Sony Xperia Go - Wifi problems

• Thread starter robert1
  • 2 comments
United Kingdom
England, Kent
Robertjh90903
so, I have a sony xperia go (ST27i), running gingerbread (2.3.7) and sometimes the WiFi is fine, while others it will basically do this "connected, scanning, obtaining ip address, scanning, obtaining ip address connected, scanning" and never stay connected for more than 2 seconds, and no matter how many times you re set or turn wifi on and off it wont fix it until it just decides to stop doing it. it does it with both routers in my house, the router at my girl friends, and at uni, most the time its ok but the days it decides to do this its really annoying, and sometimes it will suddenly say the password is wrong and i have to enter it 5 or 6 times before it accepts its right (and all i do is copy and paste so nothing inputted is changed) any ideas on a fix here?

just to add, on days it does this I can sit right next to the router and it will still do it

Gingerbread? Can't you update the thing to at least Ice Cream Sandwich and preferrably to Jellybean which is the most current andriod OS. The updates may cure it if you can do them with that device.

well, every time I tried to update through the phone it told me it was on the latest it could get, the second I connected it to a computer, it pops up saying jellybean is available :P so ive got all that installed and ill see how it goes

Back