SRM has moved over to the pcars2 section, see ya on the other side!PS4 

• Thread starter mphile77
  • 4,511 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
:gtpflag:Race Day Alert :gtpflag:

Ok guys tonight we will do something a bit different. So i hope everyone has read and understands how tonight works with Mojave Gila Crest(if not check out page one please!!!) After Mojave we then go to the rain soaked Watkins Glen Short :eek:, good luck seeing :banghead: anything unless your the leader :lol:. I do believe the mandatory pit stop has been removed for tonights race at the Glen, @sgohsixthree will have to confirm this for us. Also :bowdown: Mcinnis will be hosting tonight's events, so please be on the lookout for his invites, see everyone tonight :cheers:!!!

Sorry for double post but 2 totally different subjects that don't merge together so it's legal :D

Actually its a sport touring bike, i know right :confused:. Its a kawasaki versys 650, which is basically a more upright position 650R ninja underneath. Ive had sport bikes in the past, and i would say this thing handles as good as many of them 👍. I would even say as good as my Ducati (maybe :scared:). So I stripped it down to bare bones removing all luggage and gadgets, and safety wired stuff to pass rules. The bike was bought and paid for so i kinda decided the hell with it, lets rip :D. This is my first track days, and kinda my way of leaning of not riding on public roads, people just dont pay attention out there. I should have some gopro footage 👍
You will have a blast and a day at the track will definitely improve your skills. Lots of leverage on that style of bike to throw it around! My buddy does track days on his BMW R1200GS and humbles many sportbikes!
I was wondering what track, I raced at many tracks throughout the USA. What Ducati model did you own?
Hope you don't mind the off topic but it is race track related!

You will have a blast and a day at the track will definitely improve your skills. Lots of leverage on that style of bike to throw it around! My buddy does track days on his BMW R1200GS and humbles many sportbikes!
I was wondering what track, I raced at many tracks throughout the USA. What Ducati model did you own?
Hope you don't mind the off topic but it is race track related!
Oh yeah sorry I forgot track, we will be at VIR north course I believe? And then next month i will be at Palmer as well, if all goes right?

The Duc was 750 monster, loved it, but it fell apart like a Harley every week :lol:

Last edited:
:gtpflag:Race Day Alert :gtpflag:

Ok guys tonight we will do something a bit different. So i hope everyone has read and understands how tonight works with Mojave Gila Crest(if not check out page one please!!!) After Mojave we then go to the rain soaked Watkins Glen Short :eek:, good luck seeing :banghead: anything unless your the leader :lol:. I do believe the mandatory pit stop has been removed for tonights race at the Glen, @sgohsixthree will have to confirm this for us. Also :bowdown: Mcinnis will be hosting tonight's events, so please be on the lookout for his invites, see everyone tonight :cheers:!!!

Sorry for double post but 2 totally different subjects that don't merge together so it's legal :D

Yes, I'll be hosting tonight so be on the lookout for a vite from smcinnis.

Changes to the races tonight:

Gila crest: fuel usage will be set to off

Watkins glen: mandatory pit removed and tire wear turned off.

Was running into issues with the forced default tuning with the way these races were setup and their weather or lack of a pit box. Rather than try and make sure everyone does a workaround to make sure it doesn't happen, I figured it's just easier to make it a non issue.

Hope to see you all tonight!

:gtpflag:Recap down below :gtpflag:

radical1080-png.629648

TOTALLY RADICAL SERIES
FIRST EVER SRM TEAM SERIES!
Lots of Notes to read below, so please read and don't hesitate to ask questions.

Radical SR3 RS

Forced Default Setup
All Aids Allowed
Real Tire Wear | Real Fuel Usage
Visual Damage | Mechanical Failures Off

:gtpflag: 4/4 :gtpflag:

Round 1 - Willow Springs
24 Laps
Start Time: 6:00 | 5x
Light Cloud | Clear | 30x

Round 2 - Imola
19 Laps
Start Time: 15:00 | 5x
Light Cloud | Med Cloud | 30x

:gtpflag: 4/11 :gtpflag:

Round 3 - Mojave: Gila Crest (See Schedule Notes Below)
25 Laps | Rolling Manual Start | Fuel Usage Off
Start Time: 12:00 | Real
Overcast | Hazy | Clear | 30x

Round 4 - Watkins Glen Short
25 Laps | Tire wear off
Start Time: 6:00 | 5x
Thunderstorm | Heavy Fog with Rain | Light Rain | Overcast | 30x

:gtpflag: 4/18 :gtpflag:

Round 5 - Silverstone: Stowe Circuit (See Schedule Notes Below)
35 Laps | Rolling Manual Start
Start Time: 8:00 | Real
Fog | Heavy Cloud | 30x

Round 6 - Rouen Les Essarts Short
17 Laps
Start Time: 12:00 | Real
Clear

--- Teams / Liveries / Numbers ---
Teammates will be decided based off the results of the Ginetta Junior 2 Series. Upon completion of that series, drivers will be tagged to notify of their teammate, team and livery/number. Teams will be aligned as followed:

1st & 16th, 2nd & 15th, 3rd & 14th, 4th & 13th, 5th & 12th, 6th & 11th, 7th & 10th, 8th & 9th.

Please do not post livery selections. Teams and Liveries will be randomly assigned after teammates are decided. Reserves will auto join the first team to be missing a driver.

