spa Lag

I get major fps drops on Spa, Nurburgring, and Daytona when it has a full 20 car grid. On PS4. I don't bother with these races anymore. However the new Spa Sunday Cup 2 laps with only 8 cars has no FPS drops. I also noticed the crowds were't there on that race so I guess the crowds cause a lot of fps drops.

Was commented many times. Spa in PS4 have terrible performance, even unplayable in certain areas

Me too have lag on PS4, especially in 3-4 corners after kemmel straight

Ps4 user. Spa is fine on time trial and open lobbies with 5-6 players. Not so fine with AI tho.
I get major fps drops on Spa, Nurburgring, and Daytona when it has a full 20 car grid. On PS4. I don't bother with these races anymore. However the new Spa Sunday Cup 2 laps with only 8 cars has no FPS drops. I also noticed the crowds were't there on that race so I guess the crowds cause a lot of fps drops.

It's terrible on PS4 with full grid AI, at least. Don't know online with full, who it handles.
With smaller grids it was ok but with bigger grids it doesn't cope well.
The worst part seems those corners (Les Combes and Brussels) after Kemmel straight. Before this update, sometimes I noticed also a glitch with the astroturf right after the kerbs in this corners, as it where not rendered correctly, instead looked like a mirror surface, reflecting the sky and the cars, instead. This wasn't something frequent but happened a couple of times before one of the last updates.
Since they introduced the GT pitlane, the stutter and lag became worse, which is to bad as the 1h race is amazing, apart from this issues which turn it almost unplayable.
Also experienced issues with Daytona, at less extent. Nurburgring not so much, for my surprise, being by far, the longest track on the game.
As for the crowds, he should have the option to sacrifice those kind of details (crowds, trees...) for performance, at least on PS4 hardware. Don't care of the crowd is realistic or not if that is hurting my playability.

Haven't noticed any stuttering on ps5. This is performance mode, not graphics/quality mode or whatever its called.

BTW handy tip. On PS4, If you normally use the bumper camera like me which has virtual rear mirror, you can gain a few FPS by switching to the roof cam, helped a lot doing the 1hr race in the dark, rain, and 20 car grid. Wish they had an option to turn off the mirror.

I've seen it twice, once for several seconds as I approached the final chicane, and once for just a couple of jitters going towards Pouhon. PS4. I don't recall how many other cars were visible, but it seems like several that first time, but I was by myself the second time.

B80
Haven't noticed any stuttering on ps5. This is performance mode, not graphics/quality mode or whatever its called.
Performance or ray tracing option doesnt matter in races its only on replays i beleive.Its supposed to be 60fps in race whichever one you choose.

Last edited:
Back