Special Stage Route X 'Oval' is 30km in Length!

• Thread starter JRayWRX
  • 630 comments
Thats only because its the same people over and over again making the negative comments even in threads that say compliment in them. Also it would be acceptable if they did not say the same thing over and over again. Its just a waste of space....we got it the first time.

Anyway back on topic I hope there is a weather system for this track too. That would be the icing on the cake

You sir, speak the truth.

I would have preferred the scenery of this track put on Test Course (the shorter one you guys know), rather than this colossus.

The old Test Course was not very useful for honest-to-goodness top speed testing. PD making this one so long is just their attempt to correct that problem.

The old Test Course was not very useful for honest-to-goodness top speed testing. PD making this one so long is just their attempt to correct that problem.
I agree. I remember driving it in GTPSP, (which was my first GT game) and I'd have to do 2 or 3 laps to legitimately max-out the car. With this one we'll probably be able to reach 100% top speed on the second straight.

I agree. I remember driving it in GTPSP, (which was my first GT game) and I'd have to do 2 or 3 laps to legitimately max-out the car. With this one we'll probably be able to reach 100% top speed on the second straight.

With 3K long banked corners "Plus" a 12K straight I will would think even a drafting top speed lap with a couple X1s would reach their redlines...

BWX
It'll be a good place to test out that ''GT5's Dirty Little Secret : Game Breaking Online Flaw'' problem. At least you could isolate the bug a little with a straightaway that long. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=237539

Could be......

snmkafilmuacuransxconce.png

snmkafilmu2012granturis.png

As long as they add a Complex String layout the Oval version could even be 100km, I couldn't care less. The point is if this "Complex String" exist or not because being charged for an Oval is not exactly amazing.

He he. Bet PD make it a rolling start lol.

Yeah and if they didn't include proper online drag racing, it wouldn't surprise me at all either. PD love to 'tease' it's customers with ''what could have been'' and 'what should have been'' scenarios.

Just wondering if the 1 mile drag times & acceleration figures will be a lot truer to reality? By that, I mean when I take many cars to Indy at the moment (without having the luxury of a test course), stop just behind the black & white start marker and accelerate from 0-60, some times are just....well, WTF times to be honest.

For example, the 147 GTA got to 60 in something like 5.2 seconds, when in reality it's 6.3.

I understand that it's not technically a 'standing start' because you can't rev the engine as it's already wanting to 'go' as it were.
Do you guys think they will fix this with standing starts in Route X? Hope so because the DB9's 0-60 is no way faster than an 8C Competizione in real life.

BWX
Yeah and if they didn't include proper online drag racing, it wouldn't surprise me at all either. PD love to 'tease' it's customers with ''what could have been'' and 'what should have been'' scenarios.
This man speaks the complete and utter truth.

I can foresee a slip stream X2 battle happening with fully wide tranny.

Who can hit 600kmp/h(380mph).

600km/h? Phht... Thats easy as pie. I would reckon something more near the 700 range... 520 was easy enough on SSR7 with all the kinks and AI... Surely a few people with the same idea of wide tranny, no aero and slipstreaming each other, 700km/h would seem very plausible indeed...

Nismo34
700km/h would seem very plausible indeed...

You're saying the X2010/11 can hit 434 mph? I find that hard to believe, but very intriguing.

CAM
You're saying the X2010/11 can hit 434 mph? I find that hard to believe, but very intriguing.

Surely its not out of the realms of possibility. We are about to be handed a 300km oval with a 12km straight... We alread have 1500hp monsters capable of nearly 500km/h under their own power. With slipstream, bump drafting and whatever else can be mustered up, surely 700km/h isnt too farfetched...

You can test top speed, and by the looks of it, you seem to be able to measure G-force, too.

I don't understand why we need to test G-force, we already have a meter on the bottom of the hud for this, what kind of testing of G-forces can we do? Doesn't it max out at 2 G's? You only turn the wheel twice on a oval.

While I do hate ovals with a passion, this one really does look great. Can't wait to take just about any car to that straight that doesn't have a roof, well, and lots of other cars too.

I don't understand why we need to test G-force, we already have a meter on the bottom of the hud for this, what kind of testing of G-forces can we do? Doesn't it max out at 2 G's? You only turn the wheel twice on a oval.
The meter maxes out at 2G, but the game-internal "measurement" probably goes higher than that.

And I would suppose that the G-force tests happen at another part of the track we haven't seen yet, probably a Gymkhana-like pad in the middle of the oval (speculation!!!).

Same here.

But as for track layout,
I think that maybe one half of the track would be a normal oval, but the other side may be some sort of long, technical track, I really hope so.

Maybe an updated version of the Complex String track :nervous:

The meter maxes out at 2G, but the game-internal "measurement" probably goes higher than that.

And I would suppose that the G-force tests happen at another part of the track we haven't seen yet, probably a Gymkhana-like pad in the middle of the oval (speculation!!!).

That sounds like the only explanation because measuring G-forces doesn't sound very fun on a oval. Lets hope there is a skid pad.

Maybe an updated version of the Complex String track :nervous:

This!

People are going a bit OTT with their wishful thinking again. The track has already been revealed on an official blog and it made no mention of a complex string or anything other than a huge oval. If there was a complex race track on the other side it would have been mentioned. It's a big oval (and possibly a small skidpan), that's it.

SimonK
People are going a bit OTT with their wishful thinking again. The track has already been revealed on an official blog and it made no mention of a complex string or anything other than a huge oval. If there was a complex race track on the other side it would have been mentioned. It's a big oval (and possibly a small skidpan), that's it.

Sounds good to me

Perhaps I guess its the same with everything we expect it a certain way we get our hopes up turns out we were wrong

Back