TEAM ESPANA
@mphile77 #15
@bloodyboyblue #16

TASHIMO MOTORSPORT
@MrGrim #11
@etcetera_997 #12

TEAM BRAZIL
@mexxifrieboy #30
@Br1mann #31

TEAM ITALIA
@Eh Team #5
@steph67 #6

PETROBLAST
@SGETI #23
@sgohsixthree #24

YIROTIRES

@coltsjugg #1
@HOBBZ #2

KEROSENE MOTORSPORT
@Mike Lobban #829
@yogi bear #830

DOMINUM MUSK (Inactive)

XXI #3
VRT #4

--- Team Points, Bonus Points & Scoring ---
The points system will award every driver points, 30-1. Driver points will be added up and averaged to total Team points. Teams with only 1 driver will have their imaginary teammates points based on the inverse of their finishing position. So a driver that finishes 1st without a teammate will add 16th place points to the team, 2nd will add 15th place points. ect.

2 Bonus points will be awarded to drivers on teams that finish in consecutive position. Example, teams that place 1st and 2nd, or 2nd and 3rd, but not 1st and third. Teams with only 1 driver will be ineligible for Bonus points

--- Schedule Notes ---
Two of the races in this series (Gila Crest & Stowe) do not allow for Practice or Qualifying Sessions. Since these two tracks will be the first races of their respective evenings, instead of the standard 1 hour Qualifying and 5 minute warmup before the first race, we will use the following schedule:

7:30 EST - Lobby Opens / Invites out
7:40 EST - Warmup Race 1 (10 Mins)
7:50 EST - Break / Invites
7:55 EST - Warmup Race 2 (10 Mins)
8:05 EST - Break / Invites
8:10 EST - Qualifying Race (15 Mins)
8:25 EST - Break / Grid Order Posted in Race Control Chat
8:35 EST - Race Start

Grid Position will be determined by fastest lap times of qualifying race, not finishing position of the Qualifying Race.

This is obviously something we have not tried before, and might be confusing, but it's all in the name of fun, so we will see how it goes!

Last edited: Friday at 10:11 PM

ATTENTION

there is a new PS4 System Software update. Please try and get on early so you can download and install this update.

<3

Enjoyed both races again this week (well I enjoyed the first one at least last week)...Sorry to @Br1mann and @Mike Lobban on the first race, both of your cars lost power at really weird places and I couldn't really do anything. I was sure it was lag foreshadowing of my disconnection but apparently it wasn't. Br1 seemed like he was going around anyway but lobban got pushed off by me.

Second race was fun as long as it was wet, when it dried out it was hard. Hard to pass, lapped traffic made it difficult, and I had to dive bomb @yogi bear for position not once but twice and made it stick both times somehow, don't usually drive like that but that's the only opportunity that presented itself...

Yeah buddies! Well that was far more eventful than I anticipated, but most everyone seemed to settle in nicely. Thanks to everyone for hanging in there while I experimented with the race settings, using confusing warmup and qualifying at Mojave. We ran a little late so you might have noticed I cut a few laps off of each race.

Next week we'll do the same first race setup again @ the Silverstone Stowe Circuit. All I ask is everyone cross the finish line once the qualifying race ends. Looking forward to the finale still really any teams race!

SRM - Series Results 2017 - Radical2.png

Humble pie, i have a whole truck full :indiff:, Mcinnis you definitely win the award for hardest series to date :bowdown:. #balltap

I dunno, I know a few guys who would say that M1 can go to hell. :lol: Yah know... you COULD run stability or TC. I mean, you don't always have to be a tough guy. :sly:

Attachments

• SRM - Series Results 2017 - Radical2.pdf
    510.8 KB · Views: 9
Silverstone is going to be quite fun.
And just to clarify, If bloody finishs in last next week without Mphile, they still get 31 points? I think I heard you mention that yesterday.

Silverstone is going to be quite fun.
And just to clarify, If bloody finishs in last next week without Mphile, they still get 31 points? I think I heard you mention that yesterday.
Pretty sure it wont matter at this point, do you even lift bro :confused:

:gtpflag:April 25th :gtpflag:

img_0384-jpg.638367

:gtpflag:Created by Sgeti :gtpflag:

-The Ariel Atom 500 V8 enduro
-Dubai National for 42 Laps
-Weather--> overcast-medium clouds-clear (weather set on sync to race)
-Race starts at 6:00 at 5x time progression
-Visual damage only
-No mechanical failure
-Tire wear 5x
-Fuel real
-Traction control only allowed!!! No ABS or stability controlled will be used

1)sgeti-
2)mphile-
3)Mcinnis-
4)Br-
5)mexi-
6)eh-
7)colt-
8)lobban-
9)bear-
10)hobbz-
11)boomer-
12)grim-
13)ipecac-
14)
15)
16)
Please put me down for the Enduro race, even if I have a dentist who will prowl do most of you an international favor o.O

Ok guys... doing some brainstorming.

Would you rather do a Nurburgring 24HR Endurance or LeMans 24HR endurance for a night? Both would be multi-class.

*Insert "Why Not Both" Meme Below*

Ok guys... doing some brainstorming.

Would you rather do a Nurburgring 24HR Endurance or LeMans 24HR endurance for a night? Both would be multi-class.

*Insert "Why Not Both" Meme Below*
Nurb, just because we never go there :D, just my 2-cents. I would not be upset going to LeMans either :D.

The Nurb. Although I love it, I also hate that the track is sort of narrow and hard to pass on... I held eh team behind me for most of a lap just because there was no room for him to try and pass me, not even enough room for a shenanigans and a GET .

I like all this Nurb love im reading :D, i think it's pretty cool how as a group all imput is used and taken into consideration here at SRM. Now if we could somehow find a way to wake the other 3/4 of the group up to give their opinion that would be awesome! Come on guys, you have a voice, so jump in and lets hear it! Mcinnis is trying to plan for the group, not just the 6 guys who have responded so far :confused:. This has been a public service announcement :lol::lol::lol:

Hahah I'll bite. Last time I did the ring was in GT4. Not a huge fan but wouldn't sit out the race if we picked it. My only ask would be a forgiving car because there is no way I'll memorize the course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back