Special Stage Route X 'Oval' is 30km in Length!

• Thread starter JRayWRX
  • 630 comments
Is this even possible?!? My Murcielago SV beated my Aventador in everything expect Top speed (didnt even test) both fully tuned!

Is this even possible?!? My Murcielago SV beated my Aventador in everything expect Top speed (didnt even test) both fully tuned!

Hmmmm, now you've stroked my interest. Might be setup, but now I wanna test that (the only two cars that beat the Aventador in top speed were the Veyron and 2012 GT-R, and I've tested the 12 speed, lol)

Hmmmm, now you've stroked my interest. Might be setup, but now I wanna test that (the only two cars that beat the Aventador in top speed were the Veyron and 2012 GT-R, and I've tested the 12 speed, lol)

unclear on the last part of your statement.

You're saying the Speed 12 is not faster than the Aventador? I find that hard to believe.

unclear on the last part of your statement.

You're saying the Speed 12 is not faster than the Aventador? I find that hard to believe.

Its most likely the setup, but for some reason it didn't want to go faster, pretty sure I lowered the downforce, its got max hp, and I didn't hit the rev limiter. :indiff: And I know the car can hit 250, I was gonna go back and fix it in a practice run (so as to not waste test list space) but I got more into other cars, lol, I might have stretched the tranny out to much. After the Lambo SV, I'm gonna fix it. I'm actually ashamed that I somehow was able to mess it up :lol:

After trying route x online it proved its not for me and i won't buy it but i have to admit everything is really well modelled on this track and it looks great.

I wish PD had done the same with spa, i'm not sayin spa doesn't look good but the stands with the coca cola adverts in the run up to eau rouge look really low res and has ruined some very good photo oppurtunities.

Anyways back on topic the new track looks great and i hope PD keep up the great quality with future tracks.👍

Its most likely the setup, but for some reason it didn't want to go faster, pretty sure I lowered the downforce, its got max hp, and I didn't hit the rev limiter. :indiff: And I know the car can hit 250, I was gonna go back and fix it in a practice run (so as to not waste test list space) but I got more into other cars, lol, I might have stretched the tranny out to much. After the Lambo SV, I'm gonna fix it. I'm actually ashamed that I somehow was able to mess it up :lol:

HA! I fixed it! got up to 247, not bad, it used to not even want to go 240, had to stretch out 6th gar to where the top speed was 306, lol, I also removed the rear wing, that thing certainly didn't help me out.

Chad D.

Ive just changed the transmission a bit.

Again, how is the G-force test conducted?

The G-force is measured in the acceleration test and measures the G-force achieved at the initial start of the run. There is no lateral G-force test such as a skid pad, etc.

For a giggle, could someone upload a vid of two Xcars going at each other at top speed.
Be nice to see the collision and how GT deals with it.

Much appreciated if ya could.

For a giggle, could someone upload a vid of two Xcars going at each other at top speed.
Be nice to see the collision and how GT deals with it.

Much appreciated if ya could.

AS much as I'd like to say its amazing........it's not, while I haven't crashed two x1's at over 320 mph, I have done it with a friend on sarthe going about 280 or so when we hit, it wasn't really that amazing to be honest. :guilty:

I like the scenery, it reminds me of the movie Breaking Point with the 1970 Dodge Challenger going across the desert

The G-force is measured in the acceleration test and measures the G-force achieved at the initial start of the run. There is no lateral G-force test such as a skid pad, etc.
Now that is cool but for some reason the first thought was lateral G-force tests. Does it show your G's under breaking?

I honest-to-goodness got air in the 2J on the bridge yesterday in arcade mode.

It was hilarious.

Are you enjoying the new track? What are your thoughts on it?

It's well-designed for what it is (the bridge was a nice idea to break up the tedium), and the testing is a welcome addition to the game (even if it is let down by problems GT5 has suffered from since 1.0), but I can certainly see why people think it was rushed. It is rough in spots, which is a shame because the scenery is really pretty, at least at night.

