Specs for AC and sim racing in general?

• Thread starter iMatazzie
  • 4 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
Hey all,

Just getting back into PC sim racing, and looking to buy a new computer.

The specs I am looking at are:

1. Case: Coolermaster MasterBox E300L Silver
  2. CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G + Wraith Spire or AMD Ryzen 5 3600 + Wraith Spire
  3. GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 5700 Dual EVO OC 8GB
  4. SSD: Samsung 860 QVO 2.5in SATA SSD 1TB
  5. MOBO: ASUS Prime B550M-A
  6. PSU: Cooler Master MWE White 750W
  7. RAM: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 16GB 2600MHZ
Anything else I should consider, and or any other recommendations?

Cheers

What resolution and refresh rate are you aiming for, what country are you based in and what's your total budget? The 3600 is a great CPU, but I'd changed a few other things with your list.

What resolution and refresh rate are you aiming for, what country are you based in and what's your total budget? The 3600 is a great CPU, but I'd changed a few other things with your list.
I dont mind res too much, maybe 1920x1080 or 2560x1440, looking to spend around €1000-1300. Let me know what your recommendations are. Thanks in advance!

I dont mind res too much, maybe 1920x1080 or 2560x1440, looking to spend around €1000-1300. Let me know what your recommendations are. Thanks in advance!
Here's something I quickly whipped up, to give you an idea of what you can get (not including peripherals). Should be good for 1440P 144Hz(-ish). Might be worth waiting for the new AMD and NVIDIA cards to be revealed though, they should be announced soon.

Here's something I quickly whipped up, to give you an idea of what you can get (not including peripherals). Should be good for 1440P 144Hz(-ish). Might be worth waiting for the new AMD and NVIDIA cards to be revealed though, they should be announced soon.
That looks pretty damn good! I was just considering the new graphics cards, but if I weren't to get a next gen GPU that build looks like a solid option. Thank you very much for your generosity!

Back