Sony should be ashamed

  • Thread starter Thread starter jimftr
  • 40 comments
  • 3,469 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
622
England
Preston
Messages
jimftr2
Messages
jimftr2
I know this thread might be off topic, but i haven't seen a thread dedicated to what people actually really think about Sony keeping us in the dark. I mean come on! At least be respectful of the fans and give us Something. A release date or maybe an explanation of the leaked copies, I just don't understand why Sony will just sit and watch, even after they announced that they would give us a new release date BEFORE the end of October. Where is that release date Sony? I don't see it anywhere, Do you?
 
I know this thread might be off topic... Where is that release date Sony? I don't see it anywhere, Do you?

There's already at least one thread dedicated to release dates. You didn't need to start another.

Edit: and there's even one already started for semi-off-topic whining, the emo thread. So really... come on.
 
They're doing what they're doing because they believe it will make them money. Profit. It's business, bro.
 
Jimftr, I fear you may be about to go on the list. I'm not sure if this thread counts as an actual release date thread, but...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=117303

Read it. Moderators have had enough of release date threads when there is slready one. And for good reason. You better hope they do not see this one as a release date thread. However, I'm not sure what they'll think.
 
Jimftr, I fear you may be about to go on the list. I'm not sure if this thread counts as an actual release date thread, but...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=117303

Read it. Moderators have had enough of release date threads when there is slready one. And for good reason. You better hope they do not see this one as a release date thread. However, I'm not sure what they'll think.
It's not about the release date, it's about Sony's view of the customer. They just think they can get away with things that other companies would not.
 
Cant really see this lasting more than a few mins...

Sony wont be ashamed.. They dont give a crap about your feelings.. they only give a crap about getting your money, and no matter what happens with GT, they "WILL" get your money. They know ... you know it. :sly:
 
It's not about the release date, it's about Sony's view of the customer. They just think they can get away with things that other companies would not.

"Things" being missing the release date. Meaning this should've gone in the release date thread, or at the very worst the "GT5 Delayed" thread. That's just me though, I'll move on now :P.
 
It's not about the release date, it's about Sony's view of the customer. They just think they can get away with things that other companies would not.

Personally, I think this thread is pointless. (This isn't anything against you). Although the 'GT5 release date' thread was closed, why did you not just post this in the GT5 general discussion. Or even the 'GT5 Delayed' thread. You probably would have ended up getting more replys too. However, I can only see this thread ending in a bad way. Although, for your sake I hope not.
 
Maybe Sony doesn't make any advertisment because I wants to send copies to the shops for the preorders and then bit a bit make more stock and then sell it, I mean, maybe Sony hasn't enough copy for all of us and people who still hasn't preordered the game...
 
To calm my nerves regarding this release date thing i decided to go back and play GT2 allover again. Yes, i said GT2.
 
To calm my nerves regarding this release date thing i decided to go back and play GT2 allover again. Yes, i said GT2.
GT4 For me.
 
Cant really see this lasting more than a few mins...

Sony wont be ashamed.. They dont give a crap about your feelings.. they only give a crap about getting your money, and no matter what happens with GT, they "WILL" get your money. They know ... you know it. :sly:

This. 👍

If you're reading this Sony please at least try to be ashamed, granted it won't work, but have fun trying.

This is what 90% or so of GTers think about you lot right now, while it is an estimate, people will back me up on this one.

I know this won't change your feelings towards us, but hey, it's too tough to break you lot in your tower of money and wealth, so I don't even know why I'm posting this...
 
This. 👍

If you're reading this Sony please at least try to be ashamed, granted it won't work, but have fun trying.

This is what 90% or so of GTers think about you lot right now, while it is an estimate, people will back me up on this one.

I know this won't change your feelings towards us, but hey, it's too tough to break you lot in your tower of money and wealth, so I don't even know why I'm posting this...
Haha, Pretending would be better than not doing it at all.
 
Sony's a woman of the night. She don't give a damn for your feelings. She just likes your money. And your threads to get locked.
 
Sony's a woman of the night. She don't give a damn for your feelings. She just likes your money. And your threads to get locked.
With a padlock?
 
I'm ashamed of myself for dropping the money for CE to these clowns. Won't be happening again but don't think Sony or PD will care to much, plenty of others to fall in line and don't even want to know the time line for GT6.
 
As much as they might say... We are really sorry for this delay.. blah blah blah.

Its all rubbish, Fact of the matter is they know damn well no matter what is said and shown or not shown about GT, no matter how many times it's delayed and for whatever crummy excuse they come up with.

ITS GT...

And all of us on this site as a bare minimum WILL buy GT.

They will make a tidy packet off this game regardless of the publicity MESS it seems to be in right now.

Only thing I can say..

