Some advice for my first PC game please

i am wondering what game i should get first for my PC, i am thinking , ACTION, World war2 or some war which involves first person view with gun, and masses of troops and tanks and stuff.

Any suggestions please.

Originally posted by Meglomaniac
i am wondering what game i should get first for my PC, i am thinking , ACTION, World war2 or some war which involves first person view with gun, and masses of troops and tanks and stuff.

Any suggestions please.

Maybe you can try Medal of Honor: Allied Assault.
And Operation Flashpoint is a nice game too.

also what is the best game compatibilty i.e. which one is the best for playing games, windows 2000 pro( which i got) or windows XP, thanx in advance!

Any suggestions please.

Battlefield 1942 is awesome. I love playing that. :drool:

I suggest buying Solider of Fortune 2. Best PC game I have ever played. It is a first person shooter and it is awesome. You will never get bored of it since they keep coming out with new maps and weapons every cople of months. It is like buying a whole new game without actually buying it!

Nice avatar by the way maniac! Looks familiar. ;) :blush:

also what is the best game compatibilty i.e. which one is the best for playing games, windows 2000 pro( which i got) or windows XP, thanx in advance!

It doesn't really matter, since XP was built on 2000. 2000 is just fine for playing games, but if you want the latest thing, get XP.

Any of the Half-Life games. Half-Life oposing force is good, and counter strike is good if you want online play. Or get it's DOD(Day of Defeat) mod and play WWII.

If u like to blow up tanks and **** go Battlefield 1942 or you could also go mafia (i know its no war game.) Its a mix between hitman and gta 3 and its based in the 1930's and its the best game i have ever played.

i perfer mafia over gta3. in mafia u have to learn how to steal cars and the story line is way better than gta 3 and also u get booked for speeding, red lights and crashing into other cars. but gta 3 has moden cars and u can fly planes and ****.

I would get a first person shooter, like Medal of Honor Allied..., or Half Life.
If you are in the mood for role playing stuff: Diablo 2, Dungeon Siege or Neverwinter Nights

Unreal Tournament is a good buy too, and pretty cheap.

If you want to play GTA 3, just get it for the trusty PS2..

WOW, thanx ALOT for the replies guys, i am very greatful.
So i guess i am gonna have to pick between all those games, i will search them up now.
I might get the following- MOH allied assult
Flash ops
battlefiled 1942
soldier of Fortune
They all sounds so good, i don't know which one to get.

I will have to enforce popular opinion as well.

These are must play, PC games:

Medal Of Honor - Allied Assult
Return to Castle Wolfenstien

If you don't play any other game, at least play these two. Win2k/XP compatible.

Yeah, almost every review of MOHAA gives it a top score, you really shouldn't miss that game.

I'ts bloody great

Would you rate it better than operation flashpoint, i have linked it down to those 2 games, i need your help.
so its either
MOHAA or Flash ops
i would appreciate ur help
thanx

what are each games strenghts and weak points, Flash ops is VAST and has a free roam enviroment.
MOH AA has a alot of action, realism, and a load of enemy troops to kill off.
but flash ops has tanks and helicopters and everything it is so tight.

Back