Sony to Double PlayStation 5 Production Numbers Ahead of Launch

Dear Sony/Polyphony... pls make one less console and GT7 game, I'm sitting this one out.

I've grown to feel a little sad at the way GTS went. Very little rally content. Broken promises for the qty of cars that will never ever materialise etc. Like a few other old fans, I may return in future one day. But for now, I have PC content. I'll be happy to read about the new consoles when they land. I currently own team blue and green, but the way things have gone, I'll just go with team green this time around.

Dear Sony/Polyphony... pls make one less console and GT7 game, I'm sitting this one out.

I've grown to feel a little sad at the way GTS went. Very little rally content. Broken promises for the qty of cars that will never ever materialise etc. Like a few other old fans, I may return in future one day. But for now, I have PC content. I'll be happy to read about the new consoles when they land. I currently own team blue and green, but the way things have gone, I'll just go with team green this time around.

I have a feeling Sony will be just fine and they won't have any trouble selling yours to someone else. ;)

Going by the gt7 reveal trailer i seriously doubt gt7 is a launch title for the ps5

Because they didn't show gameplay of other tracks/cars?
I was hoping they were saving some of the details for closer to launch. But mid 2021 might be more likely I guess.

They might spin out a demo for the launch. Anyone remember GT HD? :dopey:

Depending on how much they plan to charge, they may or may not have shortages. ;)

I like their optimism though, and makes a change for planning for there not to be shortages of a new console, which always seems part of the marketing to me. 'Look, our console is so popular we can't make enough of them!' :rolleyes:

I don't think I will be getting one till GT7 I waited for GT Sport to get a PS4. And depending on the price, may not get a PS5 at launch prices.

That's good news. BTW, is it only me or does anybody else find the new style hi-tech PS5 is growing on them?
Anxiously waiting on release.

As well as anticipating higher than expected demand at launch, i wonder whether Sony may also be hedging against any medium term supply line issues by stocking up while the going is good.

I'm assuming that console production relies on various components being available from a number of different sources (in different countries and/or continents) at a steady rate.

Hopefully its not a scenario that's going to happen, but if you know what causes more localised lockdowns to take place over this winter, supply chains could get disrupted again.

If, for example, the factories producing the bulk of the SSDs have to shut down for a month or two, Sony could be left with a million incomplete machines which have everything except for the SSD. Having another month of completed stock in hand means being able to ride out any supply chain issues that may arise and still meet demand from GT Planet users... it's not like they wont sell the extra machines easily anyway.

On the subject of GT7 launch, I think everyone's forgetting how games are developed these days, certainly during the current generation. Software developers use agile methodology (go look it up) to develop games these days, with a minimum viable product to test and learn and release value sooner. GT Sport was effectively one giant test and learn for GT7, so expect it to land much sooner than you think. I think it's either day 1 or Q1 2021. If nothing else, Sony needs it to be.

I wonder how many of us will be buying two or more on launch or two or more in general?,I know I'm def gonna get both versions to begin with, especially as I've saved well over £1500 by not going out drinking/clubbing etc because of lockdown

I wonder how many of us will be buying two or more on launch or two or more in general?,I know I'm def gonna get both versions to begin with, especially as I've saved well over £1500 by not going out drinking/clubbing etc because of lockdown
Let's hope you have saved well more than enough! :eek: ;)

Back