Something Odd Happened at SSR11

• Thread starter ToyGTone
  • 13 comments
Bahrain
Parts Unknown
DM me
DM me
I was going to drive on SSR11 and then this happened...

GT.jpg
GT1.jpg
GT2.jpg
GT3.jpg

Also my head lights are off...(just saying)

wqd.jpg

Wrong background (3rd pic), It's not set in night like it should be, an Odd road sign in the background..etc

it also remind me of this (at 2:20)

...at least it became a "Daylight" version of it.....

Can't believe I didn't spot that! :ouch: I imagine it's simply a glitch caused by running on something other than it's native system.

TMM
The mountains in the background of the forth pic are so wrong! Kind of looks like a cross between San Francisco in GT2 and maybe Deep Forest from GT.

I guess you are using an emulator running on a PC?
San Francisco? I don't think there's a San Francisco track in GT2. But I will say that it does look a bit like Deep Forest, a track that's been in every main game. I don't doubt it being caused by means we can't discuss here. But there is a Hi-Fi version of Route 11 in the game, right? Maybe this glitch has something to do with it.

Apologies, Seattle was the course I was thinking of. The elevation changes make me think of San Francisco re: Bullitt!

So I guess we need day night rotation on the 90's SSR11 for the next Gran Turismo then! May be a glitch but the early morning vibe with the street lights on looks pretty nice. A night to very early morning transistion might have been cool in the enduro races

Sorry for bringing an old thread from the ashes, but this really got me interested. How exactly did you make it happen? I'd like to replicate that result.

Sorry for bringing an old thread from the ashes, but this really got me interested. How exactly did you make it happen? I'd like to replicate that result.

From @SportWagon's page:
$8F76C - It's best not to change this location. It appears, in some modes to be sort of a reminder of the last track used.

But if you are adventurous, you can change both this location and $B63EC [track location], and get rather a strange effect. The track used will not be changed, but the distant scenery and certain lighting effects will be those of the new one.

E.g. race at DFRW, and then before starting the next race set both $8F76C and $B63EC to the code for an SSR11 track, and you end up racing at DFRW at night, sort of. But not really.

*** Do not change this location unless you really know what you're doing***

Thus, you can use this code:
NTSC 1.0 (converted by me)
300B63BC ????
3008F728 ????

NTSC 1.1
300B63EC ????
3008F768 ????

To use them, load your desired track, quit, then enter the code (replace ???? with values available here - both values must be the same) and hit Try Again.

Follow those groups when using those codes (e.g. don't use HSR with CSR5 skybox), otherwise texture corruption might occur:
High Speed Ring, Trial Mountain/Test Course, Deep Forest, "Test Drive" License Versions of HSR and DF
Autumn Ring/Mini (including rogo-test), Grand Valley/East
Clubman/Special Stage Route 5, Special Stage Route 11
(END's skybox works with any track.)

:)

Back