Speed Channel Presents GT5

  • Thread starter Thread starter Solid Lifters
  • 32 comments
  • 3,902 views

Solid Lifters

In Memoriam
Messages
19,310
United States
Inland Empire SoCal
Messages
SOLID_LIFTERS
The Speed Channel (channel 607 on DirecTV) will air several of its shows on Thursday, 18 November from 5PM PT/8PM ET to 8PM PT/11PM ET with Gran Turismo commercials dedicated to showing off details of the new game.

Airs Thursday, 18th November 8PM - 11PM Eastern Time
Pinks All Out 8PM ET to 9PM ET
Dangerous Drives 9PM ET to 10PM ET
Battle of the Supercars (2 episodes) 10PM ET to 11PM ET
 
They should air on tomorrow's F1 race because those shows suck!
 
Can someone tape it? I dont have that channel
 
Jav
They should air on tomorrow's F1 race because those shows suck!
I like 'Battle of the Supercars.' :grumpy:

There was one where the Hennessey Viper 1000 had its brakes lock up under heavy breaking twice.
 
Can someone tape it? I dont have that channel

You'd be putting yourself at risk of accidentally watching Speed channel content. You don't want to do that, you'll get stupid.
 
Thanks for the heads up. 👍 DVR Set.
 
Jav
They should air on tomorrow's F1 race because those shows suck!

You'd be putting yourself at risk of accidentally watching Speed channel content. You don't want to do that, you'll get stupid.

I agree with you on the first two shows, but Battle of the Supercars is a decent show. I'm not too fond of 'supercars' nor Paul Tracy, but it's still a good show.

However, I've seen the two episodes that will air on Thursday. So, I just plan to record the shows and fast forward to watch only the commercials. How odd.

Thanks for the heads up. 👍 DVR Set.

You're welcome.
 
Jav
They should air on tomorrow's F1 race because those shows suck!

Currently watching the GP2 race now, patiently waiting for the F1 race! :drool:
 
I don't get this channel! I have Dish Network and they want a crap load of money that i'm not willing to pay to have Speed Channel. I have to get it in a package with a bunch of other channels that are completely useless.
 
If someone can record and share the interesting stuff, I'd appreciate a lot 👍. Anyway, thanks for the heads up.
 
Turns out they did air the advertisement on the F1 race (Go Vettel)
 
I agree with you on the first two shows, but Battle of the Supercars is a decent show. I'm not too fond of 'supercars' nor Paul Tracy, but it's still a good show.

However, I've seen the two episodes that will air on Thursday. So, I just plan to record the shows and fast forward to watch only the commercials. How odd.



You're welcome.

Battle is a good show however it has been all reruns for weeks, just like thursday will be. Hour of new pinks, which hasn't been really good since the first couple of seasons followed by old shows. And most likely, no new GT5 footage will be shown.
 
I agree with you on the first two shows, but Battle of the Supercars is a decent show. I'm not too fond of 'supercars' nor Paul Tracy, but it's still a good show.

However, I've seen the two episodes that will air on Thursday. So, I just plan to record the shows and fast forward to watch only the commercials. How odd.



You're welcome.

(offtopic)
Battle of the supercars is a good show IMO, but man, that Paul Tracy is an hell of an annoying guy. He's acting like a douchebag, throw this guy out and get someone else.
(offtopic)

I'll probably record it just to see, we won't get nothing new but it's always interesting to see info on GT5.
 
(offtopic)
Battle of the supercars is a good show IMO, but man, that Paul Tracy is an hell of an annoying guy. He's acting like a douchebag, throw this guy out and get someone else.
(offtopic)

I'll probably record it just to see, we won't get nothing new but it's always interesting to see info on GT5.

Are you kidding me, half the fun is Paul Tracy getting pissed off.
 
Is it me or I do not see any information about GT5?

All i see is the bottom of the screen saying GT5 from time to time.
 
At 8 there was a 10 second spot. Other than that all night the red bull rally car is it. Tonight is probably the most viewers that dangerous drives show has ever gotten though.


And Paul Tracy makes the show. He was one of the few drivers in CART that didnt black out when they were testing Texas motor speedway in 2000-01.
 
Last edited:
Most of what Speed puts out is trash... Except for races and Barrett Jackson, I can't really stand any show on the network. I do like Tanner Foust... Their Pre Race shows for F1 (F1 Debrief) and for the Camping World Truck Series (a buddy of mine is the producer) are pretty good though...

At 8 there was a 10 second spot. Other than that all night the red bull rally car is it. Tonight is probably the most viewers that dangerous drives show has ever gotten though.
 
I just saw the commerical, before i could realize what i was watching it was over.
 
ROFL, right at 11 PM, they put up a tiny commercial for a good 10~15 seconds. They fast forward it and told us the release date was November 24th.
 
ROFL, right at 11 PM, they put up a tiny commercial for a good 10~15 seconds. They fast forward it and told us the release date was November 24th.

in three hours thats all showed

:lol::lol::lol:

leave it to sony to do there best :rolleyes::lol:
 
Speed sucks. I like Motorweek and that's about it.

It's funny to me how History channel gets Top Gear when it seems obvious that Speed should...
 
I like 'Battle of the Supercars.' :grumpy:

There was one where the Hennessey Viper 1000 had its brakes lock up under heavy breaking twice.

I seen that one as well. I think that ABS systems wasn't able to gather all the info from the brakes do to they were upgraded. It happens about 25% of the time of some on brake upgrades.

One other thing, Don't hate On Paul Tracy because he's a cocky person and driver. There is nothing wrong with being cocky, grow a back bone man. If you not cocky and strong in life you'll stay the same in death.
 
Last edited:
You don't have to be cocky and arrogant to be strong in life though. It just makes him look like a prick.
 
You don't have to be cocky and arrogant to be strong in life though. It just makes him look like a prick.

You can always be cocky and strong with out being a prick. I agree with you on being arrogant but it's a show. You really going to take someone's demeanor of their actions on TV? How do you not know that's all for the camera? I don't see anyone saying anything about Tanner and the way he acts. Yes he's cocky too, so it like good cop bad cop right? ( RIGHT) It's not a reality show people it's a CAR SHOW. Get it car show....
 
It's funny to me how History channel gets Top Gear when it seems obvious that Speed should...

SPEED likely couldn't afford the show. Very high production values if it's going to imitate the real TG. Especially considering if it was on SPEED only a fraction of TV viewers would even know the show existed, much less watch it.

Either way, real car/racing fans in the US watch HDTheater ;) WRC, FIM GP, Mecum Auctions, Ultimate Build Off, Cafe Racer, Rides, Wheeler Dealers, Chasing Classic Cars, Off Road Championship, Twist The Throttle, etc. Discovery Networks > News Corp
 
Either way, real car/racing fans in the US watch HDTheater ;) WRC, FIM GP, Mecum Auctions, Ultimate Build Off, Cafe Racer, Rides, Wheeler Dealers, Chasing Classic Cars, Off Road Championship, Twist The Throttle, etc. Discovery Networks > News Corp

Talk for your self man, I get BBC America and I watch TOP GEAR every Monday. As well the other shows besides Ultimate Build Off.
 
Talk for your self man, I get BBC America and I watch TOP GEAR every Monday. As well the other shows besides Ultimate Build Off.

Same (in fact I've got a DVR dedicated solely to Top Gear :lol:), but overall I get more hours of automotive enjoyment out of HDT than BBCA. I've literally seen every episode of TG made since the 2002 format switch. Obsessive? Probably :p And most episodes on BBCA are still the butchered 43min + commercials variety.

Here's to series 16! :cheers: January 23, 2011!
 
Back