special cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter metal248
  • 34 comments
  • 3,790 views
Messages
6
What's the point of the special cars? I spent 60,000 on a car just to find out it was 'special' (the 2002 Caterham Seven Fire Blade) and i couldn't race it :grumpy:

Does anyone have a list or something of all those special cars so that no one else would have to spend money on a useless car?
 
Just about anything that is not a race car but dosen't have a roof you can't race. I only know a few but here they are:

Chrysler Prowler
Nike 2022
Jay Leno tank Car
Toyota MTRC
Auto Union V16 Type C Streamline
Caterham Seven Fire Blade
Benz Patent Motor Wagen
Daimler Motor Carriage
Ford Model T?

Thats all I know, but I bet there are more.
 
PhatFat
Just about anything that is not a race car but dosen't have a roof you can't race. I only know a few but here they are:

Chrysler Prowler
Nike 2022
Jay Leno tank Car
Toyota MTRC
Auto Union V16 Type C Streamline
Caterham Seven Fire Blade
Benz Patent Motor Wagen
Daimler Motor Carriage
Ford Model T?

Thats all I know, but I bet there are more.
Wow! what a tease 👎
 
By the way the Auto Union Type C is only driveable on the Nurb. So I guess it's a "Super Special Car"
 
WTF! so I cant test its top speed on the Test course?!?!?!
 
Can you drive these special cars in the special conditions hall?

Where you can only have 2 cars?

C.
 
yeti
Can you drive these special cars in the special conditions hall?

Where you can only have 2 cars?

C.

No :( I've tried


WTF! so I cant test its top speed on the Test course?!?!?!

Nope, I'm pretty sure you can't
 
actually you can take it out on the test course.
it's pretty damn fast for a '37
 
Its a shame you can t use special cars in a race. I was hoping that you could play on a family cup and get other special cars of the same type racing against me.
 
its because of the open cockpit its like your driving 2-3 cars so the game cant mange the the car and the guy when your racing 5 other AI's, you can only race special cars in the arcade and your put agianst only one AI
 
I hate them cars. You can't sell them for money, and you can't race them either.
Whats the point of these cars...??

thats a negative point int GT4, I there isn't an answer
 
fruitcake
the Nurb has a long straight 2 ;)

la Sarthe`s strait is longer isnt it? and faster to reach :).. and imho more fun..dang that road is bumpy..
 
where can you get the jay leno car
did you now that car has 23000cc= 23 liter engine danmmmmmmmmm
 
appie17
where can you get the jay leno car
did you now that car has 23000cc= 23 liter engine danmmmmmmmmm
You have to win it by completing the second set of Missions IIRC. Oh and yeah, it has a 23 litre engine. The same exact engine you would find if you took apart a Patton tank.
m0j0NL
la Sarthe`s strait is longer isnt it? and faster to reach :).. and imho more fun..dang that road is bumpy..
True, the Musellane (sp?) straight is 4 miles long. But - you cannot race the AutoUnion at any other track but the Nurb apparently.
 
WRX racer 04
its because of the open cockpit its like your driving 2-3 cars so the game cant mange the the car and the guy when your racing 5 other AI's, you can only race special cars in the arcade and your put agianst only one AI

I don't buy that. In the suzuki concept race, I raced against 4 GSXR/4's. That's a total of 6 cars and 4 drivers viewable.
 
VTGT07
You have to win it by completing the second set of Missions IIRC. Oh and yeah, it has a 23 litre engine. The same exact engine you would find if you took apart a Patton tank.

True, the Musellane (sp?) straight is 4 miles long. But - you cannot race the AutoUnion at any other track but the Nurb apparently.
Isn't the Tank Car at 28 litres? Atleast it is in the PAL version. Oh, and it's spelled Mulsanne. :D And it sucks that you can't drive the AutoUnion, other than at the ring. Really, really sucks! :grumpy:
 
it could be worse, they could of said you can only drive it on the begginer course
 
You can take the C-Type anywhere you want, as long as its not in a regular GT Mode race or Rally (dirt/snow) circuit.
 
metal248
What's the point of the special cars? I spent 60,000 on a car just to find out it was 'special' (the 2002 Caterham Seven Fire Blade) and i couldn't race it :grumpy:

Does anyone have a list or something of all those special cars so that no one else would have to spend money on a useless car?

Exact same thing happened to me, It was so disappointing to find out that I couldn't rock people with my caterham.
 
m0j0NL
la Sarthe`s strait is longer isnt it? and faster to reach :).. and imho more fun..dang that road is bumpy..

if u can race it on there yes
 
d3p0
I don't buy that. In the suzuki concept race, I raced against 4 GSXR/4's. That's a total of 6 cars and 4 drivers viewable.

All you see of the drivers on the GSXR-4 is their head and hands, same as the Audi R8 and other open LeMans cars. With the others (except maybe the Auto Union) you see much more of the driver, torso, arms, legs on some. It's just too much for the processor to handle when combined with other cars...
 
imho in the next GT, PD needs to lay off the Concepts... those things piss me off... 9 times out of 10 they suck, 10 out of 10 you cant sell it because they are not worth anything..

Put more Skylines in! :D (hahaha)
 
m0j0NL
imho in the next GT, PD needs to lay off the Concepts... those things piss me off... 9 times out of 10 they suck, 10 out of 10 you cant sell it because they are not worth anything..

Put more Skylines in! :D (hahaha)

...unless you could race them against each other. Then they would be worth keeping. They end up just clogging up your garage!
 
whoever was talking about the tank cars stats its because its made with a tanks engine thus the name tankcar
 
f1king
WTF! so I cant test its top speed on the Test course?!?!?!

You CAN machine test the car, so you can take it on the Test Course
 
:drool: at Leno's tank car.... Rock.

Well vexed about the Caterham... They are such top cars..

A lot of Sevens here in the UK have weather protection gear so why couldn't they use that in game...

This particular 7 is a long term tester for Evo magazine.. (If anybody wants to know more, I'll hunt for the issue...)

And yes, I did spend 60k on it only to find you can't race with it.. :grumpy: but it rocks at the 'ring

much respect to the people who drive their 7's there for real...
 
Back