Someone Please Post a Pic of the New Yellow FGT!

  • Thread starter Thread starter SS_1182
  • 34 comments
  • 4,586 views
Messages
1,173
Messages
user27564
There's an orange one in my online lot. I really dig it, but I think I might prefer to have the yellow one instead. Eventually I'll have both, but I'm not in a hurry to grind for 8 hours straight, and from what I've been told, the cars only stay in the lot for one day. So I could really use some help in deciding on whether or not to purchase the orange one while it's up today. If anyone can please post a picture of the yellow FGT I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!
 
With as many complaints as there are on here, I would say just buy that one while you can.
 
Not GT5 but 4. It may look like it:

350px-IMG0077.JPG
 
Bad quality, just snapped pics of my TV with my phone...

img0458rx.jpg


img0461hy.jpg
 
Thanks!! Yellow and blue, huh? I'll have to go into the FGT race and see if there are versions of this car in that event.


thanks again!
 
Ya no problem, I think the poor quality of the pic makes it look blue but it is actually just black. Yellow and black
 
Be proud of your colors.........................................................................................................................mine is pink :scared:
 
Just realized I can go into photo mode and walk around to take a look at all the different FGT's. Definitely don't prefer the orange any more. I like the yellow, white, and red ones.
 
Go to a replay, then go to photo mode. You can "walk around" and see all the cars in the race, take pics up close, etc.
 
Be proud of your colors.........................................................................................................................mine is pink :scared:

O.M.G you got Barbie and Ken's Car :lol:
 
That's just an insault to the FGT. Comparing it to the Lotus, i thought better of you!

But seriously, the FGT is probably faster than the Lotus

The FGT is based on a 2004 F1 car, so probably not, though the FGT has slicks rather than grooved tyres like in 2004, the aerodynamic progress since then would probably put the Lotus ahead.

Thanks!! Yellow and blue, huh? I'll have to go into the FGT race and see if there are versions of this car in that event.

thanks again!

Its based on the Jordan Grand Prix liveries from 1997-2004:
250px-Heinz-Harald_Frentzen_1999_Canada.jpg


Pretty much they seemed to have stylised the liveries to the famous teams from F1 at the time, Orange = Arrows, Silver = McLaren, Red = Ferrari, Blue = Ligier/Prost, White+Blue = Williams, Yellow+Black = Jordan, Green+Yellow = Jaguar/Lotus, etc etc.
 
The FGT is based on a 2004 F1 car, so probably not, though the FGT has slicks rather than grooved tyres like in 2004, the aerodynamic progress since then would probably put the Lotus ahead.
Almost all of the current F1 track records are held by the F2004 or McLaren's MP4-whatever. I'm not trying to say you're wrong, but it's hard to tell. As far as aerodynamics the FIA banned ground effects for 2010- so that's up in the air as well.

Pretty much they seemed to have stylised the liveries to the famous teams from F1 at the time, Orange = Arrows, Silver = McLaren, Red = Ferrari, Blue = Ligier/Prost, White+Blue = Williams, Yellow+Black = Jordan, Green+Yellow = Jaguar/Lotus, etc etc.
I noticed the same in GT4...very glad the white FGT showed up in the Online Dealership.

That's just an insault to the FGT. Comparing it to the Lotus, i thought better of you!

But seriously, the FGT is probably faster than the Lotus
Who doesn't think of Lotus when a yellow and green paint job is mentioned? This year's Lotus may not have performed, but they have won championships in the past.
 
The FGT is based on a 2004 F1 car, so probably not, though the FGT has slicks rather than grooved tyres like in 2004, the aerodynamic progress since then would probably put the Lotus ahead.

Nice try but you are waaay off the mark. The 2004 F1 cars are the fastest F1 cars (and by extension the fastest circuit racing cars) of all time. Equal downforce to the 2010 RB6 but with 200BHP more and equal tyres. Don't let the grooves fool you - the 2004 tyres were during a tyre war between Michelin and Bridgestone so were soft as butter and stickier than a really sticky thing.

That's the reason the 2004 Ferrari F2004 holds virtually all circuit records.
 
Off topic, but how is Lotus' achievement this year not a good performance? Even Ferrari could not have done better with the same amount of resources and time.

Nice try but you are waaay off the mark. The 2004 F1 cars are the fastest F1 cars (and by extension the fastest circuit racing cars) of all time. Equal downforce to the 2010 RB6 but with 200BHP more and equal tyres. Don't let the grooves fool you - the 2004 tyres were during a tyre war between Michelin and Bridgestone so were soft as butter and stickier than a really sticky thing.

That's the reason the 2004 Ferrari F2004 holds virtually all circuit records.

FGT != 2004 F1 car, it is based upon one, but it is not one. And the horsepower is similar, don't know where you got 200bhp from.

As I said, the FGT doesn't have grooved tyres, so its irrelevant.
 
Off topic, but how is Lotus' achievement this year not a good performance? Even Ferrari could not have done better with the same amount of resources and time.



