Sprint Cup GT World Challenge. SEASON FINISHED.

• Thread starter paoloevans
  • 990 comments
@paoloevans thank you for the season :) ! It was a great season again :) ! :cheers:
Congratulations for everyone + of course the category winners :) !
@Invisigoth the first few laps was amazing! I've never been in this kind of racing. Most of the times everybody just leave me in the dust :D . It was awesome to fight a little :) . I hope we can race again next season ;) .

Your welcome Dex. Next season your battles with @Invisigoth will be for Class honours ;):cheers:

Last edited:
Round 6 Nurburgring Photo's Part 1

7350509089669022736_0.jpg
7358953328235020312_0.jpg
7358953338838220816_0.jpg
7359516278591095824_0.jpg

I'm surprised you managed to find shots of my car facing forwards, since I spent a lot of my time facing backwards!

@Invisigoth the first few laps was amazing! I've never been in this kind of racing. Most of the times everybody just leave me in the dust :D . It was awesome to fight a little :) . I hope we can race again next season ;)

Hehe you were faster. The only reason you didn't pass me on the second corner of the first lap was due to my erratic driving! It was less about trying to drive fast and more about trying to stay on track! I was struggling to brake in a strait line and the back end was all over the place!

Last edited:
Great racing all season everyone :cheers:

Congratulations @Lazybike @Spinerkopin

And also @Totalrose for the Silver Cup Championship, and @kungtotte_ @paoloevans @GTP_Guido

Special thanks to @paoloevans for a fantastic series, fun and well organised from start to finish - thank you! :cheers:

And also to @Raptor013 - loved watching the race highlights, and @llNovall for the awesome spotters guide!

Final race pictures :(

View attachment 997602 View attachment 997603 View attachment 997604 View attachment 997605

Maybe we'll see you back for Season 6? :P;):lol:

This season has been a big success. The numbers have been strong in every race and it's evolved yet again from what it was when I started the Sprint Cup back in 2019 (I think?:lol:)

Cheers Phil. Wish you all the best in where and what you race next! :cheers:

Maybe we'll see you back for Season 6? :P;):lol:

This season has been a big success. The numbers have been strong in every race and it's evolved yet again from what it was when I started the Sprint Cup back in 2019 (I think?:lol:)

Cheers Phil. Wish you all the best in where and what you race next! :cheers:

Thanks @paoloevans and the same to you:cheers: I thought it was full already?

It was certainly fun trying to match your times. @Philtaylor17 even though I think the closest I got was my efforts at Laguna Seca.

Great fun racing with you mate :) @Raptor013 best of luck next season :cheers:

Last edited:
I'm surprised you managed to find shots of my car facing forwards, since I spent a lot of my time facing backwards!

Hehe you were faster. The only reason you didn't pass me on the second corner of the first lap was due to my erratic driving! It was less about trying to drive fast and more about trying to stay on track! I was struggling to brake in a strait line and the back end was all over the place!
Probably you felt I was faster (the radar/mirror is an evil thing :D ), but I wasn't :D . I never managed to get close enough even for a dive bomb + your Corvette just pulled away from me every straight :) .

Probably you felt I was faster (the radar/mirror is an evil thing :D ), but I wasn't :D . I never managed to get close enough even for a dive bomb + your Corvette just pulled away from me every straight :) .

Yeh, I did see you on the radar and also on the screen (I use chase view), and the only reason you couldn't get past me was because of my erratic swerving from one side of the track to the other... some of the people lapping me can attest to that! I think the only person that lapped me with out me ending up blocking them at some stage, or me flying off the road and into the sand, was @Raptor013, that pass was butter.

After you passed me (because I slid off), I maintained a gap of about 10s behind you, but over several laps that became 11s, then 12, then 30s (after I came off again). I was lapped twice by P1 and P2, so I'm guessing at some point, maybe when I pitted, you lapped me. :crazy:

Yeh, I did see you on the radar and also on the screen (I use chase view), and the only reason you couldn't get past me was because of my erratic swerving from one side of the track to the other... some of the people lapping me can attest to that! I think the only person that lapped me with out me ending up blocking them at some stage, or me flying off the road and into the sand, was @Raptor013, that pass was butter.

