Sony should be ashamed

  • Thread starter Thread starter jimftr
  • 40 comments
  • 3,469 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as they might say... We are really sorry for this delay.. blah blah blah.

Its all rubbish, Fact of the matter is they know damn well no matter what is said and shown or not shown about GT, no matter how many times it's delayed and for whatever crummy excuse they come up with.

ITS GT...

And all of us on this site as a bare minimum WILL buy GT.

They will make a tidy packet off this game regardless of the publicity MESS it seems to be in right now.

Only thing I can say..

I did have a signature edition on pre-order costing £150 GBP. After this fiasco and knowing its not actually quite what they made it out to be, I will now only be buying a standard edition costing just £45 GBP.

So for that, they havent made quite as much money from me as they perhaps would have liked.

Same, I had the Collectors and I cancelled it for the standard. Just have the game is good enough.
 
Why not cancel your pre-order and order whichever edition will make you un-ashamed?

Waiting for a release date from sony. I know thats funny isn't it, but if one comes out that has any year but 2010 I'm canceling. Work is picking back up so it might be time to get rolling with the real car again, won't have time for GT5 if thats the case.
 
And another thing about while on the subject of making money:

This is Sony's biggest game yet right? If this were a huge movie release like say Star Wars 7, fans would have been informed for months ahead to make costumes, organise midnight screening parties, buy T shirts, caps, mugs, makeup, lightsabres etc etc. HUGE amount of money in that.

The silence from Sony and PD means that there is no real exitement for the fan base. If they came out and said: "OMG GT5 is awesome with PS3 Eye and must be played with a G27 to be believed, and you must buy a PS3 plush toy too" I bet they'd sell 2.5million plush toys this month!

I just don't get it! who stays silent about a product that you've spent multi millions developing?? I'd be doing daily updates! Veil of secrecy is so 1998 marketting, as if there will be no leaks anyway?
 
Signature / Collectors / Standard editions..

This does mean Sony will loose over £100 of my money.

Exactly, they'll lose 100 (don't have a pound symbol on my keyboard) of your money ... BUT, some one else will quite happily suck that S.E. up that you've relinquished. The C.E.s and S.E.s are already made (well I'd hope so) and someone, somewhere will buy them.

Yet again, you giving up your S.E. has NOT made a difference to Sony.
 
plumping for the base game rather than a more fancy one is a good way to show our dissatisfaction without needing to cut out the game totally. sounds like a good plan
 
I'm surprised that there haven't been more GTPlanets users with Stockholm Syndrome browbeating the OP for even daring to criticize Sony...

OT but very nice 4th gen BoneSaw. I don't see well-maintained 4th gens that often anymore.
 
Waiting for a release date from sony. I know thats funny isn't it, but if one comes out that has any year but 2010 I'm canceling. Work is picking back up so it might be time to get rolling with the real car again, won't have time for GT5 if thats the case.

Hey man ... Life first. If not now, you'll be able to pick up the game at some point, and in the bargain bin as well. Or even cheaper on Craiglist when some little kid gets pissed that it's not Gran Turismo Need for Speed.

I'm also on the verge of a career shift which will seriously diminish the time I'll be able to give to the game for at least a good few months. Am I pissed that I could've already had the damn game? Oh hell yeah. But what can I do?
 
plumping for the base game rather than a more fancy one is a good way to show our dissatisfaction without needing to cut out the game totally. sounds like a good plan

Limited editions are all limited, they're going to sell out. Not buying one yourself just means you won't get one. Sony won't notice - it's not like they're going to have your copy left in the factory and notice. If you are just concerned about sending a message you'll have to not get the game at all, because it's not limited and won't sell out. I think you should just enjoy the S.E. you probably had on reserve. I'm going to.
 
Some people have an odd sense of entitlement.
 
It's no question why all of the people here aren't the CEO of a massive company.
 
With a padlock?

Yes


Now I have a funny feeling that we already have a number of threads already discussing topics such as release dates and general moaning, as such the staff need another one to watch over as much as we need a chainsaw enema.

This gets locked and please think more carefully before starting another thread, ask yourself 'am I actually starting new discussion or could this go in an existing thread?'


Scaff
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back