Sports Stadiums you've visited

• Thread starter Akmuq
  • 40 comments
I forgot to add the old Cardiff arms park to my list..i went there in 1995 (i was nine) to see Wales v San marino, which we won 7-0 and Mark Hughes scored a hattrick..

-Copps Colisseum, Hamilton
-Centre Bell/Bell Centre, Montreal
-Air Canada Centre, Toronto
-Husky Field, Halifax
-Rogers Centre (once for baseball as the Rogers Centre, and once each for baseball and football (CFL) as the SkyDome), Toronto
-Ivor Wynne Stadium, Hamilton
-Hershey Centre, Mississauga
-Kitchener Memorial Auditorium, Kitchener
-Halifax Metro Centre, Halifax
-HSBC Arena (for a Buffalo Sabres/Montreal Canadiens game, Buffalo Bandits laccrosse game, and the IIHF U20's)
-

I'm sure there's a couple more. As well as countless nondescript hockey rinks across Canada.

I've been to the Galpharm Stadium in Huddersfield, although it's the John Smith's Stadium now, I think. I'll still call it the Galpharm though. My local stadium and home of Huddersfield Town and Huddersfield Giants. There's an ODEON right next to it so I see it a lot lol. I went there to watch both a Town match and a Giants match.

huddersfield-02.jpg

Also been to the Odsal Stadium in Bradford. Home of the Bradford Bulls. I went there in June last year to watch a Bulls game. I went as a neutral though, as they weren't facing the Giants. I felt a bit like a traitor sat there, actually. :scared:

_48238221_odsal_3.jpg

I've been to Skegness Stadium too, in Skegness. Went there about 4 weeks ago now. However, it's not a football or rugby stadium. :P

thetrack.jpg

I was actually sat on those tyres you can see when I went.

Katiegan
I've been to the Galpharm Stadium in Huddersfield, although it's the John Smith's Stadium now, I think. I'll still call it the Galpharm though. My local stadium and home of Huddersfield Town and Huddersfield Giants. There's an ODEON right next to it so I see it a lot lol. I went there to watch both a Town match and a Giants match.

Also been to the Odsal Stadium in Bradford. Home of the Bradford Bulls. I went there in June last year to watch a Bulls game. I went as a neutral though, as they weren't facing the Giants. I felt a bit like a traitor sat there, actually. :scared:

I've been to Skegness Stadium too, in Skegness. Went there about 4 weeks ago now. However, it's not a football or rugby stadium. :P

I was actually sat on those tyres you can see when I went.

The first time I went to Huddersfield for a Challenge Cup match it was still called the McAfee Stadium, must have been about 2004. Been numerous times since for World Club Challenge matches and it's a very nice ground. Actually had no idea they'd changed the name AGAIN until I googled 'Galpharm'.

Ah, Odsal. Our stadium is ridiculously outdated, I just wish we hadn't had all the money issues so they could have looked into refurb or replacement. Still, since it's set in a natural bowl, the atmosphere is pretty amazing for the night games against Leeds. Back in 2005 when we were winning championships yearly, they'd pack 25,000 plus people in for the Friday night derby games.

New Wembley
Madejski Stadium
Twickenham
Canterbury Cricket Ground
Kassam Stadium
Edgeley Park

The first time I went to Huddersfield for a Challenge Cup match it was still called the McAfee Stadium, must have been about 2004. Been numerous times since for World Club Challenge matches and it's a very nice ground. Actually had no idea they'd changed the name AGAIN until I googled 'Galpharm'.

Ah, Odsal. Our stadium is ridiculously outdated, I just wish we hadn't had all the money issues so they could have looked into refurb or replacement. Still, since it's set in a natural bowl, the atmosphere is pretty amazing for the night games against Leeds. Back in 2005 when we were winning championships yearly, they'd pack 25,000 plus people in for the Friday night derby games.

When it first opened it was the Alfred McAlpine Stadium, although whilst it was under construction it was just the Kirklees Stadium. Then in 2004 it changed to the Galpharm Stadium, and then in July this year Heikenen bought sponsorship to it so now it's the John Smith's Stadium.

I pass Odsal on a regular basis, but have only been in there once. It is indeed, and it's a shame it is, really. My dad used to watch stock cars with his step-dad there too. Didn't Odsal once hold the highest rugby league attendace for 40 years with something like 102,000 people?

New Wembley, Emirates, Ethiad, Old Trafford (cricket), King Power stadium, Filbert Street, Welford Road, Grace Road (cricket), Millenium Stadium, O2 Arena (tennis), Wimbledon centre court (tennis), Ricoh Arena, Capital FM arena Nottingham.

I think thats it, a lot of those haven't been for sporting events though :lol: More concerts!

DFW area:

Texas Motor Speedway(Caught Nascar, and Indy races there)
Fort Worth Convention Center(They don't hold many sporting events there, but I had my high school graduation ceremony there)
American Airlines Center(went last year for a Hockey game)
Ranger's Stadium(Demolished today, unfortunately)
The Ballpark in Arlington
Boyd Raceway

Drove Past:

Texas Stadium(Demolished today, unfortunately)
Cowboys Stadium
Reunion Arena(Demolished today, unfortunately)

My list is reasonably scattered geographically...

Australia
- Canberra Stadium
- Melbourne Cricket Ground (Boxing day Ashes test)
- Sydney Cricket Ground
- Etihad Stadium/Telstra Dome/Docklands/whatever its called this week

USA
- Madison Square Garden
- Oakland County Coliseum
- Comerica Park (Detroit)
- Chase Field (Phoenix)

Canada
- Rogers Centre (several games and stadium tour)
- Air Canada Centre
- BC Place (the domed stadium which I think is now has a commercial name)

Europe
- Lords (tour only)
- Murrayfield
- Whaddon Road (Cheltenham Town FC - league 2 playoff semi)
- Ravenhill (Ulster rugby match)
- Nou Camp (tour only)

Back