[Special Event] Showdown at Laguna Seca

• Thread starter Granadier
  • 59 comments
United States
New York
miAEw1594072077.jpg

Stage 3 of the 2020 FIA Nations series started off with a race combo at Laguna Seca which can only be described as an homage to a legendary battle between two top tier GT2 machines in 2009.

Unfortunately Polyphony Digital slightly missed the mark by using the Gr.4 offerings for that race along with a tire requirement that turned the race into a one-make Cayman sprint.

To make up for that, and because I absolutely love this constructor matchup, I'm hosting another one-off special event. It will be a proper race with Gr.3 machinery using a custom BoP (see “Car Regulations” section) to ensure the two cars are evenly matched. Fuel and tires will be enabled but are not intended to be an issue during the race. This will be a sprint with close hard racing greatly encouraged.

Event Timing:
July 12th (Sunday) 18:00EST (23:00 GMT)
Lobby will open at 17:30 EST
Qualifier will begin at 18:00 EST and last 10 minutes.
Race will begin at 18:15 EST and go until roughly 18:45 EST.

Total event duration should be around 45 minutes.
Sorry about the later timing for our European friends.

--------------------------------------------------

Track: Leguna Seca
Time: 18:00
20 laps
Gr.3 Corvette & Porsche
Custom BoP (See Car Regs)
RM tires
Qualifying: 10 minutes
Grid Order: Fastest First
Boost: Off
Slipstream Strength: Real
Visible Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: Light
Tire Wear: 1x (TBD)
Fuel Depletion: 2x (TBD)
Grip Reduction: Real
Race Finish Delay: 90 Seconds
Tuning: Prohibited
Ghost: Off
Penalties: Weak
Side Contact Penalty: Off
Assists: Counter-steering Assistance, ASM, and Auto-Drive prohibited.
Cars are limited to 8 of each (BoP):
  • Porsche 911 RSR (108/101)
  • Corvette C7.R (100/96)
No livery restrictions. As long as they are not obscene.
GRID START will be used to avoid issues with the start extending the event duration.

This is a quick turnaround event that's meant to be a fun and casual celebration of a superb moment in motorsports history.

GTP name -
PSN name -
Car choice - (see "Car Regulations")
Race number -

Last edited:
View attachment 938239
graphic design is my passion

Stage 3 of the FIA Nations series is starting off with a race combo at Laguna Seca which can only be described as an homage to a legendary battle between two top tier GT2 machines in 2009.

Unfortunately Polyphony Digital has slightly missed the mark by using the Gr.4 offerings for this race along with a tire requirement that will undoubtedly turn the race into a one-make Cayman sprint race.

To make up for that, and because I absolutely love this constructor matchup, I'm hosting another one-off special event. It will be a proper race with Gr.3 machinery using a custom BoP (TBD) to ensure the two cars are evenly matched. Fuel and tires will be enabled but are not intended to be an issue during the race. This will be a sprint.

Event Timing:

20 laps
Gr.3 Corvette & Porsche
RM tires
Cars are limited to 8 of each. BoP in parans:
  • Corvette C7.R (100/96)
GRID START will be used to avoid issues with the start extending the event duration.

This is a quick turnaround event that's meant to be a fun and casual celebration of a superb moment in motorsports history.

GTP name -
PSN name -
Race number -

GTP name - Qyn
PSN name - TPC_QYN73
Car choice - Porsche
Race number - #73

View attachment 938239

Stage 3 of the 2020 FIA Nations series started off with a race combo at Laguna Seca which can only be described as an homage to a legendary battle between two top tier GT2 machines in 2009.

Unfortunately Polyphony Digital slightly missed the mark by using the Gr.4 offerings for that race along with a tire requirement that turned the race into a one-make Cayman sprint.

To make up for that, and because I absolutely love this constructor matchup, I'm hosting another one-off special event. It will be a proper race with Gr.3 machinery using a custom BoP (see “Car Regulations” section) to ensure the two cars are evenly matched. Fuel and tires will be enabled but are not intended to be an issue during the race. This will be a sprint with close hard racing greatly encouraged.

Event Timing:

20 laps
Gr.3 Corvette & Porsche
RM tires
Cars are limited to 8 of each (BoP):
  • Corvette C7.R (100/96)

GTP name -
PSN name -
Race number -

Absolutely epic race!! ONE OF THE BEST BATTLES. Great choice and worthy of a celebratory special event. So badly would like to participate, but family plans are set during this time. Good luck to all those attending, and I hope to see a broadcasting of the replay.:cheers:

Only a couple more days till we race!! This looks to be a great one with an 11 entry mixed field of car choices so far. I'm going with this beautiful Sky liveried Corvette from PX7-Infinity for this one (pretend there's two 7's there).

IMG_0954.JPG

Hope to see some attempts at recreating the epic battle on Sunday!!

Absolutely epic race!! ONE OF THE BEST BATTLES. Great choice and worthy of a celebratory special event. So badly would like to participate, but family plans are set during this time. Good luck to all those attending, and I hope to see a broadcasting of the replay.:cheers:
Thanks!! I'll definitely have a broadcast up of the race and will post a link here in the thread beforehand.

The notification failed me but this sounds good, I'll put my name down with the same Porsche from the N24 race, if I find anything else on discover I might swap number.

GTP name - GOTMAXPOWER
PSN name - GOTMAXPOWER
Car choice - (see "Car Regulations") Porsche
Race number - #912
Massive change to my entry but I'll switch from a green/yellow #912 to a yellow/green #911 for the race.

Should still be good to go for this one. Sadly, I've not had time to practice, and generally don't get along with LS, so I'll apologise in advance for anyone who gets caught in my several thousand off track excursions.

Edit: Also tempted to run my own version of this event, at another circuit, with a few differences.
  • Much longer race time (90-120mins) at a different circuit.
  • Bigger difference in BoP. 'Vette will run as a power car. Porsche will run lighter, with less power, for a braking/handling advantage.

Should still be good to go for this one. Sadly, I've not had time to practice, and generally don't get along with LS, so I'll apologise in advance for anyone who gets caught in my several thousand off track excursions.

Edit: Also tempted to run my own version of this event, at another circuit, with a few differences.
  • Much longer race time (90-120mins) at a different circuit.
  • Bigger difference in BoP. 'Vette will run as a power car. Porsche will run lighter, with less power, for a braking/handling advantage.
Nordschleife? :sly:

Back