Spinning Arrows Club. Thursday night casual racing.Open 

• Thread starter tarkus1
  • 12,627 comments
I think we will see you in GT-Sports
I'm still hoping to be back soon, it just hasn't happened yet. I've logged in for just long enough to keep up with the Seasonal Events every few weeks.

Someone at work just started on GT5 last night so I helped him to get started. We're up to A-Spec level 11 pretty quickly.

Hey fellas. Not trying for any shameless self-promotion, but thought you might be interested.

I was invited to the GT Sport Beta and have been recording some videos and live streaming from time to time. If you have any questions I'll answer what I can. Otherwise you can check out what I've messed with on our YouTube page.

And keep me in the loop for anything upcoming. :cheers:

Who's there?

latest

are you hosting any series at the moment?

bet tarkus1 is lost in space somewhere between MARS and Jupiter... haven't heard from him since B.C.3745
Haha! Not much going on for GT6 anymore it seems. I've been without internet for about 2-3 months, but I was hosting the Grand Tour Series, just a casual series. Low PP, close racing. I'm actually planning at least one more race night if you're interested. It's advertised on here:-). I assume spinning arrows has run its course? It was a great bunch to race with

I'm finally close to playing more regularly again after 9-10 months of being on just enough to keep up with the Seasonal Events. I think it will be around 2 weeks until I get sorted out.

I also recently went through methodically to see if I had every car in the game. There were around 5 cars missing from the collection so I bought them.

I'm finally close to playing more regularly again after 9-10 months of being on just enough to keep up with the Seasonal Events. I think it will be around 2 weeks until I get sorted out.

I also recently went through methodically to see if I had every car in the game. There were around 5 cars missing from the collection so I bought them.
I was on a mission to do the same thing until I was without internet and quit playing for a few months. I have all the expensive cars, it's just a matter of getting a few more dollars and buying the rest. The seasonals are a great way of getting back into the game for me before I start trying to race real people again haha

I was on a mission to do the same thing until I was without internet and quit playing for a few months. I have all the expensive cars, it's just a matter of getting a few more dollars and buying the rest. The seasonals are a great way of getting back into the game for me before I start trying to race real people again haha
I've been living somewhere where I couldn't play much but I'll be moving this week. Then it's just a matter of sorting out an Internet provider.

Or he ended up in the middle of Laguna Seca again.
You're kind of close with stuck in the middle of Laguna Seca. At least that's how it feels sometimes.
So how's everyone doing these days???
I was just thinking about the old days racing with the guys on Thursday nights while drinking a few. They were fun times especially since, if my memory serves me correctly, I won pretty much every race.
Oh well, maybe one day soon we can try again if any of you actually have PS3's still hooked up.

You're kind of close with stuck in the middle of Laguna Seca. At least that's how it feels sometimes.
So how's everyone doing these days???
I was just thinking about the old days racing with the guys on Thursday nights while drinking a few. They were fun times especially since, if my memory serves me correctly, I won pretty much every race.
Oh well, maybe one day soon we can try again if any of you actually have PS3's still hooked up.
I moved 3 PS3's into a new flat today so once I find an Internet provider I'll be back on. I won't be able to do as many late nights (it's 1am here when SAC starts) as before because I used to be freelance when I did that & now I'm full time with one company. It means I don't have as much control over mornings off now but it's still not always office hours so I can have some late ones at certain times.

I moved 3 PS3's into a new flat today so once I find an Internet provider I'll be back on. I won't be able to do as many late nights (it's 1am here when SAC starts) as before because I used to be freelance when I did that & now I'm full time with one company. It means I don't have as much control over mornings off now but it's still not always office hours so I can have some late ones at certain times.
Well not necessarily talking about getting back up to speed full time but just a race here or there would be fun.

Well not necessarily talking about getting back up to speed full time but just a race here or there would be fun.
I realised there wasn't any regular Spinning Arrows on the cards. (For now. Who knows what will happen if we all start playing GTSport?)

It's exciting to know that when there is a night on GT6 every now & then, that I now have a chance of being part of the reunion.
:cheers:

Hopefully we can get some of the old team to chime in and see what their thoughts are on availability, etc.
Hello @tarkus1! I hope I didn't sound like I was trying to hijack your thread. But I do race with a small group of clean racers- I was just offering to bring them to your club for a night of fun racing . I have nothing but good memories of racing with spinning arrows

Hello @tarkus1! I hope I didn't sound like I was trying to hijack your thread. But I do race with a small group of clean racers- I was just offering to bring them to your club for a night of fun racing . I have nothing but good memories of racing with spinning arrows
Awl man, I wasn't even thinking that at all so no worries there. I would certainly welcome some new people (as well as the "old" crew) for another race night. I would recommend the usual Thursday eve if that works for your friends. I don't want to conflict with some of the other racers and their new leagues.

Awl man, I wasn't even thinking that at all so no worries there. I would certainly welcome some new people (as well as the "old" crew) for another race night. I would recommend the usual Thursday eve if that works for your friends. I don't want to conflict with some of the other racers and their new leagues.
Heyo Tarkus! Why not have a joint event? A friend and I are setting up an GVS enduro for later in the summer.

I remember the last time we had the SAC thursday and it was a blast!!

How about next Thu the 15th Jun???
This is obviously very selfish of me but I'd vote to leave it until I get my Internet set up. I haven't had chance to look into it yet but I intend to do so this week.

Is that something I should look at if I decide to get a PS4? I haven't made that decision yet, if I do get one it will be entirely for GTSport.

ops.. I made a typo, it's the T700... :lol:

There's couple option you have for PS4... G29, T300RS and the T500 for now, and the upcoming T700.

The All these wheels are compatible with the PS3 and PS4, therefore you can switch back and forth between if you are running both consoles 👍

If you want the most reliable, go with the G29, it has everything you need and it's tough like a tank.

But if you want very realistic, strong and fine FFB, go with the T500 or even the upcoming T700.

The only drawback on the Thrustmaster products is they are not the most reliable.

If you are crazy gamer that put 500 miles on it everyday, then it might not last very long.

I have a T500 for couple years now and I use it around once a week, 2-3 hours, it's still running strong.

But if you put couple hours every day, then it might last for about 2 years.

Back