Sprint Cup GT World Challenge. SEASON FINISHED.

• Thread starter paoloevans
  • 990 comments
Hang on. That's an IMSA livery.... Don't you have a Honda ready to go with an IMSA livery? :P
Yes I have an IMSA livery for the NSX (:guilty::scared:) too... and for the Jaguar :) . I think I've used the IMSA F-Type livery at the Catalunya 1,5h race.

Edit: IMSA GTD F-Type (for the Catalunya race):)
vuktype2.jpg

Last edited:
Welp, I set up a lobby ready to load so I guess tomorrow I'll start practice. Lets hope no one has any lag issues during the event. During the GrC race I missed my braking point, ended up in the barriers, but apparently an invisible car registered me doing a very good impression of an exocet missile! They were punted into the sand trap at the first chicane. The thing is, I was in last place by at least 30s, they had lapped me about 4 times already, so if I had seen them I would have aimed for the wall on the left rather than hit them :crazy:.

I noticed Spa is up next after Monza. I'm surprised the weather isn't set for rain, since it's an option for Spa :D.

Welp, I set up a lobby ready to load so I guess tomorrow I'll start practice. Lets hope no one has any lag issues during the event. During the GrC race I missed my braking point, ended up in the barriers, but apparently an invisible car registered me doing a very good impression of an exocet missile! They were punted into the sand trap at the first chicane. The thing is, I was in last place by at least 30s, they had lapped me about 4 times already, so if I had seen them I would have aimed for the wall on the left rather than hit them :crazy:.

I noticed Spa is up next after Monza. I'm surprised the weather isn't set for rain, since it's an option for Spa :D.

I thought about a wet race but decided against it in the end. I much prefer a dry and sunny Spa :dopey:

:lol: yeh or set some kind of ancient trap in the pit stop!

There's a way around that .... don't pit! :lol:.

The helmet looks like you had been doing laps of Spa in the rain.... in an open wheeler! So *that's* your strategy! you were planning to sneak in an F1 car and somehow trick the lobby settings into believing it was a Gr3! Hate to break it to you, but you can't change the livery on the Merc :P.

There's a way around that .... don't pit! :lol:.

The helmet looks like you had been doing laps of Spa in the rain.... in an open wheeler! So *that's* your strategy! you were planning to sneak in an F1 car and somehow trick the lobby settings into believing it was a Gr3! Hate to break it to you, but you can't change the livery on the Merc :P.

:dopey::lol:

Mate I love it!! :eek::cheers::drool:👍

How'd you do it getting both of us in the shot?
:sly::cheers:
;) two pictures (I had downloaded your racing helmet, racing suit and car livery :) ) with fixed (default) scape camera angle and a little bit of Paint to put the two together :) . If the drivers don't cover each other this can be done with "unlimited" drivers - for example the whole Sprint Cup GT Challenge driver lineup ;) . One thing is mandatory: you have to put at least one car in the picture - but later it can be cut down :) .

:sly::cheers:
;) two pictures (I had downloaded your racing helmet, racing suit and car livery :) ) with fixed (default) scape camera angle and a little bit of Paint to put the two together :) . If the drivers don't cover each other this can be done with "unlimited" drivers - for example the whole Sprint Cup GT Challenge driver lineup ;) . One thing is mandatory: you have to put at least one car in the picture - but later it can be cut down :) .

That's not a bad idea.

If you let us know the camera settings and which scapes scene you used we could get all of the guys to take a picture.

I could then put them into the Round 1 Coverage as a Season Preview before the Grid Walk.

@Kuraudo : started testing/practice. 1:50s are looking like the times I'll be running. Fuel wise As I was completing the 10th lap the fuel warning suggested I'd run out of fuel as I entered the pit entry at the end of lap 11.
11 laps with a full tank? Tires? Monza looks friendly to the tires but I'm a notorious tire serial killer :S .

That's not a bad idea.

If you let us know the camera settings and which scapes scene you used we could get all of the guys to take a picture.

I could then put them into the Round 1 Coverage as a Season Preview before the Grid Walk.
That's a cool idea too :) ! This picture was made the first or second Monza scape, but I think there is another "finish line" scape in Monza :) . I'll check which is the better for a larger group :) .

Well I was thinking either individual shots or the larger group shot. Either works as it just adds an extra touch to the Round 1 package for next season.
The individual shots are simpler - but you can put the driver and his car in one picture :) . The "team" shot is more complicated (and maybe impossible if the scape isn't big enough) but without any cars. Both options are awesome :) .
Almost 8 hours until I get home... My brain is gonna explode XD .

@Kuraudo you know what. That would work so much better than the current grid walk I record. Assuming we get one of those for every driver before the season starts and within a week after the race for those that come in later in the year. I could inset an image in Qualifying order and add in their Qualifying time via my video editor when I put the replay together.

Also @paoloevans I know that someone suggested using the class number boards, but had you made a decision on if they are required or optional. I'm cool with either option, however it does make it hard sometimes when everyone has a different style and position for their numbers.

@Kuraudo you know what. That would work so much better than the current grid walk I record. Assuming we get one of those for every driver before the season starts and within a week after the race for those that come in later in the year. I could inset an image in Qualifying order and add in their Qualifying time via my video editor when I put the replay together.

Also @paoloevans I know that someone suggested using the class number boards, but had you made a decision on if they are required or optional. I'm cool with either option, however it does make it hard sometimes when everyone has a different style and position for their numbers.
I left it optional mate. The race number they use will always be displayed on the entry list for each round here in the forum.

Last edited:
Back