Special Stage Route X 'Oval' is 30km in Length!

• Thread starter JRayWRX
  • 630 comments
True, we could be over our heads and expecting too much. However, there is nothing confirming that R-X is just an oval.

In fact, the "official" posts have been very vague about this upcoming update and dlc. There has been no official change log, we still haven't seen pictures of half the DLC cars and Route X has only been called Route X and all that has been said is it's a place to test your car. The only video of the track we have seen is the 12km straight.

Like I said, Space Empire said the Route X OVAL will be 30km. If it Route X was just an oval, why would he bother calling it Route X oval instead of just Route X?

do you have your confirmation now :D?

May I direct your attention to the following. Was browsing the GT Site when I stumbled across this... : (Take special note of the red underlined bits)
RouteX.jpg

What is supposed to be special about that? We already knew it was an oval and we've seen it at night so kinda likely it would be time change.

Nismo34
May I direct your attention to the following. Was browsing the GT Site when I stumbled across this... : (Take special not of the red underlined bits)

Not sure what your trying to tell us we know its a oval the layout is already released

Not sure what your trying to tell us we know its a oval the layout is already released

More the actually confirmed time change bit.

Yes, I know we've seen it at night, but we've also seen TGTT in the rain... Does it mean we have TGTT Change weather? I was just bringing this to our attention that it is most certainly confirmed. No more presuming about the time change.

Yes, I know we've seen it at night, but we've also seen TGTT in the rain... Does it mean we have TGTT Change weather?

Where? I've never seen it in the rain. (I've seen it wet in license tests if that's what you mean)

Ok I won't point out the obvious about the "Complex String". I can't say I'm disappointed I was kind of expecting it.

Maybe we can ask for an official form of Drag Racing using this track, it's perfectly possible here, they could do it with a patch.

ZZ-II
the height difference ist just on one straight as it seems.

in the video with the X1 is no height difference, also in the curve you see in the NSX video.

That's different but as long as I have one 10 km straight I think I get a good top speed.:)

Ok I won't point out the obvious about the "Complex String". I can't say I'm disappointed I was kind of expecting it.

Maybe we can ask for an official form of Drag Racing using this track, it's perfectly possible here, they could do it with a patch.

Sounds simple doesn't? Maybe we will see something like that in the GT5 XXL edition.

Last edited:
That's different but as long as I have one 10 km straight I think I get a good top speed.:)

yeh :). one straight for topseed is enough :).

i really like all the elements on the track which make it really interesting.

the beautiful location, the height difference, the narrow tunnel, a wider tunnel, rotating wind-mills, day/night option etc...

maybe this will be my favourite track in the future :D

If your talking about nascars while drafting going around daytona, that might be the cause (the darfting in gt5 is extremely overpowered). Also, you seem to be the only person with this problem, I've never seen anyone else with this problem, so, no, I would not figure it to be common knowledge.

Going around Indy oval with an Audi R10 TDI Le Mans '06 fully upgraded for example.

Downforce adjustment has very little affect on your top speed at the end of the straightaway. I was doing the Indy 500 endurance last week and wing adjustment made little difference. In real life, your top speed would be a lot higher if you took out half the downforce on each end of the car, regardless of how it affected corner speed. In GT5, higher downforce gives highest top speed at and of straightaway... it is wrong. I'm talking same tire wear, no draft, same fuel load.. it's wrong.

I guess we'll see what happens on a huge straightaway now.

BWX
Going around Indy oval with an Audi R10 TDI Le Mans '06 fully upgraded for example.

Downforce adjustment has very little affect on your top speed at the end of the straightaway. I was doing the Indy 500 endurance last week and wing adjustment made little difference. In real life, your top speed would be a lot higher if you took out half the downforce on each end of the car, regardless of how it affected corner speed. In GT5, higher downforce gives highest top speed at and of straightaway... it is wrong. I'm talking same tire wear, no draft, same fuel load.. it's wrong.

I guess we'll see what happens on a huge straightaway now.

If thats the only car you've had that problem with then I'd think it to be a car problem, because, like I've said, I don't have this problem, sarthe, daytona, indy, none, I don't have this problem.

Back