soo... anyone wants to say AI is too weak?

• Thread starter Swagger897
  • 41 comments
I don't find that the ai spins me out much at all. In fact, pretty much every time the ai spun me, it was my fault. It was cos I pushed the back end of my car into their nose. Even for Nascar.

Just gotta be careful. As you would IRL

The NASCAR ones most certainly aren't your fault. They are probably the biggest example of the boundary collision glitch.

The problem with the AI is the 'I' part...there is none when they are in front of you. They only way they'll ever deviate from a predetermined line is when they try to pass either you or other AI.

So if you are pulling a move on them you need to leave them a LOT of room. They don't purposely block.

He has his wheels almost at the height of the other? Far less is "significant amount past". In F1 that "significant amount" is defined roughly as the front wing.

Dirty AI is no news, but this is a good example. Do that twice and you'll be kicked from any well managed room.
I thought the rule was more like two-thirds of the passing car's body-length needed to be ahead. This however is also not F1 - I'm assuming that only the front wing is the rule with F1 as the drivers have more visibilty.

I actually drive too cautiously when online myself, so I wouldn't get kicked from an online room. I race clean only rooms and I only attempt a pass when I know I can do it - this is because I raced in GT5 pretty much with full damage on.

This however is also not F1
But the car/challenges are based on F1. If it isn't that, then what is the game of in general? (Other than driving on the title, because clearly it is more than just that, otherwise we would have free run already..)

But the car/challenges are based on F1. If it isn't that, then what is the game of in general? (Other than driving on the title, because clearly it is more than just that, otherwise we would have free run already..)
I meant that the Redbull cars aren't F1 - or are you saying that the F1 rule is throughout the game? I was just going by the GTPlanet online guideline.

I thought the rule was more like two-thirds of the passing car's body-length needed to be ahead. This however is also not F1 - I'm assuming that only the front wing is the rule with F1 as the drivers have more visibilty.

Front wing is probably not enough for GT, true. But in the above vid it was close to 100% after the apex, when they hit the player was pretty much ahead.

I fully agree though that it is also the passing drivers risk to do it on the outside, because you wont get more than a "sry" if it goes wrong, usually not even that. It doesn't win you races demanding your rights in corners. Anticipating the others doing those things does though.

I actually drive too cautiously when online myself, so I wouldn't get kicked from an online room. I race clean only rooms and I only attempt a pass when I know I can do it - this is because I raced in GT5 pretty much with full damage on.

Very little visibility in an F1 car - even sitting in one without a helmet you struggle to see what's around you past a certain point. With helmet+HANS I imagine you rely on your hearing a lot more. Stewards normally apply "front wing past rear wheel" providing it was a consistent position, just lunging in at the last minute isn't acceptable.

The GT AI debate has gone on forever, I suspect people notice the negative aspects of the AI even more in GT6 because of the over-scripted laptimes that they do.

I meant that the Redbull cars aren't F1 - or are you saying that the F1 rule is throughout the game? I was just going by the GTPlanet online guideline.
No they are not exactly F1, but they are GT's scapegoat to having them in game. There are no F1 rules throughout the game, nor any applicable terms for F1 to GT..

But the matter of fact is, they are in the game to expose us to the pinnacle of motorsports, consisting of high downforce, extreme accel/deccel-eration... I would imagine the drivers would also be the best of the GT AI, but that is a far cry from anything we currently have...

Well, last night I tried the grind again and on the last lap of the Nurb GP/F Standard X2014 event, I got hit by a Level 5 Ferrari (no.. not really).

Anyways, I find it that the AI is more aggressive, but had just lost all common sense.. Absolutely all of it.
To me it looks like the AI had no idea you were there until after it hit you.
He gave it gas when he passed the apex and had no idea you were on the outside.

To me it looks like the AI had no idea you were there until after it hit you.
He gave it gas when he passed the apex and had no idea you were on the outside.
They do have tv screens on each side... Same thing Audi uses on its R18.

Anyways, there needs to be a rule book for the AI and us to follow, so we can actually legitimize the penalties we get. Because I have no idea what a penalty is issued for, and the conditions that apply..

The AI bumps and pushes you all the time, they have since as far back in the series as I can remember. It actually got a little bit better in GT5 as it used to be quite common for them to get along side you and simply plow you off the side of the road all the way down a long straight. That's become more rare but they still constantly ram you under braking and mid corner, and shove you off-line or off-track in corners. This happens even if you make every attempt to avoid contact, coming in clean and early with plenty of room, staying tight to your side of the road and even hanging a couple wheels off the inside of the track to give them racing room.

I don't think they do it to be intentionally dirty, I think they are just really stupid and manage to frequently forget that you are there right in front of them. Then again, the very slow and actually very dirty driving line they are intentionally taught to drive around almost every track might suggest that PD isn't above making them dirty and dangerous on purpose. If you do take their stupid line into account and give them room to turn in way too early for the corners and swing out too wide too early it can help but still doesn't eliminate the issue.

One thing that I find quite odd about it is that once they "forget" about you and decide to drive right into you, they almost never give up until they've forced past you or forced you to spin. They only seem to "remember" if you can shove back hard enough to make them make a correction and then they back off.

On those occasions when you can get side-by-side with them driving clean, they can actually be quite fun to duel with as they aren't that bad at adapting to a compromised line. Sometimes you can stay 2-abreast for several consecutive corners before you make a mistake or they chicken out. You do have to be wary of getting out of control however, as they often won't be smart enough to give a little extra room if they see your rear corner sliding towards their front corner and you'll spin.

While they do drive slightly more aggressively overall in the later stages, I think they only seem to be dirtier since the higher-end cars are much less resistant to the little nudges you can correct and drive away from in slower, heavier cars. Most players also probably wobble around away from a perfectly smooth line a little bit more in the faster and/or twitchier cars which compounds the issue.

Back