Sprint Cup GT World Challenge. SEASON FINISHED.

• Thread starter paoloevans
  • 990 comments
Especially bad when you practice a lot, mentally prepared and then this stubid bug comes out . Everyone has to start over because of you. Doesn't help. You literally feel dead inside.. :banghead:

Yeah, thats a weird bug for sure. First time I've seen it. Assuming you had not quit the session, would it have slotted you onto the rear of the grid?

Yeah, thats a weird bug for sure. First time I've seen it. Assuming you had not quit the session, would it have slotted you onto the rear of the grid?

That glitch makes an appearance a bit more regularly in @Pigems daily races with friends. Quite often there is several people hit by it. Happens with both pit starts and grid starts. It usually does not sort itself out. Sometimes it's caused a the connection of a single person. Sometimes it can be sorted with a restart after changing the time of day or something like that. My claim to fame has been winning a couple of races because everyone quit the race but me :lol:.

We are part of a series where the drivers are of various levels. We are all aware of that and we all know that none of the participants would deliberately make contact. Everyone is pretty understanding, even when they have to deal with lapping me! :lol:
:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Bugs? Worst bug ever? The qf of the Le Mans 2h 40m race looked like this to me:
lm2410.jpg

Watta...?:boggled:

:lol: what the hell???!!
I pushed the "option" button and let the car to drive a lap around... then I used the MINI MAP ( XD ) to steer the car into the pit hoping the animation will pull me out of this "black hole" but nope. Fortunately when the race started everything was OK. But I was scarred to death when I saw it first XD .

Really sucked mate. Fingers crossed for Suzuka :cheers:
A quick suggestion, what about dropping the designated qualifying session and set room to "practice/race". When its time for qualifying, reset the room by changing minimum tire compound, then message everyone that when the room resets, the 10 min qualifying officially starts. Use your timer on your smartphone. When the 10 minutes is up, message all drivers that qualifying is finished and to finish current lap and remain on track. All drivers should remain on track to maintain their placement. If no qualifying times are necessary to be recorded, start race after all drivers are verified to be out of pits and past 1st sector line. If you @paoloevans, have to go to pits to record qualifying times by the lap data feature, record them with a screen shot, then proceed past the first sector line to re-establish your position...then start race.
I have used this sequence in my series, and have had zero issues. In the crazy chance it does occur, that one driver can exit, clear cache/whatever, then re-enter and try again to enter the track. If successful, he can run laps to qualify with the time remaining. All the while, everyone was still actively qualifying.
This could be a way to avoid this issue altogether. It stinks having to see dedicated drivers have to retire over a stupid game bug.

A quick suggestion, what about dropping the designated qualifying session and set room to "practice/race". When its time for qualifying, reset the room by changing minimum tire compound, then message everyone that when the room resets, the 10 min qualifying officially starts. Use your timer on your smartphone. When the 10 minutes is up, message all drivers that qualifying is finished and to finish current lap and remain on track. All drivers should remain on track to maintain their placement. If no qualifying times are necessary to be recorded, start race after all drivers are verified to be out of pits and past 1st sector line. If you @paoloevans, have to go to pits to record qualifying times by the lap data feature, record them with a screen shot, then proceed past the first sector line to re-establish your position...then start race.
I have used this sequence in my series, and have had zero issues. In the crazy chance it does occur, that one driver can exit, clear cache/whatever, then re-enter and try again to enter the track. If successful, he can run laps to qualify with the time remaining. All the while, everyone was still actively qualifying.
This could be a way to avoid this issue altogether. It stinks having to see dedicated drivers have to retire over a stupid game bug.

Thanks for the suggestion @llNovall

Sounds good but does seem quite a lot of work prior to the race start.

For now I'd like to stick with the qualy format (in all 4 seasons thats the only time the bug has struck).

However I am not against using this method if we have continual problems.

Back