Sprint Cup GT World Challenge. SEASON FINISHED.

• Thread starter paoloevans
  • 990 comments
May you fare better next season if you decide you want to carry on đź‘Ť
Next season I'll surely take the Supra... or the Lexus maybe. It will be one of them for sure.

I remember the 458 really struggling anywhere there was a big change in elevation at slow speed. The drop through the esses at Mount Panorama, the corkscrew at Laguna Seca & any number of corners on Lago Maggiore reverse, all spring to mind as being especially horrible. If the rear of the car gets light on any slow corner you will end up drifting to begin with, and then after a few laps spinning, and there is very little you can do to stop it.
Exactly this!

Well... First of all, I want to apologise for quitting the race early.
I was mad, so mad with that car I couldn't be focused enough...

Didn't expected anything for quali. First mistake was the obliteration of @Totalrose on the corkscrew during his first flying lap :banghead:. Still managed to get P4. Not that bad if we consider this was my first ever race on this track on GT Sport.

The race went outrageously bad. I was constantly fighting against the car and obviously the spin was inevitable. Then it's just the butterfly effect that takes place. The car spins, so it wears out the rear tires, which overheat at the same time so the car becomes even less stable and spins again a few turns afterwards. I prefered to finish my race into the pits instead of being a mobile chicane for everyone, as I've lost all motivation at this point...

It's wierd because I experienced the best and the worst with this car accross this season. I really wanted to understand what's the main issue. I took a few hours to analyse every replay from every race and I think I finally know why I struggle with this car :

This video is composed by 4 different laps. The first two were my fastests laps from Round 1 and 2 and and the two others were my fastest lap of Round 4 and my last lap before pitting.

We can see several things here :

• Yes, it's possible to go fast with this car, I can't deny that.

• The main reason why the 458 was good at Monza and Spa was because the weak tyre degradation on those tracks. We all know this car eats the rear quite fast but the shape of those tracks permits to the car to exploit his potential longer. I'm not saying that the car is easy to drive on fresh tyres. It's still required finesse on both tracks.

• The 458 hates slow corners. Especially when trailbraking is a thing. Usually when I drive an FR car , I like to have a positve brake bias so I can "throw" and rotate the car into the corner. The thing with this car is the fact that she rotate too much. You can see my inputs on the video at 3:09 when I needed to countersteer a little and for a whole lap from 6:19 till the end. The comment sense at this point would be to play with the brake bias but I've done every race on -5. That mean the car can't be more stable than this. It was also a big issue at Brands and Laguna, especially when tyres started to fade off.

• The car also have problems with curbs. I have the casio chicane from suzuka in mind. During that race, I remembered closing in to @Lost Sheltie and losing 3 tenths at this exact point because the car couldn't pass that curb without loosing stability (most FR cars can easily pass that by smashing the throttle down).

If we resume, this car destroys his rear tyres, tries to kill you at every braking zone, doesen't like to turn at low speed and have issues with curb. You may ask at this point : "Why telling us all of this? It's sounds like a rant". Is this a rant? To be honest a little bit. But if I wrote this, it's because maybe some of you guys have tips to help me to drive this car. Some people were able to qualify on World Tours with this. That means theres a way to keep this car straight.

Quite a long post eh? Thank you if you took the time to read everything.đź‘Ť

I've never driven the 458, I'm going to try to at some point to experience it, but it sounds like a car with a high maximum potential, but one that Is very very hard to drive in certain conditions ( like worn tyres, strong elevation change ), I can see why it would be a challenge through a season when it comes to tracks like Laguna and Brands.

You did very well though mate, I mean Spa was an awesome battle, I think you were faster that day, the FL proved it. With a more consistent car like the ones you mentioned you will fly in FIA :cheers:

And hopefully Nurburgring suits it a little more ( except the last chicane maybe? )

Hi there. Yes there is 1 space available for the finale. I'll add you to the entry list in the Beetle :):cheers:

Welcome to the series mate:tup:

Cheers. This will be my livery for the race

PXL_20210215_004940259.jpg
PXL_20210215_005000358.jpg

Last edited:
It was a nice race (with a much better tire wear), but I still have huge problems with the lapping cars :( . I see a blue flag and I just forget to drive in straight line :( .

Congratulations to the race/category and overall championship winners :) !

Hi everyone. For those of you that are planning on sticking around for Season 5 of the Sprint Cup I have 2 proposed calendars here for you to vote on. The series will remain an International one so it will be keeping the Sprint Cup GT World Challenge Title.

I understand that we may loose some of you when GT7 comes out :dopey:

Calendar 1:

R1: Brands Hatch
R2: Catalunya
R3: Bathurst
R4: Laguna Seca
R5: Spa-Francorchamps (DRY)
R6: Interlagos

Calender 2:

R1: Monza
R2: Laguna Seca
R3: Spa-Francorchamps (WET)
R4: Brands Hatch
R5: Le Mans
R6: Suzuka

To vote just comment 1 or 2 in the forum here :)

As you probably noticed I'm keeping the "real world circuit" theme going.

Cheers all,

Paul.

The vote will close on Tuesday 23rd February :cheers:

@Invisigoth @Lazybike @Raptor013 @GTP_Guido @Philtaylor17 @Spinerkopin @Kuraudo @Mark blacky @Totalrose @kungtotte_ @llNovall @ThePotatoKing @Dimentor @Sniparator @Roman_GT23 @Drex124 @Autograss_Mad @Lost Sheltie @PTLobo2

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back