I did have a signature edition on pre-order costing £150 GBP. After this fiasco and knowing its not actually quite what they made it out to be, I will now only be buying a standard edition costing just £45 GBP.

So for that, they havent made quite as much money from me as they perhaps would have liked.
 
I have to admit, the lack of info from Sony is now getting to become an absolute disgrace.
 
Why not cancel your pre-order and order whichever edition will make you un-ashamed?
 
I'm ashamed of myself for dropping the money for CE to these clowns. Won't be happening again but don't think Sony or PD will care to much, plenty of others to fall in line and don't even want to know the time line for GT6.

Same here: Sony, PD, Yamauchi et al. are the most unprofessional crowd of jokers I've ever come across.
 
Why not cancel your pre-order and order whichever edition will make you un-ashamed?
You obviously don't get it. Like someone just said, they need to give us more info, rather than do nothing.
 
I think it's fair enough to start a thread which specifically talks about the pathetic failure of Sony and PD as far as the release of this game and the dispersal of actual information about the game goes. Frankly, it's all been a pathetic mess, and everybody is laughing at it (or crying about it).
 
Haha. People are funny. We're all information deprived. I've also had the urge to cancel my pre-order for the C.E. but then I'm like, I'll only be kicking myself in the ***. So not only will I get it late, but I won't even get the edition I wanted.

Do you guys think your "shame" will make Sony do anything differently?

Once the game is in your hands, you'll forget all about these feelings.
 
Coming from the Sim Racing mod community I have seen many mods for many games produced / released and handled with complete proffesionalism.

Thing is, these guys do it for free and only get a " Thanks " for the astronimical amount of time spent on some of them.

What grates on me is we are paying for this and its treated with such disregard for us as paying customers.

This is what I find utterly disgracefull.

There is the fact that sony are wanting to get the units shipped to countries in time for a release date ready so when they do finally announce, it wont be delayed again.

Suerly would it harm them as a company to announce this and be honest so we at least know what is going on.

As I said earlier, they dont give a hoot they just want your cash.
 
Haha. People are funny. We're all information deprived. I've also had the urge to cancel my pre-order for the C.E. but then I'm like, I'll only be kicking myself in the ***. So not only will I get it late, but I won't even get the edition I wanted.

Do you guys think your "shame" will make Sony do anything differently?

Once the game is in your hands, you'll forget all about these feelings.
Absolutely true, I would never cancel my pre-order, that's not what this is about though.
 
It's been 12 days since the "promise of a new release date by the end of October". I mean 12 days! of absolute silence. I mean at least post on twitter: We're working on it, or We're still on track for 2010 launch or whatever to keep the pre-orders leading up to the release date announcement strong. Would this not make business sense?

Without announcing a release date surely they are losing money to the average Joe who just walked into EBGames and pre-ordered Need for Speed or whatever other title he could have put down on GT5 if he was informed that [INSERT DATE] was the date of the release?

On top of that, silence just ticks off the legion of very faithful fans.

I just don't get it
 
Haha. People are funny. We're all information deprived. I've also had the urge to cancel my pre-order for the C.E. but then I'm like, I'll only be kicking myself in the ***. So not only will I get it late, but I won't even get the edition I wanted.

Signature / Collectors / Standard editions..

No matter which you pay for the core game is entirely the same, only the DLC cars are extra's for the much more expensive versions.

Therefore, Im not actually that botherd now about getting a few extra cars , so I have withdrawn my pre-order for a signature edition.

This does mean Sony will loose over £100 of my money.

Granted I am a small fish in a huge lake of people that want this game..

But imagine if a lot of people think along the same lines as myself..
 
It's been 12 days since the "promise of a new release date by the end of October". I mean 12 days! of absolute silence. I mean at least post on twitter: We're working on it, or We're still on track for 2010 launch or whatever to keep the pre-orders leading up to the release date announcement strong. Would this not make business sense?

Without announcing a release date surely they are losing money to the average Joe who just walked into EBGames and pre-ordered Need for Speed or whatever other title he could have put down on GT5 if he was informed that [INSERT DATE] was the date of the release?

On top of that, silence just ticks off the legion of very faithful fans.

I just don't get it
Exactly! Surely a company as big as Sony should be able to get it right first time. And that nonsense of a announcement of a date in October was pathetic. I'd rather they just said something like "Release date soon"
 
Absolutely true, I would never cancel my pre-order, that's not what this is about though.

No I understand what people "try" to say, or rather, the statements they try to make. But, unless a HUGE portion of potential buyers decide to boycott, nothing's gonna happen. And we all know that's not going to happen. Sony doesn't care, as they've illustrated quite coldly. Their only concern is their bottom dollar. They're not a racing sim charity, but rather a money-minded corporation.

So, it's kind of pointless to even bring topics like this up because ... in the end, it doesn't even matter.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back