Spot Journalistic Bias and Manipulation (was Media Bias)

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 447 comments

dd0.png

Mind you it was commentary on a supposed media blockade over the murder of Cannon Hinnant from The Daily Wire's Matt Walsh that launched the "where's the outrage" thread cluster****.

Last edited:
I refuse to click on any of these headlines, but the crap I'm seeing from the right today...

• Biden presidency tetering amid calls to resign, potential investigation over US deaths in Afghanistan (FOX)
  • Peter Meijer, who flew to Afghanistan this week, says congress needs to reclaim war powers authority (FOX) (I looked up his tweet, somehow he thinks "reclaiming" war powers would have prevented Biden's "reckless" withdrawal)
  • Trump says Kabul explosion wouldn't have happened if he were president (NY Post)

This alternate reality crap is really getting on my nerves. Biden was elected president, he has the authority and arguably the duty to pull us out. Trump's not the president and he's not going to be. Get over it.

That's a disappointing take from Meijer, who voted to impeach Trump in February and subsequently faced censure from GOP leadership in two Michigan counties. Disappointing, but not surprising--he's still a Republican. I'm given to understand he actually served in Afghanistan in a military intelligence capacity, which males that take all the more ****ing pathetic.

FOX headline - MSNBC's Clair McCaskill praises Biden's widely mocked speech as 'brutally honest', 'refreshing'

"widely mocked" is straight out of the biased news script here. "Widely mocked" can be anything, including among Fox News employees working on that particular headline. "Widely mocked" is devoid of journalism. I happen to agree that parts of the speech were brutally honest and refreshing. This headline is just pandering to the fox news base. Here's what it's saying, without saying it:

"Nobody likes biden. People are making fun of him. He's a terrible leader who didn't even win, it was all rigged, as evidenced by the fact that people widely hate him. But MSNBC is nothing but pure bias, willing to go against what everyone knows is true in order to sing the praises of their party"

That's what it says.

Right-wing media are trying to manufacture a scandal out of President Joe Biden’s visit yesterday to the dignified transfer ceremony at Dover Air Force Base, in which the remains of U.S. troops killed in last week’s terrorist attack in Afghanistan were received home.

And now, Fox News is even manipulating its own news video — playing it back in slow motion — in order to provide corroboration to right-wing complaints that Biden looked at his watch during the ceremony.

Notably, the initial video that circulated online included a clip from Fox News’ live coverage of the transfer ceremony on Sunday, during which co-anchors Mike Emanuel and Jacqui Heinrich, Fox national security correspondent Jennifer Griffin, and news correspondent David Spunt all did not seem to notice anything amiss. But after other right-wing media personalities jumped on this visual, based on a few seconds of Biden’s hand movements during the ceremony, Fox would soon find itself having to catch up.

[embedded video clip in article]

Within about 15 minutes of the ceremony, Newsmax host Benny Johnson tweeted the clip while alleging that Biden “appears to check his watch.” Johnson’s claim has since spread through a number of other right-wing outlets, including the Boston Herald, The Daily Wire, the U.K.-based Daily Mail, and Fox’s corporate cousin the New York Post. Many of them used a still photo from The Associated Press — one of many from the ceremony — that selected the brief moment when it might have appeared Biden was looking at his wrist.

From there, Fox has covered the story in terms of conservatives denouncing Biden, without putting the network’s own name on whether the story was true. On Monday morning, during a headline update during Fox & Friends, news reader Jillian Mele said, “President Biden being criticized for appearing to check his watch … . The video is going viral, and as you can understand, a lot of people have strong opinions on this.”

And as can be seen by comparing the two videos, Fox has now put Biden’s movement in slow motion — at roughly half the speed, in order to double the apparent time of the movements.

[embedded video clip in article]

The manner in which Fox jumped on this bandwagon also stands in stark contrast to how the network handled past reports of disrespect to fallen troops by former President Donald Trump. Last year, when Griffin confirmed other reporting that Trump had called fallen U.S. soldiers “losers” and “suckers,” and that he did not want wounded veterans included in his special July 4 military parade in 2019, other personalities on the network continued to call the story a “hoax,” trying to downplay Griffin’s reporting and claim that the story had been “refuted.”

But now, Fox News contributor Newt Gingrich claims that the latest manufactured outrage is a lesson in the “callousness and selfishness of the current President.”

Right-wing social media personalities had apparently geared up to find any reason whatsoever to criticize Biden over the ceremony. On Saturday night, a number of conservatives circulated a false claim that the remains had arrived at Dover with no administration figures present — even though the remains had not yet arrived. (Nevertheless, the claim was spread in now-deleted tweets by such figures as Fox News host Laura Ingraham and Fox contributor Richard Grenell.)

Once that story was debunked, of course, they had to move on to something else.
"Last year, when [Fox national security correspondent Jennifer] Griffin confirmed other reporting that Trump had called fallen U.S. soldiers 'losers' and 'suckers,' and that he did not want wounded veterans included in his special July 4 military parade in 2019, other personalities on the network continued to call the story a 'hoax,' trying to downplay Griffin’s reporting and claim that the story had been 'refuted.'"

I only just heard about this incident. This feller was so concerned about supposed media bias that he violated his probation to accost a reporter live on camera.

Last edited:
Violated probation? I was focused on looping the part where fatty gets winded trying to run up on the guy.

Just to note, when the USA lost against Sweden and were lambasted in right-wing opinion outlets for being knee-taking Marxists against the sexy Swedish blonde bombshells, Sweden and the referees all took the knee before the match as well.

So... pushing an "agenda" much?

