Sport Truck Race

• Thread starter wc420pro
  • 67 comments
Serbia
Belgrade
The latest Seasonal Events are now available in Gran Turismo 5, featuring a series of five expert level racing events exclusive to pickup trucks with a rear cargo bed with no more than 470PP and no more than Sports/Hard compounds and the necessary Dirt Tires.

This week’s challenges are as follows:
470PP Pickup Truck Race: Daytona Super Speedway / 3 Laps
Period of Availability: 2013/10/10 04:00 -
1st: Cr.291,500 2nd: Cr.160,325 3rd: Cr.116,600
470PP Pickup Truck Race: Deep Forest Raceway / 5 Laps
1st: Cr.287,000 2nd: Cr.157,850 3rd: Cr.114,800
470PP Pickup Truck Race: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca / 4 Laps
1st: Cr.284,000 2nd: Cr.156,200 3rd: Cr.113,600
470PP Pickup Truck Race: Eiger Nordwand Short Course / 6 Laps
1st: Cr.290,000 2nd: Cr.159,500 3rd: Cr.116,000
470PP Pickup Truck Race: Liege (Gravel) 310A / 3 Laps
1st: Cr.310,000 2nd: Cr.170,500 3rd: Cr.124,000

Note the “Performance Difference Bonus” applies, so more credits will be awarded for using a slower car below the maximum allowed PP value.

Wow! Seems to be a great Seasonal update.

Don't know about others but it's fun racing in the trucks (in the game).

Had a hunch that a truck event would be coming up after seeing many trucks for sale in the OCD.

It seems like PD is going back to the old trend of having an OCD that is based off of that week's seasonal.

Ironic that I just got around to racing the truck seasonal from last year. I actually had fun there, so I'm looking forward to this one as well.

I believe the Toyota Tacoma X-Runner '04 is supposed to be the best Truck out there. I used to drive the Dodge Ram 1500 in the earlier Truck seasonals or A-spec races.

With the sound of an exhaust, these trucks sound even more great.

I just the Daytona race and it is suprisingly easy-ish on a Tacoma. I scored a Tacoma 1-2-3 finish there. :D.

The Liege gravel race was fun, too, but beware: there are only 8 cars on track. ;)

Sup mates, new one is here :)

I m confirming that Daytona race is easy with a Tacoma, just dont forget to up your max speed to 260-270 kmh and then draft all the way to your victory.

About dirt track:

At first look this track seemed to be very difficult especially with a non 4wd truck. The main tip is to turn off your ABS and other race settings and then try to drift all difficult turns carefully, this thing will save a lot of speed for you. I ve done it 5 minutes ago with a 469PP Dodge RAM.

Last edited:
I've done 3 races with Outlaw Motorsports SSR 530PP tune and won fairly easily on first try

Fun events, and the tune is amazing. night and day difference.

CORRECTION. 450PP. not 430

Daytona is impossible to win in the SSR for me. In am tuned to 470pP and have 406HP. The track is full throttle so it's not me, but I don't see how another tune would help either. I was 2 seconds off everytime.

Won easily with the Ram, but has anyone won it in the SSR?
Just curious what I did wrong?

I misspoke. I thought would be easy in ram but even worse. Trying Lightning now, and if can't win gonna just go with the Toyota as you guys say its easy. Wow

Last edited by a moderator:
I've merged your quad-post. Please use the Edit button in the future.

Normally get it up sooner than this but no matter! Video!

I've done 3 races with Outlaw Motorsports SSR 530PP tune and won fairly easily on first try

Fun events, and the tune is amazing. night and day difference.

CORRECTION. 450PP. not 430

Daytona is impossible to win in the SSR for me. In am tuned to 470pP and have 406HP. The track is full throttle so it's not me, but I don't see how another tune would help either. I was 2 seconds off everytime.

Won easily with the Ram, but has anyone won it in the SSR?
Just curious what I did wrong?

I misspoke. I thought would be easy in ram but even worse. Trying Lightning now, and if can't win gonna just go with the Toyota as you guys say its easy. Wow

I added 200 ballast at +50 , supercharger, max speed about 295kph, just try and keep the car steady on the turns, you can lose a lot of speed there. and dont forget to draft.

ok sorry thought you meant at 470pp

Ok got it at 450pp with SSr 200 kg ballast +50, 395bhp, stage 2 engine, ecu, catalyst, titanium racing, engine 93.8 , 948,xxx cr, won by about 3 sec....all about drafting and steady on the turns

Last edited:
At Tacoma with a Chev SSR '03.....(did the others at 470PP with no stage 3 weight reduction)

448PP ..306hp ..1746kg ..73% power, stage 3 weight reduction, 48kg ballast, max Exhaust, no extra Intake, Supercharger and Sports ECU, BL 1:21.806.

$1,070,120 ..xp103560.

