UNFINISHED EDITS - leeislee

• Thread starter leeislee
  • 385 comments
Yay! Finally. ;)

And it doesn't dissapoint at all. As mentioned already the mood and atmosphere is great, that bright sun filled mist adds so much feel and presence to the shot. Plus all the usual little details that is always in your work. The soft grass looks awesome too. And a solid composition to boot. Just a very nice piece. 👍 👍

There you go, was wondering when you'd come along!
Splendid; Lovely atmosphere, especially the whole mist thing you've got going on, along with the subtle sparkle on the grass and oh yes, light, sweet sweet light!
Great work:)
Wow, superb ! Love the mood of this pic, the edit work is really impressive, love the amounbt of details like the smooth sparkling on the grass. Bravo !
GPR
Yay! Finally. ;)

And it doesn't dissapoint at all. As mentioned already the mood and atmosphere is great, that bright sun filled mist adds so much feel and presence to the shot. Plus all the usual little details that is always in your work. The soft grass looks awesome too. And a solid composition to boot. Just a very nice piece. 👍 👍
you never disappoint lee
Thank you all so much. I really appreciate all the kind words 👍

The Elusive Light & Sound

This picture started out as my usual terrible effort. A red Mercedes Vision GT speeding through the tunnel at SSRX.

Then, it struck me just how terrible the idea was so, i went a little mad, erased the car, drew a few lines and what you see above is the result...Yes, it's still crap!

For anyone who want's to create a long exposure effect on your pictures, it's really quite easy. Some Zoom Blur, some slightly wavy lines, some blured, some not and have a play with their various blend modes...it's piss easy!

Aaaaanyway, here is the original shot i started with, as you can see...it was going to end up looking just awful!

0h2z.jpg

Thanks for looking (and laughing!)

👍

Last edited:
Ain't nothing wrong with that. I really like it myself. Great colours and blend of streaks. It's simple but a good simple.

I feel quite often tunnel shots at SSR7 can look pretty average from stock, so it's not surprising you diteched the initial idea. Sure it isn't a autmotive piece per se but an abstract art piece that looks pretty cool. 👍

Once again you've sold yourself short, it is far from crap. Well to me anyway. ;)

@GPR, thanks mate. Yeah, its nothing to do with cars but once I started it I knew I'll do another one with a car in.

I was surprised just how easy it was, it would look even better with more jaggedy, bumpy light streaks but I love my smooth light.

Anyway, thanks again George, you rock my world!

No worries mate, credit where credit's due. 👍

Actually I find it quite inspiring, it's giving me ideas. Hmm, I might have to try something soon. 💡

I absolutely love the minimalistic outcome of this edit Lee!:drool:👍 It's a beautiful display of colours and light glows. I might have to give the long exposure effect a go after seeing this.

You're all far far too kind to me! I'm glad i've set the imagination going. i can't wait to see what you all come up with. 👍

A little tip about creating those lines, Don't forget about perspective. The way to do a realistic looking line is to draw it straight from side to side of the picture, then using the transform tool to squash one end of it so it's thinner.

Then you can move it around to where you need it making sure that the thin end of the line is nearer to the vanishing point...simples!

Or if you have a graphic tablet just have a play with the pen pressure to adjust the size (that's what i did)

Last edited:
The 'Elusive Sight & Sound' is just...Deep. I stare at it and it just makes me think. Just think about everything & nothing at all. Hand crafted art for car aficionados.

Your gallery ('Vette in a frame is genius), is grown man stuff. Intellectually stimulating, engaging, and ultimately they take me away to another world.:)

And I always wonder...'How?'

My Brother Lee...MoMo loves your work.:bowdown:

Your shot looks like a ride, that would be great if it went on forever. 👍

Last edited:
Very nice edit mate!👍 I agree with George. It's simplistic but it's also interesting to look at. I am intrigued to see what the original looks like.

That is an epic set of images my friend. I always enjoy your work, really enjoyed this presentation.
GPR
Soulful Terrain, so simple but really elegant and smooth. I like it. Sometimes I like minimalism and when done right it's great. Nice mate. 👍
Very nice edit mate!👍 I agree with George. It's simplistic but it's also interesting to look at. I am intrigued to see what the original looks like.
One of the best minimalistic picture I've ever seen from GT. EPIC! :bowdown:
Damn, thanks for all the kind words. I appreciate it!

Here is the original...

9thi.jpg

Cloudburst

HOLY BALLBAGS BATMAN!

Two pictures from me in two days? Like you i have no idea why i'm all of a sudden the worlds most active photomoder but don't worry, it won't last!

Sadly for you the improved frequency of my photomode posts will leave you just as disappointed as ever as i share yet more dreadful work for you to overlook.

Well, this picture was going to be yet another minimalist shot, i do like my minimilism but for some reason i ended up experimenting with various layers of blur using different techniques.

It's a rather dreamy looking picture featuring Ayrton Senna driving a Red Bull x2014 at SSRX.

Many of you will also know i love my dreamy and rather worrying approach to my pictures so this hopefully will fit in with my GT6 gallery. You may also have noticed that this gallery has started out trying to keep away from the whole "GT Photomode" type pictures.

Now that's not to say i don't love that look, a visit to my old GT5 gallery will prove just how much i loved taking pictures of cars but having seen the work that is shared on GTP since GT6 came out i just couldn't reach the level that you lot are at...but i'll add more conventional car shots soon.

Phew....Anyway...Thanks for looking (and laughing!)

👍

Last edited:
That Senna shot is amazing Lee :drool: And I'm pretty sure you would reach the quality level in GTP pretty easily. I mean, it's not like you are one of the best around or anything :rolleyes::lol:. Fantastic job once again Lee! :bowdown:👍👍

GPR
Soulful Terrain, so simple but really elegant and smooth. I like it. Sometimes I like minimalism and when done right it's great. Nice mate. 👍
Can't say it better 👍

"Cloudburst" is really beautiful Lee. The framing is perfect and the edit work give the pic a very artistic feel. I really love this pic ! Bravo.

That Senna shot is amazing Lee :drool: And I'm pretty sure you would reach the quality level in GTP pretty easily. I mean, it's not like you are one of the best around or anything :rolleyes::lol:. Fantastic job once again Lee! :bowdown:👍👍
WOW!!! I think this will express my feeling about this picture very well. Great job once more! :bowdown:
Can't say it better 👍

"Cloudburst" is really beautiful Lee. The framing is perfect and the edit work give the pic a very artistic feel. I really love this pic ! Bravo.

Thanks everyone. glad you like it. 👍

Ha, for once I'm quoting Jeremy. I completely agree, love the composiiton and the editing does give it an artsy feel. Quite textural in a subtle soft way. The added layers of elements are great and do give it that dreamy like quality you love to do. ;) Plus with the simplicity of the black car it really makes the driver the strong focal point. Great downward angle too. 👍

As usual something different, beautiful, thought provoking and inspiring. 👍

It's also nice to see you posting works more often. :) 👍

(I need to find a way to up my game me thinks.)

Back