some nice little b spec pics

  • Thread starter Thread starter cobragt
  • 25 comments
  • 1,607 views
Ohh, Viper SRT-10!
 
Oh my!
pcgames1108gt09.jpg
pcgames1108gt08.jpg


How long I've waited for you darling. 👍 👍 👍 👍

I LOVE YOU COBRAGT!
 
I wonder...if in the last pic the driver hit the "5" button, would the driver's car rearend the SL or would he wait till the "opportune moment?" Good find Cobra! i think i'm gonna enjoy B-Spec mode :)
 
Thanks Cobra. Good find. I'm dying to play-25 more days (28 with shipping).
 
Finally, I see an ingame SRT-10. Nice find 👍

An honest question; does anybody know if the SL is normally offered in that burnt-orange tone? I'm wondering if we've got proof of the "paint shop" right under our noses...
 
Good pictures, CobraGT. Once again, proving the MVP of reporting on GT4. So if my AI counterpart driver screws up, you damn well expect some four letter expletives if the driver doesn't bring home the bacon. I guess this means that my AI driver can screw up an entire race and after coaching him/her (of course, girls can race as good as guys, so give them a chance). In a way, I don't expect to mod up a car with a Stage 4 Turbo and have my AI driver race this turbocharged heavyweight around Nurburgring Nordschliefe perfectly. Humans can't be perfect all the time, so it's nice to see that screw ups can happen. Of course, if I want screw up after screw up, I'd just watch the Cincinatti Bengals blow out the Dallas Cowboys this past weekend.

Anyhow, get used to reading this, GT haters: nice pictures! You dig, homie?
 
What car is this?? It looks a bit like the Mercedes Mclaren SLR too me?


pcgames1108gt.jpg




Like this?
112200412328.jpg
 
I hold my own john but I dont have anything on zero when it comes to bringing the gt4 goods.
 
I wonder how 'instant' B-Spec will be...

We see by those shots that the car has spun out on '5' (Aggressive) on a tricky part of Fuji, I wonder if you could 'P' or '5' the straight, knock it back to '2' 200m before the first turn, then up to '4' after you negotiate the double right.

In other words, be aggressive on the easy parts of tracks and where the track is tricky and you could spin out be more conservative...
 
VIPERGTSR01
What car is this?? It looks a bit like the Mercedes Mclaren SLR too me?


pcgames1108gt.jpg




Like this?
112200412328.jpg

I get the feeling it's a regular SL.
 
JohnBM01
Good pictures, CobraGT. Once again, proving the MVP of reporting on GT4. So if my AI counterpart driver screws up, you damn well expect some four letter expletives if the driver doesn't bring home the bacon. I guess this means that my AI driver can screw up an entire race and after coaching him/her (of course, girls can race as good as guys, so give them a chance). In a way, I don't expect to mod up a car with a Stage 4 Turbo and have my AI driver race this turbocharged heavyweight around Nurburgring Nordschliefe perfectly. Humans can't be perfect all the time, so it's nice to see that screw ups can happen. Of course, if I want screw up after screw up, I'd just watch the Cincinatti Bengals blow out the Dallas Cowboys this past weekend.

Anyhow, get used to reading this, GT haters: nice pictures! You dig, homie?

go Bengals!!! (hometown team) 👍
 
The359
I get the feeling it's a regular SL.

i agree..the grill in the pic from the game is wider than that of the SLR plus it's etched out in chrome like a normal SL's. also, the car has a big front licence plate which would probably not appear on an SLR cuz the thing would be going so fast the wind would push the plate into the engine bay lol :scared:
 
The359
I get the feeling it's a regular SL.

Yeah, Seems that way, Its just the centre of the bonnet (hood) on the pic car looks bulged like the SLR.


*edit*

After checking the rear pic, Its not the SLR

pcgames1108gt03.jpg
 
But let me tell you something, VIPERGTSR01. If the McLaren-Mercedes SLR was in the game, I'd love to race that bad boy in GT4. I like this machine's aggressive image while being subtle and calm... until you rev up that killer V8 of course! I know "aggressive while subtle" seems impossible, but it's there, chicos y chicas. ¿Comprende mi amigos?

Anyhow, maybe when I don't feel like manually piloting a race car, I'll try out that B-Spec mode. I don't think you have anything to lose using this mode. If you know you're not the best Gran Turismo racer, you have a chance at learning the ropes of racing. A good example of trying out B-Spec mode is like when NASCAR racers hire talented road racers at NASCAR road racing events (by the way, NASCAR Busch is going to Mexico for road racing as Nextel go to Canada... or so I heard). So if you're a Jimmy Spencer when it comes to road racing (once, this guy said that if he owned all the NASCAR tracks, he'd take the road courses and "convert them to bomb testing sites"), you hire a road racing specialist, and pray to God he/she can help you out. The thing about this B-Spec is that you're still in control of the driver. You're basically a coach for that driver. Or, that's what I've learned about B-Spec mode.

I wonder how B-Spec mode will be like at rally races and that Las Vegas drag shootout. I can probably imagine you telling the AI driver "floor it, dude!" when you're riding in a Challenger up against an old GTO. And in rally racing? Anyone care to go for any just-for-fun B-Spec commands when rally racing with B-Spec?
 
whats bspec?

is that like where you are a pit manager or something and give commands to your ai controlled driver? sounds like it from the above posts.
 
Omnis
whats bspec?

is that like where you are a pit manager or something and give commands to your ai controlled driver? sounds like it from the above posts.

Yeah, basically the numbers at the top of the screen represent how hard you want the driver to push, also there is an overtaking option and a pit one I think. I'm pretty sure you can use it in any race so if you don't feel like driving a 20 lap test course race in a stock vitz it might come in handay.
 
Great find GobraGT... Jeez, I hope it's that killer Merc...

Thanks,
 
JUst to be sure, you guys realise that there's a second page? (of pics). We can see the orange car from very close too.
 
B-Spec mode sounds like a blast. I'm gonna be busy with GT4 for many years to come. :)
 
It looks like all convertible cars will have the top up on B-Spec :( !!!!!!!!!!!!!!





edit: Can anybody prove me wrong????? I looked around and didn't find any convertible w/ the top down on B-Spec mode... not yet.
 
sorry for being stupid :dunce: but what is B-Spec??? I have never figured it out 💡
 
hellnback
I wonder if you could 'P' or '5' the straight, knock it back to '2' 200m before the first turn, then up to '4' after you negotiate the double right.

In other words, be aggressive on the easy parts of tracks and where the track is tricky and you could spin out be more conservative...
The 5 setting won't get you much on the easy parts...it's a trade off: less opportunity to excell, less opportunity to screw up.

Orange SL 55 :yuck:
 
Back