add ons became dissociated from the account during the patching process and this repairs it. Worked immmediately. Good luck!

Last edited:
Once the server's back up, I'll try this (only issue I'm having is the one Peugeot LMP1 being borked) but the fact that there's a "Restore Licenses" section at all is news to me.

Thanks for this, I will also give it a go tomorrow. I entered the code once and only got the Avatars and some money. Did not bother searching for a solution just yet as I kept saying "in a minute" as I went through the missions until the maintenance stuff came up ... no clue how 6 hours passed.

I clarified. The restore licenses deal is on the PlayStation settings not the GT menus. Do it from your PlayStation home screen.

I will also try this tomorrow.

Kind of annoyed with this. Made some time so I can play this tonight, I redeemed my code... Says I down loaded 3 items of the 5. But I don't see it anywhere in GTS, probably because I couldn't connect "online". But finally connected, and still nothing. That was my night on trying to get going. :banghead:

Did work, no longer have a unlicensed Peugeot sitting in my garage. Thanks for the tip!

Doesn't work for the Chrome Helmet, or the bonus $500,000 from the Europe Pack because they don't appear in our Purchase History.

I've tried Restoring Licenses, it doesn't do anything if the entitlement isn't there and cannot download the item because it doesn't appear in my account.

Attachments

• Screenshot-2017-10-18 Download List Official PlayStation™Store Australia.png
    Screenshot-2017-10-18 Download List Official PlayStation™Store Australia.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 77
Doesn't work for the Chrome Helmet, or the bonus $500,000 from the Europe Pack because they don't appear in our Purchase History.

I've tried Restoring Licenses, it doesn't do anything if the entitlement isn't there and cannot download the item because it doesn't appear in my account.

Same here. I got the avatars, money and stickers(these are the ones with track logos, aren't they?), but no chrome racing helmet. The helmet doesn't appear as purchased, like it wasn't included in the voucher.
I hope this will be fixed.

Same here. I got the avatars, money and stickers(these are the ones with track logos, aren't they?), but no chrome racing helmet. The helmet doesn't appear as purchased, like it wasn't included in the voucher.
I hope this will be fixed.

Exactly. It seems as though the voucher code didn't give us the Chrome Racing Helmet (which should appear as a 1.1Mb download in our Purchase History, as someone from the US showed). It may be something that SIEE (in Europe/UK/Australia) has screwed up. Who knows?

I redeemed my pre-order Safery Car code yesterday but I didn't get the extra credits or the chrome helmet, only the cars. I tried restoring licenses just before and it didn't help. :/

I redeemed my pre-order Safery Car code yesterday but I didn't get the extra credits or the chrome helmet, only the cars. I tried restoring licenses just before and it didn't help. :/

It won't work if it doesn't appear in your purchase history.

I contacted PlayStation Support in Australia and they're well aware of missing content for GT Sport. They've received many, many complaints.

They've escalated the issue and I have to wait 7-10 days.

I have this problem as well with the peugeot 908...as well and whats up with not being able to get rid of the dlc cars from your garage at all ?anyway to not have to keep them ?

i deleted and reinstalled my game to try and fix the error..still same

This is why gaming sucks now. Stuff don't work at launch and I gotta pay the price (Figuratively and literally) while they "work" to fix it. I hope the issue gets resolved for players before the week is out. Makes me not even want to install the game on Friday until I know I'm in the clear.

Gaming didn't used to be so damn hard!

I know plenty of you have been frustrated by this, but I think I found the answer. Last night upon receiving the limited edition of the game, I redeemed the codes while patch 1.02 was downloading. Upon starting the game, I immediately received the money bonuses, but received no cars (among other things). Here's how I fixed it.

First confirm that the codes have been redeemed. You should see 4 add ons (depending on what version you ordered) available: Livery Sticker Pack, Racing Helmet - Chrome, Starter Pack (8 cars) and 3-Car Pack. You can verify this by scrolling over to the game and pressing down. This takes you to a submenu with options such as "Overview", "Trending", "Friends", "Activities" and "PlayStation Store". Scroll down to PlayStation store and select it. Once inside you should see"Add-ons" and " Avatars". Enter the Add-ons section and manually hit the down arrow (to download and install the add on) next to each bonus item. This will ensure that it has been installed. Next, go back to the main playstation menu and go Settings>Account Management>Restore Licenses and hit restore. After this, enter the game and you should receive notification of the new items.

I think that the add ons became dissociated from the account during the patching process and this repairs it. Worked immmediately. Good luck!
Have collectors edition and have car packs and avatars but no add on for helmet and two safety cars are missing to. :( wish we got the dynamic theme for a physical copy.

I restored licences too and I have some doubles of cars and now the doubles of cars I have a little info icon on them saying I am missing rights on content :( I dunno about that one. Played demo as well.

Try to redeem the codes again and then try to re download them from PSN. You're right that you can't restore what you don't have.

I have this problem as well with the peugeot 908...as well and whats up with not being able to get rid of the dlc cars from your garage at all ?anyway to not have to keep them ?

i deleted and reinstalled my game to try and fix the error..still same

One of my Peugeot's is greyed out now too. Not sure why they offered identical cars in the preorder and limited edition packs. I guess that I don't really care because I can't sell it and I have another one, but it is still technically an issue.

From Collector's I got only 2 codes.
The Safety car pack was supposed to be in one of them?
I'm missing it.
As well as the dynamic theme.

Also, the double cars some got were from Collector's Edition + Steelbook Edition. Because some cars were in both versions so you got it twice.

Tried the solution from the OP and nothing changed unfortunately. :/ I'd buy the M4 from the Milage shop but 4000 is quite a bit. Maybe later. But the SLS Safety car I can't buy it anywhere. The 908 is OK, I have credits to get it if I want.

Try to redeem the codes again and then try to re download them from PSN. You're right that you can't restore what you don't have.

I tried redeeming the codes several times to the point that it now says the voucher code has been used or is invalid.

Doesn’t matter what I tried, it still only gave me 3 of the 4 downloads, and still missing the Chrome Helmet (from the Steelbook Edition) & $500,000 (from the Europe Pack).

Even PlayStation Support acknowledged that I didn’t receive all of the entitlements from the 2 codes.

They can see what codes I redeemed so I’m hoping they can just add the missing items to my entitlements, so I can download them/use them on my account.

I seem to have the same issue, even when trying the fix I have duplicate cars of the C7 Gr.3, GTR GT3, FT-1 Gr.3, and no extra stickers too...

Nice one...worked at treat

Has anyone found a solution to the "cannot find the rights" error message with the peugeot 908 yet ? i have reinstated the licences and tried to download the content again but its still greyed out. does anyone know how to delete the Add on content as well? i dont like the fact that i cant remove the cars from the garage at all and would rather just not have them if thats the case..

help ?

Hey all so I’ve re entered codes got error message already been used etc and re downloaded and installed packs. I’m going out for a few hours so I’ll re install game but nothing I have done so far has found chrome helmet or two safety cars Mercedes and BMW and also rang eb games there heard nothing lol and try to ring support. It does look good in background just showing off scapes lol and music is cool but I just want what I paid for?

Back