Sprint Cup Asia (Season 2) SEASON FINISHED.

• Thread starter paoloevans
  • 657 comments

Are the pitstop success penalties adding anything to the series? Should they be removed?

• Yes I think they add to the races. Keep them.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No they are not working. Get rid of them.

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Appologises to any that I might have tagged during the race today.

Could only see four of you on track for some reason.

From now on before Qualifying I'll make sure everyone has the same number of people showing in the lobby. In hindsight would of been better for @Raptor013 to of rejoined the lobby.... still was a good race though :)👍

It wasnt just great at the front, it was honestly absolutely amazing. 22 laps of constant fighting between the top 3. Trevonick was also in the fight until the pits stops, dont know what happened after that. Still, what a brilliant race, and such a game of fine margins it was:
twice people broke away from the slipstream and threatened to pull away, twice the others worked together and recovered from it. Quite a few overtakes for the lead, action packed racing all the way through, what more can you ask?! And those last 2/3 laps were something else, top 3 within a second of each other, battling pretty much every single corner. It was a pleasure.
May we do this again at suzuka lads?

PS: If you can, watch a replay of the battle for the lead
You wont regret it.

It wasnt just great at the front, it was honestly absolutely amazing. 22 laps of constant fighting between the top 3. Trevonick was also in the fight until the pits stops, dont know what happened after that. Still, what a brilliant race, and such a game of fine margins it was:
twice people broke away from the slipstream and threatened to pull away, twice the others worked together and recovered from it. Quite a few overtakes for the lead, action packed racing all the way through, what more can you ask?! And those last 2/3 laps were something else, top 3 within a second of each other, battling pretty much every single corner.
Was quite instense in the mid pack aswell I believe although it did get a bit hairy so to speak.

Yeh was great fun hopefully there will be no connection issues at Suzuka!

Yeah, from my limited view the battle between myself, Paolo, and skivit was great.

If anyone else has a saved copy of the replay they'd like to share, if you can let me know here and I'll find you in gt and grab it and I'll put together a full field race replay over the next couple of days.

I've already got mine and Paolo's.

Round 1 @ Fuji - Photos

Part 1
8503456918132490760_0.jpg
8503461314031518216_0.jpg
8367790375657538048_0.jpg
8368353327355789832_0.jpg
8367790375122764288_0.jpg
8359346117231510016_0.jpg

Cracking first round everyone. Thank you to Paul for organising the event. I really like the two-tier system, it gives us B rated drivers something to race for! I had to watch the replace TWICE! Once to watch the top 3 battle and again to watch what was going on between other silver cup drivers. You had a great tussle just after the pit stop! Clean racing throughout the field by the looks of it. I only saw one incident and that looked to be completely accidental.

I had a somewhat lonely race really. I was very surprised to find myself pulling away from the the rest of the silver drivers as I was expecting to struggle down the the start/finish straight! I think I've really gelled with the Atenza and know how to drive it. Either that or it suits my style.

Here's a small selection of photos so you can see what was going on - and others can see what fun they missed out on! I've put them as thumbnails, so click to enlarge.

Top 4 'pro' drivers battling early on:
20200418093950.jpg
Great battle for 2nd place in the silver cup after the pit stop:
20200418093916.jpg
Black306Mi and Totalrose spent most of the race swapping places!
20200418093927.jpg
This photo perfectly shows what my race looked like!
20200418093856.jpg
'Pro' cup finish: 1st )PTLobo2, 2nd) Spiner-kopin, 3rd) Lost_Sheltie & 4th) Trevonick
20200418094009.jpg
Silver cup finish: 1st) Si_berian_tiger
20200418094018.jpg
Silver cup finish: 2nd) Totalrose, 3rd) Black306mi, 4th) PauloEvans. Can't make out the train of cars behind him though. WanganGhost in 5th?20200418094027.jpg

Attachments

• 20200418093307.jpg
    20200418093307.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 20200418093329.jpg
    20200418093329.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 12
Cracking first round everyone. Thank you to Paul for organising the event. I really like the two-tier system, it gives us B rated drivers something to race for! I had to watch the replace TWICE! Once to watch the top 3 battle and again to watch what was going on between other silver cup drivers. You had a great tussle just after the pit stop! Clean racing throughout the field by the looks of it. I only saw one incident and that looked to be completely accidental.

I had a somewhat lonely race really. I was very surprised to find myself pulling away from the the rest of the silver drivers as I was expecting to struggle down the the start/finish straight! I think I've really gelled with the Atenza and know how to drive it. Either that or it suits my style.

Here's a small selection of photos so you can see what was going on - and others can see what fun they missed out on! I've put them as thumbnails, so click to enlarge.

Top 4 'pro' drivers battling early on:
View attachment 911911
Great battle for 2nd place in the silver cup after the pit stop:
View attachment 911909
Black306Mi and Totalrose spent most of the race swapping places!
View attachment 911910
This photo perfectly shows what my race looked like!
View attachment 911908
'Pro' cup finish: 1st )PTLobo2, 2nd) Spiner-kopin, 3rd) Lost_Sheltie & 4th) Trevonick
View attachment 911912
Silver cup finish: 1st) Si_berian_tiger
View attachment 911913
Silver cup finish: 2nd) Totalrose, 3rd) Black306mi, 4th) PauloEvans. Can't make out the train of cars behind him though. WanganGhost in 5th?View attachment 911914

Congratulations mate!

Love the pics and review of the different battles 👍

twice people broke away from the slipstream and threatened to pull away, twice the others worked together and recovered from it. Quite a few overtakes for the lead, action packed racing all the way through, what more can you ask?! And those last 2/3 laps were something else, top 3 within a second of each other, battling pretty much every single corner. It was a pleasure.

PS: If you can, watch a replay of the battle for the lead
You wont regret it.
There's no better explanation to describe our race:cheers:

Overall we went quicker than last season, about 3-5 tenths per lap. I predict a tighter competition this season!

I'm really happy with my Fanatec. After a time of adaptation, I have a better feeling under braking with the loadcell. My raw pace haven't changed but It seems I have a better control of my tyre wear

It was a great race
@paoloevens thanks I only decided on the Z4 on Thursday so it was a bit of a copy of my MRC livery
I was in a Chat with Aaron (totalrose) chris (skivit76) & séamus
That helped keep things clean between me & Aaron

Last edited:
@Kuraudo You didn't hold me up mate, you were doing your race, that's the way it should be.
I blew it behind Paulo in the end, spun up, and spin out. My own fault, I felt on the pace after a bad start and twice reeled in the pack after messing up.
Enjoyed that, hopefully I can get myself onto the group and stay there next time.

Back