RedSuinit

MR2 = Addiction
Premium
RedSuinit
I want to do a Spec DTM racing series.

One of two cars can be used:

Audi A4 Touring Car
Mercedes Benz C-Class Touring Car

It would be awesome if they had others, but these two are neck and neck on every track, perfect for a spec series race with more than one vehicle. It will be team based, and teams will have to use the same cars, and liveries. They will have to be identical, (minus numbering) so that the teams can be easily identified.

In Game:

Rules:

Lobby Type: Private
Game Type: Circuit Race
Environment: TBD
Track: TBD
Track Conditions: TBD
Max Players: TBD (We will hold test runs based on the number of interested races in order to see how many we can handle)
Max AI Players: 0
Laps: Depends on course length, total race length will be about 30 miles, and include one mandatory pit stop. So it will vary depending on the course. Plan for 20 - 40 minute races.
Car Class: R2
Drive Type: Any
Damage Difficulty: Simulation
Collision Mode: Always On

Advanced Rules:

Scoring Type: Time Based
Bigger is Better: No
Compare Best Lap Scores: No
End Condition: Numlaps
Laps: See Above
Grid Ordering: Random
Per-Car Roll Off Delay: 0 S
Number of Player Buckets: 1
Tag Enabled: No
Number of Heats: 2
Number of Teams: TBD (The number and size of the teams will be determined after the maximum room size has been established)
Team Scoring Type: Individual
Team 1 Roll Off Delay: 0 S
Team 2 Roll Off Delay: 0 S
Team 3 Roll Off Delay: 0 S
Team 4 Roll Off Delay: 0 S
End of Race Timer: 02:30

Overrides:

Force Team Colors: No
Force Stock Upgrades and Tuning: Yes
Force Off Suggested Line: Yes
Force Off STM: Yes
Force Off TCS: Yes
Easiest Braking Allowed: ABS Off
Easiest Steerign Allowed: Simulation
Easiest Shifting Allowed: Manual W/Clutch
Forced Camera Veiw: Cockpit
Disable Wrong Way Indicator: Yes

Car Restrictions:
Min Players: 4 (One Per Team)
Max Players: 8 (Two Per Team)
Allow Upgrades: No
Car Class: R2
Performance Index >= 833
Performance Index <= 834
Power >= Any
Power <= Any
Curb Weight >= Any
Curb Weight <= Any
Year >= Any
Year <= Any
Body Family: German Touring Car
Car Type: Race
Region: Europe
Make: Any
Model Family: Any
Model: Any
Drive Type: RWD
Engine Placement: Front
Engine Configuration: V
Cylinders: 8
Aspiration: Normally Aspirated
Power Handicap: 0%
Front Grip Handicap: 0%
Rear Grip Handicap: 0%

Outside of Game:

Points System:
1st: 10
2nd: 7
3rd: 5
4th: 4
5th: 3
6th: 2
7th: 1
8th: 0

Total Points:

Sum of Teams Points: Sum of both players points. The race will happen even if a team only has one member present. Therefore it will always be beneficial to have your partner present. So partners should be picked wisely.

Race Review, and Penalties:

Each race will be reviewed before points are awarded. There will be penalties, and sanctions given for racing fouls and course violations. The types of penalties will include:

(D) Disqualification: Loss of all points for the race, regardless of final position. New final positions will be adjusted based upon the actual final positions only it will be as if the disqualified player had not been on track. I.E. If the first place finisher is disqualified, then the second place finisher becomes the new first place, and so on.

(PR) Point Reductions: Loss of allotted points, with no adjustment to final position, or adjustment to others points or positions.

(BFS) Banishment From Series: For repeated disqualifications.

Race Fouls:

Intentional Brake Checking: Self explanatory.
Ramming/Punting: Again, self explanatory.
Knocking Loose: Intentional bumping for the purpose of loosening up the other player in order to pass. Once or twice will not warrant a foul, but repeated cases of this act will.

Course Violations:

Course Cutting: Repeated removal of all four tires from the course in order to decrease lap times, or gain advantageous exit speeds.
Pit Stop Violation: Any team that had even one member not perform the mandatory pit stop will suffer from immediate disqualification. No appeals will be heard on this matter. The pit stop will be mandatory in any and all cases.

Well what do you guys think? Any takers?

Force team colors on means we'll be running around with no liveries?

If those interested would rather share a team livery, that's fine too. But the cars will have to look the same.

If those interested would rather share a team livery, that's fine too. But the cars will have to look the same.

Now we're talking ;) lol
I'm kinda interested in this. I wanted to get in an ALMS series first before I do a DTM thing.
I notice you say 8 only. I think more than 8 can work. Only problem I've been seeing is if different countries are in the group then that could be a problem. In actuality that's not even a problem. It really boils down to people's connection frankly. The patch seems to help.

