SPIKING PEDALS FIX: Clean your Logitech G25/G27 Pedal Pontentiometers

• Thread starter iNs3CuRe
  • 106 comments
I already posted this in here but surprisingly didn't get any responses... I have created a box that fixes these exact issues on the Fanatec pedals.

Would any of you be interested in using something like this if it were adapted for use with the G27 and G25 pedals/wheel? No more taking your pedals apart every few months.

You can read about it here: http://www.basherboards.com/PF1 There are videos on that page showing demos of it working.

I'm asking in order gauge interest, so if you are interested, please send me a PM. I don't want to take over the thread. I just saw it and thought you all might be interested. The adaptation would not be difficult.

Thanks

Last edited:
Would it be more attractive if I added a USB Connection to the box and 12 bit resolution? :)

Something to think about...

The CSR Elite pedals cannot use the box I posted about. However, they do use pots... As much as it pains me to say it, you'd be best to email Fanatec support about it. Maybe they'd just send you the new pedal instead of the whole darn set.

Best of luck.

I emailed fanatec and I inverted my pedals the old fashioned way (switch the plugs, springs and faces, then turn upside down) so I can still use two of them while I wait. thanks for the advice.

I've had problems with my G25 pedals for well over a year now. Cleaning the dust out or just slamming the pedals a few times were temporary fixes but recently my throttle and brake had been flickering and even more recently my throttle would not give a 100% reading... all of which are very annoying and distracting.

I finally had the time to do this earlier (the steps in the OP) and none of the above problems have occurred yet. The input readings are showing a much smoother application of the pedals as well, so thank you very much for your help. 👍

:cheers:

I've had problems with my G25 pedals for well over a year now. Cleaning the dust out or just slamming the pedals a few times were temporary fixes but recently my throttle and brake had been flickering and even more recently my throttle would not give a 100% reading... all of which are very annoying and distracting.

I finally had the time to do this earlier (the steps in the OP) and none of the above problems have occurred yet. The input readings are showing a much smoother application of the pedals as well, so thank you very much for your help. 👍

:cheers:

No problem, I'm glad I could help you ;)

Thanks ;) Next time I will do this, I will record video of me doing each step. Maybe then it will be good enough to get stickied ;)

Great tutorial man! I've run into a bit of a problem....my home made rig decided to die on me, so I decided to put the pedals back into the original black case, (I reverse mounted them on the rig). To my surprise, I don't remember where the hell I put the screws that go into the pedal assembly case. I saw that you put a few pics of them up but does anyone here know what size they are? I've tried looking around online but there isn't any documentation regarding the parts list :/ Thanks again!

-McCoy92

Great tutorial man! I've run into a bit of a problem....my home made rig decided to die on me, so I decided to put the pedals back into the original black case, (I reverse mounted them on the rig). To my surprise, I don't remember where the hell I put the screws that go into the pedal assembly case. I saw that you put a few pics of them up but does anyone here know what size they are? I've tried looking around online but there isn't any documentation regarding the parts list :/ Thanks again!

-McCoy92
Hey MCCoy, maybe if you would show this picture in some DIY store they would be able to find you the right screws? PICTURE. I don't know much about screw size's, can't really help you here. :guilty:

Last edited:
Also Mccoy, I'm not sure if that's any help, but I measured the screw length today and it's exactly 1.5cm. :D

Hey guys! Here's my Christmas present for y'all, a step by step video in HD
on how to clean your potentiometers. Hope this will make it a hell lot easier for everyone 👍

Merry Christmas and happy new year GTP! ;)

I've had several people now ask if I make something for the G25 and G27 pedals to fix this (like the one I make for the Fanatec pedals)

Therefor, I am going to make one in the very near future. Just something to keep in mind. It should at minimum GREATLY increase the amount of time between having to clean your pots.

Thank you for video and everything else 👍

Now my pedals are back in tip-top shape. I didn't dare to take whole potentiometar apart but I gave him a good blast of pressurised air, followed up with some contact spray.

Thanks again ;)

HELP!!!

I tried this and I'm stuck, I fail. I need help regarding putting the pontentiometer back in place because the video tutorial isn't clear in that specific moment and I keep building it the opposite way apparently because the black plastic bit with the gears is facing the wrong way when I build it. Also, where is the spring supposed to lock in to actuate the mechanism?

PLEASE PLEASE HELLP ME

EDIT: I just realized there was no mistake. I build them back together to try and all pots were registering perfectly in the Logitech Profiler. If a dumb-🤬 like me can do this, then everybody can! Great guide!

Last edited:
Hello All,

Fantastic information here. Does anyone know if/where NEW potentiometers can be purchased from?

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide, Cheers!

I'd advise against actually dissasembeling the pots unless you are familiar with electronics as you may make the issue worse but removing the Pot and flushing it with any quality Electronics solvent to clean out dirt etc yes and then a spray of Elecrtonics lube and your done. keep the dirt out of the Pedal base is the big thing.
Hello All,

Fantastic information here. Does anyone know if/where NEW potentiometers can be purchased from?

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide, Cheers!

Any Pot of a similar value will be fine from memory they are either 10 K or 50 K Ohm

My driving force pro accelerator was having issues and I followed the instructions in this thread to clean it potentiometer and is now working again. Thanks for this thread.

Suppose, someone just wonted to replace them all togethe0r ?... What would be the best, longest lasting, one to get ?... and where does someone get it ?...

Suppose, someone just wonted to replace them all togethe0r ?... What would be the best, longest lasting, one to get ?... and where does someone get it ?...

I'm asking myself the exact same thing. Besides the pots, the G27 seems rock solid so it would be nice to have a couple of them in stock!

They are hard to come by. They use the same pots for all 3 pedals, so maybe its time for a brake upgrade. That will give you an extra pot, provided the other 2 are working fine. I just recently had to replace my throttle pot and used the brake pot I had takin out a couple years ago. Now I can see if I can clean the old one with no down time and still have a spare if it works.

Ok... here's a question... I have 2- G27 Pedal sets, now is it possible to take a pot, from one of those sets, and put it into my accel pedal on my fanatec?... Or are they completely different...

Update... Ordered the PF1 Barebones filter last Fri., and already recived it today... FAST!... Anyway up to that point I was to my wits end with my 4mo. old pedals, with no help what so ever... A few weeks ago I sent out an email asking about the filter, and the response was within a hour... This took care of my problem 100%... Not gonna say it will take care of everyones problem, but as for me, I have full 100% throttle, with no jerkiness letting off... and no 10 - 20% throttle when my foot isn't even on the gas... Thanks very much for helping me out man... I was ready to order after I emailed you the first time, but then family came (understandable, as I work in the field of software and had 2 girls in the process)... I was about to do experimentation with my breadboard, then you came back, lol... You were recommened thru a friend, and now I'm gonna recommend you to anyone who uses these pedals to get one right away to avoid any headaches... Once again, thanks alot man...

Last edited:
Back