Some other misc. topics I wanna discuss!

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 5 comments
United States
Connecticut
Ridley-X4
1. GT Sport's class homologation, and what real-world cars ought to be eligible for each group? We've seen the older, Pikes Peak-spec Audi Quattro S1 in the Gr.B class, alongside rally cars based on newer cars. As for the N-series, I propose that if the N-series returns to Sport Mode beyond one-makes, it should work similar to the other groups - with tuning prohibited so that BoP can be applied, since I think it'd be too hard for PD to try balancing every class if they considered tuned-up/de-tuned N-series cars that go into another class (e.g. the N200 RC-Z being de-tuned to be eligible for N100). Another thing I've enjoyed is the idea of Gr.X being used to include cars best for one-make races, like the F1500 and the Red Bull cars.
But the older 1960s cars we've seen, like the Jaguar XJ13, seem to be limited to Gr.X, though maybe it's partially because the XJ13 was technically a prototype and the Ferrari was one of the 330 P4s that was changed somehow, as opposed to the 330 P4 that won the Pebble Beach prize more recently. Or maybe there's simply no plans for a class for race cars that are that old, yet. My idea is that if the 80s Audi is in Gr.B, maybe Gr.1 could include cars from Group C, LMP900, modern LMP2, and Daytona Prototypes - this would allow more automakers to be within Gr.1 that would lack representation otherwise, respectively including Alfa Romeo, BMW, Honda, and Chevrolet.

If we include automakers that have previously appeared in the GT series, and limit ourselves to non-VGT cars, I could also list the following:

-Group C
Lamborghini
Lancia
Aston Martin (though they do have a more recent LMP1 car)
Jaguar
Mercedes-Benz
TOM'S

-LMGTP
Bentley

-LMP900
BMW
Chrysler
Lister
Panoz

-LMP2
Acura
Mazda
Lotus
Dome
Ginetta
MG

-WSC
Ferrari
Shelby

-Daytona Protoypes
Cadillac

Can some cars potentially change classes, too? I think before release, on the official website, the Vulcan and i3 were listed as being in classes different from those in the final game...

That said, I think I speak for a lot of people here when I say that I think DTM racers should be added to Gr.2 (though I wonder if Australian touring cars should be added here as well), and that numerous GT4 racers (e.g. the new Alpine A110, the Nurburgring 24h LF-A) could be added to Gr.4, and Super GT300 cars could be added to Gr.3. I also wonder if real-world GTE cars ought to be placed in Gr.3, like the real-world Chevrolet C7R, or the newly-revealed BMW M8 GTE. But I wonder what could be within any other hypothetical groups, like the leaked Gr.A? My guess would be that one of these groups could be used for older 90s touring cars, like the Alfa Romeo 155TI that was scanned - in this regard, I think older JGTC cars could be added here, too. So the newer Super GT 1st-gen NSX, GT-R R35 (older than the one added, i.e. before the most recent facelift), SC430, and Supra Mk.IV (for that one earlier season) could be added to Gr.2, while the JGTC racers like the GT-R R34 could be in Gr.A. But that said, I'm also curious if other touring cars like the LM-spec R33 & Supra Mk.IV or the McLaren F1 GTR should be here, too, and where later GT1 racers like the R390 should be placed. Perhaps Gr.A should be where the GT1 cars go, and if there's a Gr.C, maybe the older DTM/JGTC/touring cars would go there?

But I digress - I recall there were some pretty specific specs that were officially given for each class to define them. Specifically, particular power/weight figures. Does anyone recall these numbers? Maybe we can use them as a general idea as to what hypothetically-added cars ought to added to which group, and if new groups ought to be formed for other groups of cars - and maybe even get an idea of what exactly would define "Gr.A".