As far as using it for the purposes of racing, I did a few yesterday (540pp, 600pp, and Unlimited with the Chappy) and they were all enjoyable enough, but I'm not sure how long the luster will actually last for it.

...the testing is a welcome addition to the game (even if it is let down by problems GT5 has suffered from since 1.0), but I can certainly see why people think it was rushed. It is rough in spots ...
Would you mind elaborating the bolded parts a little further?

-> Hmm...
specialstageroutex5.jpg

specialstageroutex6.jpg

specialstageroutex9.jpg
^ Whats that!? Another variation? :confused:

Yes I think this is another variation.
There's two "snails" style junctions with the current track with almost cartoonish bankings.

If you go on the big bay bridge, use photomode and look right, you can see the first junction from the other side of the track then a tunnel exit on a tall bridge witch join the track a few miles before the big bridge youre on. And between thoses two, something like another snail burried inside a huge concrete thing. A bit complex just for a scenery...
If they open it, it's gonna be wild!

But Monza is a real life track with an history. The Monza bankings are from the 1920' (and no way looks like the route X off track scenery). They are still here in real life so it's logical they are still here in the game (even if we saddly can't drive on it).
Here, we are in a complete fantasy track with some scenery. It's surprising they ad such "too much" bankings with possible junctions with the current track.
On others fantasy tracks the scenery is, most of the time, down to earth.
I think a "crazy" variation route X in the future may be something possible.

These random junctions remind me of the Alpine Course in SEGA Rally Revo, there were so many possible new tracks that could be created from it...but they never did. Then again, it didn't sell too well.

looks like it, and that banking looks like fun :drool:

Yes I think this is another variation.
There's two "snails" style junctions with the current track with almost cartoonish bankings.

If you go on the big bay bridge, use photomode and look right, you can see the first junction from the other side of the track then a tunnel exit on a tall bridge witch join the track a few miles before the big bridge youre on. And between thoses two, something like another snail burried inside a huge concrete thing. A bit complex just for a scenery...
If they open it, it's gonna be wild!
^ Sure it may look cartoonish but...with a HUGE but! The layout is inspired from the Daimler-Benz test track.

specialstageroutex5.jpg

Mercedes-Benz-AMG-SLS-Roadster.jpg

5070411.001.1M.jpg

setra-s-411-hd-as-a-visitor-bus-at-the-daimler-ag-test-track.jpg

specialstageroutex6.jpg

833246_1540902_4088_6144_833088_1540609_4088_6144_11C435_69.jpg

^ And alas! There is another oval, but this time its inspired from JARI Test Track, does it mean that Test Course '90s would make a comeback?

specialstageroutex9.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

15505-gran-turismo-2-playstation-screenshot-she-ll-make-point-five.jpg

map.gif

-> If anyone notice, SSRX also has a small municipal airport right between the odd-ball tower and the wind farm. ;)

The Vanishing Boy I salute you.
I think we will se Gymkhana course in future in ship yard. Running between those containers would be fun :)

I pinned Kaz about the Lane 3 G-test Track yesterday...there is TOO much there for it not to be "unlocked" at some point I just took some pic's from the bridge zoomed right in and over and it all definitely lines up and joins, most curious

^ And alas! There is another oval, but this time its inspired from JARI Test Track, does it mean that Test Course '90s would make a comeback?
No. If you check the track yourself (you don't need to purchase the DLC to drive it online, at least until next patch), you'll see that what you're referring about is not another oval, but it's potentially more interesting.

haha Dunno if I'd call this particular Lane 3 -G-Test course as leisure driving with the 270 turn out of the pits and over the bridge to a possible 360 loop that is near vertical onto a 70ish degree 180 bend that almost instantly flicks back around another 270 odd and onto the main track... I WANT IT!

:crazy:

No. If you check the track yourself (you don't need to purchase the DLC to drive it online, at least until next patch), you'll see that what you're referring about is not another oval, but it's potentially more interesting.

YES!

Last edited:
Back