• Thread starter Oshawa-Joe
  • 54 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Canada
Hillsdale
Oshawa-Joe
44 laps of Spa in a SPEC F10

Just for fun. You don't have to be an expert to join, but please follow GTP OLR Rules and Guidelines.

The first corner will be likely be the most difficult and can result in accidents. I ask that everyone refrain from trying to make up spots at the start unless someone clearly makes a mistake and goes off track. Do not push your way to the front in the first corner, but instead fall behind the driver in front with the goal of getting everyone through the first lap on cold tires without incident. Take your time to pick your way through the field during the 44 laps and pit stops.

Date: Sept 1st, 2012
Time: 3:00pm eastern. Check your time here.

Ok, a quick update about the F10 race for Saturday. I will open an online lobby at 2:30 pm for practice and post the number in the thread. 15 minute Q starts at 3pm sharp.

SPEC F10 only. The room will be set "tuning prohibited". Make sure your F10 doesn't have the chassis reinforcement and that you have all tuning reset to default. Max hp is 726 fully broken in.

44 laps of Spa
No aids
ABS optional
Use any Tire you wish.
Fuel and Tire wear on.
Damage on light
Penalties on light
Slipstream set to weak
Track Edge grip set to Real.

Prizes:
1st Place - LVL 24 Ticket
2nd - LVL 23 Ticket
3rd - Shiny gold and silver chrome paints.

Any questions?

Please post your psn below if you will attend.

Last edited:
I'll be there. I'll be well off the pace, but I want to try.

Yes. I'll post the room number here.

Room open

1472 6399 8537 0922 9589

I'm gone but there are a few guys still practicing.

Last edited:
I knew I shoulda called in GT5, er, sick this morning. Oh well. If practice room isn't already open when I get home, will fire one up.

I should be in for this, since it will be purely about driver skill and I shouldn't need to worry about having a rubbish car.

Tested out the Racing Softs today and was able to get 20 laps out of them, but it was risky. Will definitely go with a 2 stop.

Immortalpilot ran a 1:43.3xx :bowdown:, while most of the guys were doing 1:50 to 1:55s

MonSpaNur
I´m in (just to remember you that, Joe)

That is good news.

I am actually having fun with the spec F10 as it is very easy to drive compared to a tuned F10. Somehow that just doesn't seem right. Tuned is faster, but more difficult.

Also, as of today I am switching to the cockpit view in the F10. I'm not as fast yet, but the experience is amazing!

How do you break this car in? I'm trying to B-spec it, but I get an error message that says "Ferrari F1 can only be used for one-make race events for the Ferrari F1". :confused:

You can run it in practice mode or online races. Doesn't take very long when you are going 200 mph.

zer05ive
How do you break this car in? I'm trying to B-spec it, but I get an error message that says "Ferrari F1 can only be used for one-make race events for the Ferrari F1". :confused:

Set up an online race at daytona or Indy for 80 laps. 'Bout an hour later car will be broke in. I will join you if you post a room.

Set up an online race at daytona or Indy for 80 laps. 'Bout an hour later car will be broke in. I will join you if you post a room.

I would like to join in as well, if you're doing this.

Break in/practice room up -

1472-6399-8494-1420-5004 closed.

After whomever jumps in this gets their car broke in I plan to swap this to spa for an hour or 2 of practice before my ORCA race tonight. If no one jumps in by 8 will change tracks at that time. If someone is there by then will just start an 80 lap race and go til that's done.

Spa loaded be practicin' there for about an hour. With 200 miles on the oil.

Last edited:
Fyi, the F10 drops power very quickly after break in unless you get the oil change done. 7 laps after break in I was at 701 hp lol.

Last edited:
Tested out the Racing Softs today and was able to get 20 laps out of them, but it was risky. Will definitely go with a 2 stop.

Immortalpilot ran a 1:43.3xx :bowdown:, while most of the guys were doing 1:50 to 1:55s

How does he do it?! I don't get it.

MSTER232

Brakes later, turns in quicker, accelerates sooner.

Sounds simple when you say it like that, don't it?

Fyi, the F10 drops power very quickly after break in unless you get the oil change done. 7 laps after break in I was at 701 hp lol.

Wow. 200 miles and power is down to 691.

May get oil change or engine rebuild and open a new room. Will see how bad times are first I reckon.

Ran a PB 1:51.4xx with the old oil. dabneyd dropped in right before that lap and the next one he laid down a 50. He straightened me out on Au Rouge (sp) and I think, with fresh car I can get to the 50s and maybe a little lower. I don't see where IP is managing that 43, but I'm new and slow so expect the super aliens to do that kinda stuff. Probably be doing some more practicing tomorrow morning if anyone is around and wants to join or vice versa.

Last edited:
I plan on attending, but there is a small chance I may be heading out to the rockies.

Looking forward to some close F1 racing :)

MSTER232

He is simply the best gt5.f1 driver and he draws on real world karting experience. If he had more money he would be getting into F1

For reference:
800px-Spa-Francorchamps_of_Belgium.svg.png

Sorry I couldn't join up earlier, but I can't get online once the kiddo gets home. Now that she's in bed, this'll be the only chance I have to break the car before the race. New room up if anyone cares to join:

1472-4711-0038-4892-0720

1:48.048 in a race with Zer0. I know I can hit 1:47.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back