Special Playstation 5 Gran Turismo Edition Console

United States
United States
First I hope Sony reads this.
With the short supply of Playstion 5 consoles, its is a little silly to think of a Gran Turismo limited edition PS5 console at this time.
But GT7 is probably not going to be released until the fall, and by that time PS5 supply should be available in every Walmart.
I am only getting a PS5 to play one game, yup Gran Turismo 7!
So if I am waiting for a PS5 until GT7s release why not get a limited edition PS5/GT7 console.
Go back 4 years when PS4 was released in a limited edition GT sport console.
But the PS4/GT sport console never made it to the United States.
What happened there?
Does any one know why Sony snubbed the good old USA?
USA doesn't have enough GT players?
Why not bundle a new Thrust Master wheel and pedal system with it also (or not for everyone who already has a rig).
Let me know what you think.
ps4-bundle-2017-gran-turismo-sport-limited-edition-1400px-01.png

Same boat as you, Keith; only buy consoles for one game - GT.

My biggest hope as far as console design is concerned 'though is that I'll be able to buy one in black. White ain't gonna sit pretty in my dark corner with all the other "invisible" black hardware.

Of course, if a GT version of the PS5 is the only one that's black, I'll be all-in.

Last edited:
Update:

There are now options for aftermarket coloured panels and black is one of them, so I'll be sorted.

Yippee! 😃

Not wanting to dent hopes but I haven't seen anything on Sony saying that they will make 'limited' panels for the PS5.

Given the system has no desktop themes as such and has only ber'sen available in white since launch I do not see that changing any time soon unless they can do so with the 'lighter' model that's coming on market in 2022.

Me I am probably just gonna put some 'sticker's' on my console to make it more like a 'limited release' version.

At least you can now buy coloured panels so that should help with custom 'looks'.

Yeah, it doesn't matter if Sony makes any or not mate.

The 3rd-party ones will be fine; just snap the old ones off and on with the new. When selling you can revert if that's what the buyer wants.

Not if the game gives you years of serious fun.

I've done this since GT3 and have never felt short-changed.
I'm 1/2, 50-50 here, My PS3 was seldom used, technically didn't buy it for GT5, but GT5 and GT6 made it a worthwhile purchase, aside from that I didn't use it too much. PS4 Pro on the other hand I acquired for GTS, and that was a complete waste of money. So given both the price and availability of the PS5, coupled with how early into the cycle GT7 is launching, I am super glad I have 'some hope' of salvaging what I invested into the PS4 Pro, to play GT7.

That said it could be a poor experience on the PS4 and even the PS4 Pro, but I'm not certain of that, I'm feeling GT3 vibes here, they'll re-use the last gen's engine, spruce it up and add content so it should run fine on PS4/Pro and slightly better on PS5.

I hope once they do start making limited edition consoles they also sell the side plates and Dualsense separately as well.

Sony launched console covers which was expected from the adoption of the detachable cover design. I think this is where they're headed for this generation, at least until they release PS5 slim or pro. No limited edition. Just covers. If Sony start to sell Fanatec DD Pro ($700) & regular PS5 disc ($500) with a GT7 edition controller & GT7 25th anniversary edition ($90) & GT7 console cover ($55) bundle at full price ($1,345), it might be useful for GT players to get a PS5.

Latest Posts

Back