Sound Balancing

• Thread starter TRLWNC7396
  • 7 comments
United States
WNC
TRLWNC
I am seeing some changes in the sounds, and there are those who enjoy it.

I don't. I keep the volume low all the time because it isn't pleasant to me to have things overpowering everyone in the room/house.

If the exhaust notes are going to increase in volume, can we get a separate control so those of us who want to keep our hearing can enjoy the OTHER sounds in the game?

Thanks.

The sounds are very poorly mixed (balanced) throughout the game in general. For instance, the dump valve on some cars is ridiculously loud on hood view, but too quiet on other views like normal view & drivers eye view. Not only are some of the sound samples bad in themselves (transmission whine), but they're also poorly mixed.

Just give us an Advanced Options menu, hidden away somewhere for hardcore players to fiddle with, & let us adjust the sounds to suit our own tastes & equipment.

All problems solved.

👍

VBR
The sounds are very poorly mixed (balanced) throughout the game in general. For instance, the dump valve on some cars is ridiculously loud on hood view, but too quiet on other views like normal view & drivers eye view. Not only are some of the sound samples bad in themselves (transmission whine), but they're also poorly mixed.

Just give us an Advanced Options menu, hidden away somewhere for hardcore players to fiddle with, & let us adjust the sounds to suit our own tastes & equipment.

All problems solved.

👍

Take this further and make the whole game like this!

You can install or uninstall as you please, so those who only race a spec can uninstall it after they've finished. Don't want course creator, uninstall it.. etc etc

Not sure it that would be physically possible, but it'd be awesome to personalise your games..

:D

Even better, only buy the parts of the game you want.. that'd be epic 👍

You can install or uninstall as you please, so those who only race a spec can uninstall it after they've finished. Don't want course creator, uninstall it.. etc etc

Not sure it that would be physically possible, but it'd be awesome to personalise your games..

Might not be so hard, many game designers design things in a modular fashion. That way you can tinker with say the sound module & it has a minimal knock on effect on the rest of the program because the code is not scatered through it.
No way this crowd would do it though you cant even delete the videos it insists on giving you with VGT cars.

Get a headset, better quality sound, more immersive, as loud as you want, without disturbing people.

The sound mixing has improved, but it still has much room for further improvement.

Edit: May I suggest the MDR-V55 by Sony, excellent quality, surpassing the performance of the likes of dr dre's "beats" and other expensive headphones for a much lower price.

When buying such things you have to be smart, not just blindly purchasing the ones that "look nice" or those that your friends have etc.

Might not be so hard, many game designers design things in a modular fashion. That way you can tinker with say the sound module & it has a minimal knock on effect on the rest of the program because the code is not scatered through it.
No way this crowd would do it though you cant even delete the videos it insists on giving you with VGT cars.

And GT6 (and I'm VERY sure 7) was touted as having been built "modularly", so that could be an option for later! :)

Get a headset, better quality sound, more immersive, as loud as you want, without disturbing people.

The sound mixing has improved, but it still has much room for further improvement.

Edit: May I suggest the MDR-V55 by Sony, excellent quality, surpassing the performance of the likes of dr dre's "beats" and other expensive headphones for a much lower price.

When buying such things you have to be smart, not just blindly purchasing the ones that "look nice" or those that your friends have etc.
I have a pair of the MDR-7506, and they're definitely good value, if not exactly cheap cheap. Not all that stylish, either, mind you...
There is / was a V series adaptation of them, too, which looked a bit nicer, although I forget which it was.

A semi decent set of cans from any brand that engineers its own (as opposed to those that just assemble OEM parts) makes a huge difference to the effective dynamic range you get to hear (at lower SPL for your ears due to isolation from outside noise, and much much lower "pollution" level for anyone around you), and so you can hear more of the mix despite volume differences.

I agree that fashion headphones should generally be avoided if clarity is important to you.

I also agree that people should be allowed to break the mixing in the game in a way that suits them.

Back