Sport Mode exploit.

• Thread starter PhoenixFR
  • 13 comments

PhoenixFR

(Banned)
United States
United States
Currently an exploit being abused by a certain dirtbag in Sport Mode that allows him to basically drive off into the distance over 1 minute ahead, while everyone else is completely stuck in the beginning phase of the race where it's supposed to countdown, but it never does.

if you him in game, report him, or idk, bring attention to PD or something.

He was ruining top split lobbies earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:
This needs a video so it becomes well known so it can be fixed. If someone catches someone doing it please post a video here or in the race thread. 👍

:gtplanet::cheers:

It was caught on some top split live streams yesterday... Go look at Cyrus' past streams

Last edited by a moderator:
This needs a video so it becomes well known so it can be fixed. If someone catches someone doing it please post a video here or in the race thread. 👍

This seems similar.

This seems similar.
Different issue.
This guy was able to do something specific to manipulate the start how he wanted & then brag about it afterwards 3 races in a row.

It was Race B Monza, everyone else was kept stuck in the autodrive sequence at the beginning, while he was driving ahead & a minute ahead

Then eventually when you get control of your car you have to change view and go.

I was in a race B last week where we got stuck in the start sequence. I didn't see anybody abusing it but can imagine it happening. I ended up quitting after about 20 seconds.

Different issue.
This guy was able to do something specific to manipulate the start how he wanted & then brag about it afterwards 3 races in a row.

It was Race B Monza, everyone else was kept stuck in the autodrive sequence at the beginning, while he was driving ahead & a minute ahead

Then eventually when you get control of your car you have to change view and go.
Ah okay 👍. I vaguely remember hearing of that happening in some (I think) Asia/Oceania races too.

Edit: Seems to have been around for a while too!

Last edited:
Yeah this just happened again, I saw someone buggering off during the Race A just now... it didnt help the vehicles were already badly balanced for this event and then this guy just F's off into the distance, thank goodness it was a non DR/SR race.

Yeah this just happened again, I saw someone buggering off during the Race A just now... it didnt help the vehicles were already badly balanced for this event and then this guy just F's off into the distance, thank goodness it was a non DR/SR race.

Cheating in a race in which you gain nothing from, yep sounds about right. :banghead:

Post videos and shame the cheats, that is allowed here. Just don't mention any names in the post. ;)

Currently an exploit being abused by a certain dirtbag in Sport Mode that allows him to basically drive off into the distance over 1 minute ahead, while everyone else is completely stuck in the beginning phase of the race where it's supposed to countdown, but it never does.

if you him in game, report him, or idk, bring attention to PD or something.

He was ruining top split lobbies earlier.
@NikNakTobasco up to his old tricks again... :D

Different issue.

I heard about Thai from an Alien friend yesterday too, he wasn’t sure on the exact deatailsnof how it works yet. It’s something to do with entering the PS OS while the start is ongoing or something like that.

I heard about Thai from an Alien friend yesterday too, he wasn’t sure on the exact deatailsnof how it works yet. It’s something to do with entering the PS OS while the start is ongoing or something like that.
That was suggested but never confirmed.

It was suggested by someone in those races that it might be the old PSN menu glitch resurfacing, but only an assumption & not proven.

If I had to guess it's more likely something in the realm of lag-switch/pulling the lab cable & reconnecting before timeout to manipulate the server.

But who knows tbh, it'll start being more common for sure & PD with their incompetence have no way to report these people for cheating, the only options are all for text based abused & naughty names, ridiculous.

That was suggested but never confirmed.

It was suggested by someone in those races that it might be the old PSN menu glitch resurfacing, but only an assumption & not proven.

If I had to guess it's more likely something in the realm of lag-switch/pulling the lab cable & reconnecting before timeout to manipulate the server.

But who knows tbh, it'll start being more common for sure & PD with their incompetence have no way to report these people for cheating, the only options are all for text based abused & naughty names, ridiculous.
With FIA just starting up, I feel like they will have to sort this out fairly quickly.

Back