2. Street circuits! We've seen plenty of fictional street circuits in the games, with a large amount only seen in Gran Turismo 4, which included some personal favorites of mine like NYC. However, there are plenty of real-world street circuits, too, including some held in the same general locales as the original ones, such as the Formula E circuit in NYC - though this one is in Brooklyn rather than the Manhattan track seen in GT4. If you ask me, I think the Seattle and Tokyo circuits from GT3-onwards should return at the minimum, but maybe other real-world street circuits could join Monaco and others, too. Keep in mind, for example, that Spa-Francorchamps (as we know it today) used to be part of a much larger circuit (around twice as large!) that ran through Belgian streets! And given the older tracks seen in the series, it doesn't seem like PD has an issue with including older course layouts...

3. On that topic, what specific layouts of real-world circuits (which have been included in the GT series) do you miss in particular? Like one with/without a chicane? Older one like the 80s variants of Brands Hatch & Monza, or newer ones like the update for Suzuka, Fuji, and Le Mans? I think GT7 at the very least (maybe GTS but idk) should have variants of courses just like we have a notable amount of car variants.

4. And related to THAT topic, how far should GT in general go with car variants? I think it ought to be limited to variants that offer something interesting mechanically, like the variants of the Audi R8 and Lamborghini Huracan that come in MR formats versus the normal AWD formats. I also think it should be limited to homologation specials and commemorative models, as well, respectively such as the Nissan Skyline GT-R R33 LM Road Car, and the GT-R R33 LM Limited. Or if the car has a history unto itself, has been specially tuned by a tuner (especially for a specific purpose) - overall, something other than a different model year or a special color option.

5. On that topic, I don't think GT as a series should be too hasty to throw away original tracks/content they worked hard on before - I think they should spruce them up to more in-line with modern hardware, at least. For example, all the original courses introduced in GT5/GT6, such as Matterhorn and Eiger Norwand, that are still based on real-world locales. Hopefully those and the real-world circuits that debuted in those games (e.g. Silverstone, Goodwood Hillclimb, ) will return, as well - either in GTS, or in a hypothetical GT7. After all, we've already seen the return of Monza & Tsubuka, and in GT6, we saw the return of Apricot Hill and Midfield. So I'm sure that between GTS and "GT7," we'll see the return of plenty of tracks alongside the debut of new ones.

6. I'd say something similar regarding the cars "important to GT," and auto culture. Like the Nike One 2022, the Toyota MTRC, the various SEMA/Pebble Beach/Tokyo Auto Salon prize winners, the 2007 JDM-spec GT-R R35, the three Senna cars, the Leno cars, the Andretti Hudson, the blue SEMA Corvette C7, the Formula GT, and cars like the special 350Z GT Edition that was sold in the EU, but that's another story, haha!

7. I think there are a few music tracks that ought to be added. Namely, I think some of the menu themes from older GT games could be added to the menus, and for racing themes, there's "My Precious" by Daiki Kasho, and I think the "Moon over the Castle" racing themes from GT4 could be added, too, as well as the GT3 song by Snoop Dogg. I wonder if anyone else misses the older Daiki Kasho songs, too, like "Skyscraper"? Plus some of the songs only seen in GT4 Prologue, like 2/K or Turbo.

Wow!!!!! As far as the cars I will race what they give us. It seems no matter how many cars there are when racing in sport mode everyone uses only a handful of cars, even if that many. As far as tracks I am not a huge fan of street circuits, probably just Monaco but thats it. I would like to see some GT originals, Grand Valley, Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, etc.. I dont need real life tracks to have fun racing. I doubt Penske, Rousch, Chevrolet, Ford, etc. are going come knocking on my door because they see me doing well on real life tracks in GTS.

2. Street circuits! We've seen plenty of fictional street circuits in the games, with a large amount only seen in Gran Turismo 4, which included some personal favorites of mine like NYC. However, there are plenty of real-world street circuits, too, including some held in the same general locales as the original ones, such as the Formula E circuit in NYC - though this one is in Brooklyn rather than the Manhattan track seen in GT4. If you ask me, I think the Seattle and Tokyo circuits from GT3-onwards should return at the minimum, but maybe other real-world street circuits could join Monaco and others, too. Keep in mind, for example, that Spa-Francorchamps (as we know it today) used to be part of a much larger circuit (around twice as large!) that ran through Belgian streets! And given the older tracks seen in the series, it doesn't seem like PD has an issue with including older course layouts...

