Sorry for the noob question, but... What does this mean?

• Thread starter xchristox
  • 6 comments
xchristox
F********** XBOX! :)
Hi lads,

Long time lurker here in the old days of GT1, 2, 3 and 4 with controller. Been away quite a while. So after nearly 7 years I bought a GT game again in december last year, with g29 steering wheel this time and i'm pretty decent but not pro.

So I did FIA nations league today and after my 3rd race it said i was the fastest driver of my country, the Netherlands.

Although I'm honored, this can't be true?? A whole bunch of players did better then me, received more points. And I know that some of them have better pace than me.

So I'm really curious, what does it really mean? Is it the fastest lap in race? Total time time of race after 14 laps? Or qualify time?

This is all very new to me and I was hoping you guys could tell me how it is calculated.

See screenshot.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20210306_211237.jpg
    IMG_20210306_211237.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 65
It means that, in the lobby you were in, you were the fastest driver from the Netherlands. Of course you may also have been the only driver from the Netherlands in that lobby...

That is even more confusing. That can't be it right? Because I am very often the only Dutch driver in the lobby and I have not seen this message before. The two previous FIA races today I was also the only Dutch driver, also on podium, didn't see it then.

Thank you for the quick reply though.

Last edited:
That is even more confusing. That can't be it right? Because I am very often the only Dutch driver in the lobby and I have not seen this message before. The two previous FIA races today I was also the only Dutch driver, also on podium, didn't see it then.

I think there's a priority list on the various messages you can receive at the results screen. From past experience the "Fastest driver for X" message seems to be quite low in the list and will sometimes get left out even when you've met the requirement for it since it can only display two things.

For example, I was the fastest British driver in my race yesterday but this is what I got:
Example.PNG

I think there's a priority list on the various messages you can receive at the results screen. From past experience the "Fastest driver for X" message seems to be quite low in the list and will sometimes get left out even when you've met the requirement for it since it can only display two things.
Yep, it gives encouraging messages in order of how good they are. If it runs out of positives you get "yOu TrIeD"*.

*Not really

Yep, it gives encouraging messages in order of how good they are. If it runs out of positives you get "yOu TrIeD"*.

*Not really

Do the random uppercase letters in "you tried" mean anything?? I'm definitely a noob and I see people use uppercase letters randomly in words and was wondering if maybe they just have an intermittent shift key or am I missing something that the rest of the world knows?

Do the random uppercase letters in "you tried" mean anything?? I'm definitely a noob and I see people use uppercase letters randomly in words and was wondering if maybe they just have an intermittent shift key or am I missing something that the rest of the world knows?
It's basically sarcasm. More accurately, the original* version is more like mockery, usually repeating someone's words back to them - most often found with a picture of Spongebob Squarepants acting like a chicken.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/mocking-spongebob

*At least in this format; most stuff on the internet has been on it already, and since this apparently popped up in 2017, it's probably far from the first time aNyOnE hAs TyPeD lIkE tHiS.

Last edited:
Back