FGT != 2004 F1 car, it is based upon one, but it is not one. And the horsepower is similar, don't know where you got 200bhp from.

As I said, the FGT doesn't have grooved tyres, so its irrelevant.

Right but when it's just code you're plugging through it's easy to make the FGT just as 'quick' as a 2004 F1 car ;)

And I get the 200BHP figure from official figures released by teams and my own calculations. A 2004 Ferrari/Mercedes/BMW/Honda V10 produced between 920-950BHP and a current 2010 Cosworth/Ferrari/Mercedes V8 produces 740-760BHP.
 
FGT != 2004 F1 car, it is based upon one, but it is not one. And the horsepower is similar, don't know where you got 200bhp from.
Between the '05 and '06 F1 season the engines went down to 2.4L from 3L resulting in a loss of power.
 
Between the '05 and '06 F1 season the engines went down to 2.4L from 3L resulting in a loss of power.

Plus an engine freeze which intended to limit it. However, I still think today's V8's could produce the same horsepower when asked to (without the rule limitations on revs and horsepower). Cosworth already developed an engine which reached similar rpm levels.
 
Plus an engine freeze which intended to limit it. However, I still think today's V8's could produce the same horsepower when asked to (without the rule limitations on revs and horsepower). Cosworth already developed an engine which reached similar rpm levels.

Then you are misinformed.

Power is a function of torque and rpm. And torque is a function of BMEP which relies on intake and combustion pressures. So since the 2004 and 2010 engines rev similarly (okay so in qualifying a 2004 V10 would easily exceed 19,000rpm but in race they typically went to 18,000rpm for reliability) and will have a very similar BMEP from both being naturally aspirated but because the 2010 engine is 20% smaller (2.4 vs 3.0) it will produce 20% less torque therefore 20% less power. 20% of 950BHP = 190BHP. For a current V8 to produce said 950BHP it would need to rev to 22500rpm!

Simple physics yo.

Side-note: the engines used at the end of the 2005 season (the last hurrah of the V10) were producing 1000BHP....from 3.0! Just crazy.

Sorry, a bored engineer here...
 
Besides these cars have V12 3.5l engine (just look at the description)
 
Well, Cosworth did develop a V8 which could rev to 20,000rpm...so its not impossible.
 
Actually by mid-2006 all the teams were revving over the magical 20,000rpm barrier in qualifying. The 2006 Ferrari V8 produced 785BHP at the end of the year.
 
A V8 with the same time and resources (as well as open regulations) spent on it, could be developed to be as powerful as, if not more powerful than a V10. In any case, my original comparison was with the FGT, which has unknown aerodynamic ability. At the very least, the Lotus wouldn't be far off.
 
It would appear that most of the FGT cars in GT5 are identical to the ones from GT4. Most of them - livery-wise, at least - were based on Formula 1 cars. The red was Ferrari, the silver and black McLaren, the yellow and black Jordan, the blue Liger or Prost, the green and yellow ("John Deere Edition") Lotus, the orange arrows, the white a 1990s Tyrell, the with with red and green a BAR-Honda or maybe a 1980s Williams and so on.
 
So has anyone tried to paint their FGT yet?
To see if it's possible, Only asking because there is a white one on the online dealership after the new update and it looks better than the blue one I have now.
I didn't try myself because I went straight into the ring 4 hour endurance race in B-SPEC.
 
Power is a function of torque and rpm. And torque is a function of BMEP which relies on intake and combustion pressures. So since the 2004 and 2010 engines rev similarly (okay so in qualifying a 2004 V10 would easily exceed 19,000rpm but in race they typically went to 18,000rpm for reliability) and will have a very similar BMEP from both being naturally aspirated but because the 2010 engine is 20% smaller (2.4 vs 3.0) it will produce 20% less torque therefore 20% less power. 20% of 950BHP = 190BHP. For a current V8 to produce said 950BHP it would need to rev to 22500rpm!

Mostly true if all things remain equal, but they're not. We're talking about F1 here, the rate of technological advancement is astounding and you may be neglecting key factors. Components get lightened, piston skirts get shortened, nikasil cylinder linings improve and reduce friction, major advancements in low friction piston rings, shorter divisions between cylinders to reduce pumping losses, not to mention all the advancements in pneumatic valves in the cylinder heads and these are only a few of the things we know about... the point is the engines get alot more efficient and haven't suffered that much power loss despite the reduction in displacement. As an aside, although I'm not a fan of the proposed changes I can't wait to see how they continue the make power despite the new 1.6L turbo 4's w/ the 12k rpm cap they've proposed for 2013. I love the ways they always find loopholes in the rule definitions. This time it would seem they've really got their work cut out for them though.
Here's an article on it from USA Today: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor/formula1/2010-12-13-fia-meetings-monaco_N.htm?csp=usat.me
Sorry if I went a little astray from the topic at hand...:nervous:
 
Back