After you passed me (because I slid off), I maintained a gap of about 10s behind you, but over several laps that became 11s, then 12, then 30s (after I came off again). I was lapped twice by P1 and P2, so I'm guessing at some point, maybe when I pitted, you lapped me. :crazy:

Yeah, passing you guys at the back of the field sometimes can be the pass of the race given the speed differences. But as long as you maintain a single line (when being lapped) its up to us faster drivers to find a way through even if that means we loss a few seconds through a hard to pass section mo track.

Yeah, passing you guys at the back of the field sometimes can be the pass of the race given the speed differences. But as long as you maintain a single line (when being lapped) its up to us faster drivers to find a way through even if that means we loss a few seconds through a hard to pass section mo track.

Yeh, I have a bad habit when I notice someone about to pass me, usually with a corner coming up, of looking to see what side of me they are on and pulling over to the opposite side and slamming on the brakes so they can sling shot forward and still get in position for the corner. Inevitably they have moved to the same side and nearly hit me :crazy:.!

Yeh, I have a bad habit when I notice someone about to pass me, usually with a corner coming up, of looking to see what side of me they are on and pulling over to the opposite side and slamming on the brakes so they can sling shot forward and still get in position for the corner. Inevitably they have moved to the same side and nearly hit me :crazy:.!

Yeah, this is something that comes up all the time in drivers briefings for multi-class series.

The basic rule is it is the overtaking cars job to safely make the pass on the car being lapped. And for the lapped car to hold a steady line (this includes through corners) so as to be predictable to the faster car.

By all means if the car making the pass is almost alongside you you can roll out of the throttle or brake earlier to make it easier for them (and you as well). However sticking to one line (or even indicating which side you are going to leave open) helps both drivers continue their race drama free.

Yeah, this is something that comes up all the time in drivers briefings for multi-class series.

The basic rule is it is the overtaking cars job to safely make the pass on the car being lapped. And for the lapped car to hold a steady line (this includes through corners) so as to be predictable to the faster car.

By all means if the car making the pass is almost alongside you you can roll out of the throttle or brake earlier to make it easier for them (and you as well). However sticking to one line (or even indicating which side you are going to leave open) helps both drivers continue their race drama free.

Spot on this 👍:D

However sticking to one line (or even indicating which side you are going to leave open) helps both drivers continue their race drama free.

And there's the rub, I've seen two schools of thought with regards to indicating. This is something I've come across both in online racing, as well as track days. One is you indicate which side you want to be passed on, the other is you indicate which direction you intend to go (as in what you would do on a public road). Clearly IMSA drivers do no adhere to this convention, since they drive in the wrong direction on the road and never signal for the roundabout ..forget which street course. Unless there has been a consensus beforehand, the driver behind may decide to pass on the side you are about to go.

I'm pretty sure IMSA, FIA and CAMS have a common set of rules for this, but I'm not sure what that is. As an actual driver (I'm guessing under CAMS rules?), @Raptor013 *would* know what the actual convention is.

Edit: I believe the round about is at LongBeach.

Last edited:
It's better to not signal but to pick a line and stick to it. If you're hugging the side of the track the overtaking driver isn't going to try coming around the outside, they'll go up the inside. That way there's no confusion, the only space for them to overtake is on the inside, and it's easier for you to stay on the outside around a corner than to run a tight line that still leaves space.

I was in a big void so (before and after the pit) I had no idea where I was exactly but I think we finished in the same lap :) .
This track imho was a good one for the faster players :) . Most of the time I have great difficulties to let the faster cars go, but this time I think it was ok. Brands Hatch? That will be a very different one :S . Last time I caused so much mayhem... I just rage quit :( :( :( .

Back