Just reading MESOLIMULUS post below which reminded me that I too used TC, set at 1 or 2.

Last edited:
won all races easy at the first attempt with the dodge.With no modifications...The race on the gravel is more challenging,but i set the traction control on 5, so you have more control over the car,and you have to take the Corners slow, then you are much faster .I catched the leader in the middle of the last lap....

Thanks Oink for your customary guide of the seasonals through the trimmed races of the seasonal.

It seems like a summary which gives us the taste of things that we will experience when we were to play the seasonal.

Assuming you are using a wheel, it's so much of an advantage through the turns compared to using a DS3. No wonder, all the genuine (not hacked) results are from the wheel racers.

Wish the AIs would be as aggressive as You so that they could shove through the inside of the corners & get a slip stream to pass.

Thanx for the videos.

The dirt race seems the most exciting.

Big fun this seasonal. First 4 indeed very easy with Tacoma. The dirt track is a lot more challenging. Became third in first attempt. I will give it a try later today, with the dodge and ABS off. Thx for the tips you all.

I was using Toyota for first 3 events, but than I am stuck big time at last two :-(.
Help needed!
Any tune for Toyota, or any other truck?
THANK YOU

Finished them all in the Dodge RAM with some HP mods and 200kg all the way back for 468PP. I used a 40/60 torque split for the gravel one but 50/50 may be better. The first 3 were easy, Eiger a bit more difficult and the gravel one took several attempts because you really need to know the track when you can't see where you're going for the first two laps. Drafting a cloud of dust down the straight is quite unnerving!

So has anyone reached a consensus on which truck is best and the corresponding tune?

Praiano (who I consider to be a GT5 genius) had shared a Ram 1500 for me which was intended to be used for the original 420pp truck race, which for some reason has been removed. I changed the power limiter to increase to 450pp and played with the final gear to increase the top speed. On my first try I took silver on the Deep Forest run so this truck might do the trick but I think there may be a better option. I'll happily share the tune if anyone wants me to.

Thanks,
Chris

Finished them all in the Dodge RAM with some HP mods and 200kg all the way back for 468PP. I used a 40/60 torque split for the gravel one but 50/50 may be better. The first 3 were easy, Eiger a bit more difficult and the gravel one took several attempts because you really need to know the track when you can't see where you're going for the first two laps. Drafting a cloud of dust down the straight is quite unnerving!

Moose. Would you mind sharing the entire tune? Thank you VERY much!

Moose. Would you mind sharing the entire tune? Thank you VERY much!

Sure. I can't claim this as my own. I can't remember where I got the tune from. I haven't used the car for ages and this is how it was set up. It could be one of Praiano's as that's where I usually go when I'm in need of a good tune.

Ride Height -36 -23
Spring Rate 8.4 13.8
Ext 7 7
Comp 4 4
ARB 2 5
Camber 3.0 1.0
Toe -0.12 - 0.05

LSD
12 17
21 28
5 5

Torque splitter 40/60

Transmission
1st 3.416
2nd 2.491
3rd 1.914
4th 1.537
5th 1.289
6th 0.956
Final 3.5

Parts added
ECU
Engine tuning - Stage1
Sports intake manifold
Racing filter
Sports exhaust manifold
Sports cat
Titanium racing exhaust
Supercharger
Twin plate clutch
Racing flywheel
Carbon prop shaft
LSD
Torque splitter

Ballast 200kg -50
Power 100%

543HP
468PP

I adjusted the top speed and brake balance to suit the track. BB 5/5 except for the Eiger where I biased it towards the rear, 5/7 I think. Good luck.

Sup mates, new one is here :)

I m confirming that Daytona race is easy with a Tacoma, just dont forget to up your max speed to 260-270 kmh and then draft all the way to your victory.

About dirt track:

At first look this track seemed to be very difficult especially with a non 4wd truck. The main tip is to turn off your ABS and other race settings and then try to drift all difficult turns carefully, this thing will save a lot of speed for you. I ve done it 5 minutes ago with a 469PP Dodge RAM.

The Dodge is a 4WD, not sure if you knew that or not.
For anyone else, use the Laramie with Prianano's tune, the only truck he has a tune for, set your transfer at 50/50 and stay off the brakes except to feather them a bit. Full acceleration on straights only, much milder on the turns. I didn't drift at all and passed the leader on the second lap near the final straight. He pulls back after that. Laps around 1:19 or 1:20 will win it.
The Tacoma wins the rest, no tune needed, no tranny settings either. I will put both on share if anyone wants to use them. The Tacoma handles beautifully stock, except for the non-PP additions, of course. PN name is the same as here.

Generally speaking the Tacos are great on the road courses, but for Daytona I just ran a Dodge with some slight HP mods and full ballast to keep the PP down... The thing is as aerodynamic as a brick, but it'll still lug itself around the high banks.

Back