Sprint Cup GT World Challenge. SEASON FINISHED.

• Thread starter paoloevans
  • 990 comments
@paoloevans
Latest edit for the Spotters Guide for @ThePotatoKing 's new livery.
:cheers:

Sprint Cup GT World Challenge Spotter guide WIP main.png

Well that was an interesting day at the track.

Rain for the past 4 days left the track soaked for the Practice Session and then at least 1 car in the session before dumped that much oil on the track that it was everywhere. It was like driving on ice and that was on the straights, every time I went to accelerate out of a corner the rear of the car would try to try to step out and the front would try to push to the outside as well. I made the comment that I felt like I was auditioning for Dancing on Ice it was that slippery out there.

Thankfully the rest of the day remained dry, although it made nominating a time to drive to impossible in the first heat and I placed 12th. The second heat I underestimated how much the conditions had improved and although the times were more consistent, they were still too fast (compared with my nominated lap time) and I placed 13th.

The final heat went much better, as I was finally able to drive to a pace that matched my nominated target lap and placed 7th.

Have to wait for tomorrows group to run their heats to know where I sit for the round, but the weather looks like it will be worse tomorrow down there. Will get the videos up during the week.

Well that was an interesting day at the track.

Rain for the past 4 days left the track soaked for the Practice Session and then at least 1 car in the session before dumped that much oil on the track that it was everywhere. It was like driving on ice and that was on the straights, every time I went to accelerate out of a corner the rear of the car would try to try to step out and the front would try to push to the outside as well. I made the comment that I felt like I was auditioning for Dancing on Ice it was that slippery out there.

Thankfully the rest of the day remained dry, although it made nominating a time to drive to impossible in the first heat and I placed 12th. The second heat I underestimated how much the conditions had improved and although the times were more consistent, they were still too fast (compared with my nominated lap time) and I placed 13th.

The final heat went much better, as I was finally able to drive to a pace that matched my nominated target lap and placed 7th.

Have to wait for tomorrows group to run their heats to know where I sit for the round, but the weather looks like it will be worse tomorrow down there. Will get the videos up during the week.

All sounds fun mate. Well done!!

I'm able to hit low 23s in race conditions but not consistently. I haven't done a full stint free of mistakes yet, but on the plus side I've perfected my technique of running wide into the sand but avoiding spins :lol:

:lol:

It's those "sausage" kerbs that do me!:scared:

I can hit low 23s deep into the stint, maybe a 22 early on if I really push it but for now I just try to find the rhythm on that track since I don't really drive on it all too often.
I'll try to invest more time into practice after the Super Bowl :cheers:

I'm having a weird problem right now..

I moved stuff around in my apartment and I now lost my GT Sport CD. I literally can't find it right now but at least I got a few days to find it back though

Back