Some of the cockpit graphics - Are they having a laugh?

United States
Daytona Beach
sloppysmusic
Beetle Gr. 3
Grey, blue , yellow and red. That's the whole pallet . Even with 3 bit RGB graphics you can get 8. Black/White/4 colors plus complementary colors.
Looks like zero textures too. Literally to me looks like a cartoon car. Might work on a smart-phone screen (from a decade ago), but on a modern 4k screen...embarrassing.

EDIT:
I have all the real cars in the game now from incessantly grinding and tuning all the road cars. no cheating or rubber bands! So now I'm trying them all out.

I guess we have premium and standard cars? Some of the cockpits are very nice, with video screen mirrors and MFD's. Some don't even HAVE cockpits. Like my fave N200 the little AC. Been deleting all those without interiors or with Zx81 cockpits...Except my little Alfa Romeo,,

EDIT:
At least one car, the Citroen Gr 3 has NO rear view. In the futuristic cockpit of this (extremely fast hint hint) car there is a space ship frontal view and NOTHING when you look behind. Every other car has a backseat/engine or spoiler there. They didnt bother with a rear view at all here.

Last edited:
Cars that don't have rear windows won't show you the rear, it's pointless to do so. Also, are you comparing GRAPHICS to ART DESIGN? the VW looks clean because it was designed to look clean. Not all racecars look like hack jobs inside.

I imagine that given the new trend of VR its starting to become more important to model the whole thing, Because the way I see it is if you turn your head to look around you during a race which you would you'd see the back of the cockpit in your peripheral vision.... I think.

I imagine that given the new trend of VR its starting to become more important to model the whole thing, Because the way I see it is if you turn your head to look around you during a race which you would you'd see the back of the cockpit in your peripheral vision.... I think.

It's modeled, you just can't see it when looking back because it defaults you to the outside cam .

The Beetle has probably the worst cockpit in the game, but the rest? Nah, they are all fine. More than fine actually.

Here I am just trying to imagine what the cockpit looks like. Sony, hurry and add a screen capture feature to the PS4 wil you.

He's complaining about the DESIGN of the interior, I'l admit its pretty bland, its just a metal slab with one huge gauge.

Back