This does sound good on paper, but if players on GTS can't navigate certain circuits then streets would be a nightmare.

5. On that topic, I don't think GT as a series should be too hasty to throw away original tracks/content they worked hard on before - I think they should spruce them up to more in-line with modern hardware, at least. For example, all the original courses introduced in GT5/GT6, such as Matterhorn and Eiger Norwand, that are still based on real-world locales. Hopefully those and the real-world circuits that debuted in those games (e.g. Silverstone, Goodwood Hillclimb, ) will return, as well - either in GTS, or in a hypothetical GT7. After all, we've already seen the return of Monza & Tsubuka, and in GT6, we saw the return of Apricot Hill and Midfield. So I'm sure that between GTS and "GT7," we'll see the return of plenty of tracks alongside the debut of new ones.

They may already have previous tracks ready for the game. On the other hand, being from the previous generation (and on a different platform). These former tracks may take time to recreate for the PS4, so it will take time.

There were some other things that I wanted to touch on, too. Like how maybe older photomode scenes from GT5/GT6 could return, too - I loved visiting Ronda IRL. And I wonder if it'd be a good idea to have the GT League events, that feature Gr.1/Gr.2/Gr.3/Gr.4/Gr.B to force on BoP? I'm personally not entirely sure, given that you could always enable BoP for arcade mode races and in lobbies.

And as for additional GT League events, I think there are still some potential events we could see, even if we limited ourselves to the car list as of 1.18. In the Endurance League, there could be a Gr.2 Suzuka 1000km, and within the Gr.3 endurance, there could be an endurance modeled on the Nurburgring 24h, much like how the WEC may use the GP circuit. Though it'd be maybe an hour or so long instead, and on that topic, I'd really like to see more endurance races that are time-based rather than lap-based, since only the Gr.1 Endurance event is like that. I'd bet dollars-to-donuts that if/when Le Mans and Silverstone return, they'll become two more events in the Gr.1 Endurance Series. Speaking of which, I'd also bet that if the Monaco GP returns, it'll be where another F1500T Championship race would be held. If Spa-Francorchamps returns, I think it could be either-or.

In addition, I'd really like to see more lobby options - at least as many as in Arcade Mode when making a race against the AI, and perhaps even options to somehow replicate GT League events, such as being able to enforce what region(s) the eligible cars are from, or maybe even selecting a group of individual cars. And maybe even being able to set up a suggested cars page for players who may not have those machines in their respective garage yet.

Finally, I really wanna know more about that ticket system, and overall what content could be next - and if May could end up being the first month without an update for GT Sport. Although, the Monaco GP *is* this upcoming Sunday, so I wonder if that could coincide with anything? Plus we've got the various WEC events coming, too - including Le Mans! I personally am hoping for more neat stuff in the mileage exchange, I think it has some real potential. Like in the decals section, there could be more official versions of various manufacturer and brand logos, like those seen on some of the made-for-game liveries on the Gr.3 and Gr.4 racers, as opposed to the actual GT3 cars. It'd be nice to have an official one that's high-res rather than relying on searching for a good uploader within the community. Or maybe the older helm/suit designs from GT5/GT6 could be in there, too!

EDIT:
-There's also the factor that some tracks don't have track logo stickers representing them, mostly the tracks that've been added like Monza and Tsubuka.
-The other thing I wanna bring up is that I reviewed the classes according to the official YouTube channel, and it turns out that Gr.4 and Gr.3 are respectively meant to be analogous to FIA GT4 and FIA GT3, with Gr.1 being for prototypes that generally weight 900kg and have 1000HP, so maybe Group C cars would be in Gr.1 after all. They don't explicitly mention Le Mans prototypes, either - just "prototypes," so maybe Chevrolet could be represented with the Corvette Daytona Prototype?
-And I think the only reason the BMW i3 is in Gr.X is because it's all-electric.

Last edited:
Back