FOX headline - MSNBC's Clair McCaskill praises Biden's widely mocked speech as 'brutally honest', 'refreshing'

"widely mocked" is straight out of the biased news script here. "Widely mocked" can be anything, including among Fox News employees working on that particular headline. "Widely mocked" is devoid of journalism.
Well, yeah. Are you new to the Fox "News" website? They do this all the time. "Widely mocked" is a variation on Trump's "many people are saying".

As in sniffling her? Nope.
As in touching Bidenly. Lots of what you Trumpers decried as inappropriate contact by Biden didn't involve "sniffling" (though there's no evidence there was any "sniffling" going on when his face was in close proximity to a woman, just that his face was in close proximity), and there's no functional difference even in those instances in which Biden's face was in close proximity to a woman.

If what Biden was photographed doing was inappropriate, the same applies to Elder. You want it both ways (Biden inappropriate, Elder innocent) because one represents that which you oppose and the other that which you support, but that's not how it works.

Last edited:
As in touching Bidenly. Lots of what you Trumpers decried as inappropriate contact by Biden didn't involve "sniffling" (though there's no evidence there was any "sniffling" going on when his face was in close proximity to a woman, just that his face was in close proximity), and there's no functional difference even in those instances in which Biden's face was in close proximity to a woman.

If what Biden was photographed doing was inappropriate, the same applies to Elder. You want it both ways (Biden inappropriate, Elder innocent) because one represents that which you oppose and the other that which you support, but that's not how it works.
Whatever, as usual you gotta find something to bring up besides the actual topic.
Useless posts from you as usual.

Whatever, as usual you gotta find something to bring up besides the actual topic.
Useless posts from you as usual.
I was remarking on the image you posted. You even responded to me as having remarked on the image you posted. Now you're trying to shutdown discussion as "off-topic" (though it's not, as is made evident by your previous response) because you don't like my argument but you can't logically refute it. This is deceitful. You should know that you're very transparent.

I find it hard to believe that @TexRex doesn't know that the altercation mentioned by the LA Times was with a pink haired gorilla, and not a blond Elder supporter.

Gorilla-Elder-e1631138417219.jpg

I believe the point @ryzno is trying to make is that the LA Times chose that image, the one of the blond being "slapped" by elder, instead of an image of the real altercation, and the real perp.

edit: Just in case some of you don't know, that blurry thing just to the right of Elder's head, is an egg that was just thrown by the pink haired gorilla.

Last edited:
I find it hard to believe that @TexRex doesn't know that the altercation mentioned by the LA Times was with a pink haired gorilla, and not a blond Elder supporter.

View attachment 1079921

I believe the point @ryzno is trying to make is that the LA Times chose that image, the one of the blond being "slapped" by elder, instead of an image of the real altercation, and the real perp.
That's not a slap. It's obvious it isn't a slap. My original remark was to that effect.

Trumpism, man.

That's not a slap. It's obvious it isn't a slap. My original remark was to that effect.

Trumpism, man.
It is obviously not a slap. Thanks.:rolleyes:

checks name of thread

The point of the post is to highlight the bias of the LA Times. It has nothing to do with Biden, or Elder being creepy. For the LA Times to mention an altercation, and show a picture that has nothing to do with said altercation, shows the bias.

They reported the altercation, yay for them, but they purposely try to confuse their readers with the picture of Elder and the blond. But, at least they reported it.

That's not how they used that picture...
Take it up with @Chrunch Houston who just said the LA Times used the image "of the blond (sic) being 'slapped' by elder (sic)."

She's clearly not being slapped. I don't know why the publication used that image, but if the intent was to show Elder slapping her, they failed miserably.

It is obviously not a slap. Thanks.:rolleyes:

checks name of thread

The point of the post is to highlight the bias of the LA Times. It has nothing to do with Biden, or Elder being creepy. For the LA Times to mention an altercation, and show a picture that has nothing to do with said altercation, shows the bias.

They reported the altercation, yay for them, but they purposely try to confuse their readers with the picture of Elder and the blond. But, at least they reported it.
I know the LA Times is biased. It's hard to imagine anyone doesn't. They're a glorified LAPD mouthpiece.

I don't know how stupid the average LA Times reader is, but you'd have to be unbelievably ****ing stupid to assume the photograph they printed was of the altercation and not merely one from the event at which the altercation took place.

You Trumpers sure do like to make something from nothing. It's pathetic.

Swing and a miss. I referred to you Trumpers attempting to make something of nothing as I addressed you Trumpers having attempted to make something from nothing. The propensity to do so, to which I've alluded (other examples include the Hunter Biden laptop and Biden's withholding of loan guarantees secured with the help of a coalition of governments and private entities that Biden represented), is what's pathetic.

You're out of your depth.

Last edited:
Swing and a miss. I referred to you Trumpers attempting to make something of nothing as I addressed you Trumpers having attempted to make something from nothing. The propensity to do so, to which I've alluded (other examples include the Hunter Biden laptop and Biden's withholding of loan guarantees secured with the help of a coalition of governments and private entities that Biden represented), is what's pathetic.

You're out of your depth.
Heh.

Tell me you can't refute an argument rationally without actually telling me you can't refute an argument rationally.
The truth comes out! It's one of your favorite responances. ;)

The truth comes out! It's one of your favorite responances. ;)
Except I've never offered it in responance to rational arguments. Context matters.

Trumpism, man.

Last edited:
The motto of those who cut and run. "Je m'en fous" in the original French.
I haven't cut and run from anything.

I'm not going to argue with you over something that wasn't the subject at hand.

I'm not gonna answer your question either cause you already know my answer is the correct one.

Also you are a lier saying Biden doesn't sniff people. Do some googling. Plenty of videos of women and children cringing when he gets near them.

Now unless you have something to say on topic, we are done here. Goodnight.

TDS man...

Latest Posts

Back