Now we're talking ;) lol
I'm kinda interested in this. I wanted to get in an ALMS series first before I do a DTM thing.
I notice you say 8 only. I think more than 8 can work. Only problem I've been seeing is if different countries are in the group then that could be a problem. In actuality that's not even a problem. It really boils down to people's connection frankly. The patch seems to help.

If we have enough interest, we could do a few trial runs to see how many we could handle. Then adjust Max players, and team sizes accordingly. This would result in more than two person teams, so the number of teams and team sizes would both be subject to change. But those DTM cars are just way too much fun to drive, lol.

Since the real DTM series has mandatory pitting will we have it also?

We would have to lengthen the races for that. We could wait until we have enough interest and leave it to a poll?

Well, the original DTM was only 100km which is about 62 miles. Maybe we could boost the total race length to 30 miles with one mandatory pit stop?

We would have to lengthen the races for that. We could wait until we have enough interest and leave it to a poll?

BOOOOOOOOOO
lol
30 minutes (on average) is plenty of time to throw in a mandatory pit. It's been "tested" and it works. I wouldn't steer you wrong ;)

BOOOOOOOOOO
lol
30 minutes (on average) is plenty of time to throw in a mandatory pit. It's been "tested" and it works. I wouldn't steer you wrong ;)

Re-read my post. I edited it before you posted. 👍

Re-read my post. I edited it before you posted. 👍

You politician you. Sounds good. I was thinking about doing this myself but I wanted to wait to see if we'd get the BMW DTM car in the game any time soon. Haven't heard a word about it yet though.

You politician you. Sounds good. I was thinking about doing this myself but I wanted to wait to see if we'd get the BMW DTM car in the game any time soon. Haven't heard a word about it yet though.

Yeah, I've been waiting for it too, but there hasn't been a single word about it, so... Off to edit the first post with changes.

I'm still on the fence. Sounds like fun but I have to make sure I have the time for it. I got a Nations Race/Forum War series on Saturdays (which you ALL owe Mark II Blit aka Aerotourer as he's the sole Forzaplanet racer defending this forum's honor) fashioned after the BTCC. On Wednesday and Monday we do loose racing over at wheelracers but a series is soon to be started.

Looks like we have a little bit of interest. I was hoping it would generate a little bit more than this, but we are still a very small community.

Looks like we have a little bit of interest. I was hoping it would generate a little bit more than this, but we are still a very small community.

Tell me about it, I have had a maximum of 6 in my series so far. When are you thinking of starting this up.

Have you not thought about including the astra V8 in this?

Just been running a few laps around silverstone in the astra, merc and audi
All three are very closely matched, the astra was slightly faster (in the low 1:44's) but the other two came within a few hundredths.

I'd love to be part of this but sadly i couldn't commit and don't want to let anyone down.

Have you not thought about including the astra V8 in this?

Just been running a few laps around silverstone in the astra, merc and audi
All three are very closely matched, the astra was slightly faster (in the low 1:44's) but the other two came within a few hundredths.

I'd love to be part of this but sadly i couldn't commit and don't want to let anyone down.

If this became a bi-weekly series would that make it easier for those interested to commit? Kind of like the BTCC?

I'm half-way distracted looking at this Bulls Heat game , lol, so forgive me if covered but what day do you plan to run this on?

Ok so it's open right now? Like others said before I'd hate to dedicate and not be able to commit fully. Maybe I could "field a team" sort of like what I'm doing loosely with the Nations Series I'm running on Saturday. Maybe you want to put the emphasis on the team win rather than the individual. That's how I'm doing it. That way you can have guys... well that wouldn't work very well since everyone is already here. I don't know man I'm just trying to throw some stuff out there for you. lol

Ok so it's open right now? Like others said before I'd hate to dedicate and not be able to commit fully. Maybe I could "field a team" sort of like what I'm doing loosely with the Nations Series I'm running on Saturday. Maybe you want to put the emphasis on the team win rather than the individual. That's how I'm doing it. That way you can have guys... well that wouldn't work very well since everyone is already here. I don't know man I'm just trying to throw some stuff out there for you. lol

Back-up drivers for the teams can be done too if that would help? Like four drivers to a two car team, that way if someone misses someone else can slide in.

Back-up drivers for the teams can be done too if that would help? Like four drivers to a two car team, that way if someone misses someone else can slide in.

See that's what I was getting at.
I think , right now, more people may be interested in the one-off races than committing to series. I'm pretty sure I can go to the guys I race with and say "Hey guys next Monday night a guy is doing some DTM action, lets join him in some fun" versus "Hey guys lets join this DTM series for the next X weeks". Maybe you should go that route just for now and see how the interest drums up.

See that's what I was getting at.
I think , right now, more people may be interested in the one-off races than committing to series. I'm pretty sure I can go to the guys I race with and say "Hey guys next Monday night a guy is doing some DTM action, lets join him in some fun" versus "Hey guys lets join this DTM series for the next X weeks". Maybe you should go that route just for now and see how the interest drums up.

Good idea. I'll do that.

Back