SRM has moved over to the pcars2 section, see ya on the other side!PS4 

  • Thread starter Thread starter mphile77
  • 4,511 comments
  • 268,630 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
:gtpflag::gtpflag: RACE DAY ALERT! :gtpflag::gtpflag:

CLICK HERE FOR THE DETAILS

Tonight we do a One-Night-Shootout: Octoberfest Flashback Night! 3 events roughly 20 minutes each, with 15 minute breaks for qualifying in between.

Room opens @ 7:30PM EST, First Race starts @ 5:30PM EST.

We will also officially announce the new series to start next week soon! Like, within a few hours soon.

Please note: Mphile is unsure if he will be able to make it tonight, so if you'd like to join, please be sure to send me a friend request on PSN (smcinnis) as I'll be hosting this evening.

Hope to see you guys tonight!​
 
whats an internet? im looking forward to some fing
 
What car are YOU using for the GT4 race? I think the Aston has a nice interior so I'm choosing that.
 
lmp2B.png

SRM LMP2 Series

:gtpflag:10/25/16 :gtpflag:

Zolder - 22 laps

6:00 Start Time
Heavy Fog - Light rain - Overcast - Medium Cloud
Time Progression - x2

Watkins Glen GP - 26 laps
10:00 Start Time
Medium Cloud - Overcast - Overcast - Clear
Real Time


:gtpflag:11/1/16 :gtpflag:

Catalunya GP - 25 laps

16:00 Start Time
Clear
Time Progression - x5

Sonoma GP - 30 Laps
14:00 Start Time
Clear
Real Time


:gtpflag:11/8/16 :gtpflag:

Hockenheim GP - 26 Laps

7:00 Start Time
Heavy Fog - Heavy Fog - Overcast - Heavy Cloud
Time Progression - x2

Imola - 25 Laps
13:00 Start Time
Clear
Time Progression - x10


:gtpflag:11/15/16 :gtpflag:

Spa - 19 Laps

18:00 Start Time
Overcast - Clear
Time Progression - x5

Road America - 20 Laps
6:00 Start Time
Fog - Medium Cloud - Clear
Time Progression - x2


---------GENERAL SETTINGS---------​


Tire/Fuel: Real
All Aids Allowed
Damage: Visual Only
Mechanical Damage: Off
Penalties: On
Current Date
Weather: Sync to Race

---------AVAILABLE MAKES---------

Alpine A450 LMP2
Marek RP 219D
Oreca 03 LMP2
RWD Motorsports P20 LMP2

Please reply with what vehicle and livery/number you would like to run.

---------SCORING CHANGES---------​


A couple things will change for this series. Moving forward we'll see how they play out to possibly adapt to future series.

Instead of the F1 scoring system of top 10 get points we have previously been running, all drivers who finish the race will now receive points FIA style. 30pts for 1st, 1pt for 16th and everything in between. Should make for some tighter scoring!

Instead of Pole and Fastest lap bonus points, we will be trying something new: Biggest Mover bonus points. This will award the driver with the greatest number of positions gained or lost during a race with 2 bonus points. In the event of a tie, the driver with the highest, and lowest starting positions are awarded 1 point instead of 2. We'll see how this plays out this series.

Big props to @GTracerEHTeam for putting the series together.

:cheers:​
 
Last edited:
Oreca 03 LMP2 - Beneen #46
 
Flashback Lobby is open. Add me on PSN if you haven't already.

smcinnis
 
Took me till almost 8:30 to get my internet to work, since it stops working every time it rains. Then got connected to the lobby, disconnected, then my invite didn't work, saying it was full or nonexistent. Internet's probably still too patchy to last a whole race anyway
 
@Samsung1998race

great first race. we came together, then continued racing in same order. bumper to bumpber. :bowdown::bowdown:

edit.

Better second race finish. I'm still shaking my head on last lap, took it to cautious and look what happened.

The third race I can file in the trash.

Thanks for a great night of racing.
 
Last edited:
Pretty solid night! Thanks to all who made it out, it stayed pretty competitive all the way through. And of course we were all happy to see @Samsung1998race show up just to school us a bit. :sly:

Here are the results of the evening!

SRM - Series Results - 2016 Octoberfest Flashback Night.jpg


Again, great stuff. Let's keep it rolling next week when we start the LMP2 Series!:cheers:
 
Pretty solid night! Thanks to all who made it out, it stayed pretty competitive all the way through. And of course we were all happy to see @Samsung1998race show up just to school us a bit. :sly:

Here are the results of the evening!

View attachment 598371

Again, great stuff. Let's keep it rolling next week when we start the LMP2 Series!:cheers:
Pretty sure Eh team had pole at Imola?
 
I saved the first two replays. How the hell do I watch them?
 
I'm changing livery to the #28 Racing Welt machine, if that's alright.
 
#67 Kratos RWD, or the almost ESM Marek, I'm not entirely sure yet. I'll decide tonight.
 
#99 RWD for me on reserve list, cant 100% commit till bathroom works :banghead:
IMG_3270.JPG


I got a bit of work to do yet
IMG_3271.PNG
 
I did a test race at Zolder. Rain starts at the end of Lap 4 and sends sometime in Lap 12. Some beautiful views too.
 
Ok, #45 quinten Cooper linden. That flag is faster than the rest.
 
I did a test race at Zolder. Rain starts at the end of Lap 4 and sends sometime in Lap 12. Some beautiful views too.
I'm wondering, it's light rain for roughly 9 laps. By the end they are very hot and worn down a bit, front left the most. Would intermediate tires be better or they would run out even sooner?

Edit: I did say beautiful views right?

14650645_10154092641690197_5027731908913095662_n.jpg
 
Last edited:
I'm wondering, it's light rain for roughly 9 laps. By the end they are very hot and worn down a bit, front left the most. Would intermediate tires be better or they would run out even sooner?
Go run a test and let us no :D
 
DOOM just had a free update that finally gave us Arcade Mode. I'll be awhile.

Alright then, things went well. Intermediate tires last longer and don't overheat so much (going into the high 90s, even 100s), but it felt like they needed longer to feel comfortable. So I changed it up. I started a race on intermediate tires and would only pit once for softs when the rain stopped. The AI starts on softs and pits when the rain shows up. I stayed out gaining many positions, but after the pit cycle I was slowly losing time. The tires weren't wearing fast but I could tell I was having trouble coming out of the chicanes. Just had to brake and turn in harder. By the time we all went to pit for soft tires, one car had gotten passed me and after we left the pits he stayed around 3 seconds ahead of me until the end.

So you have three options:
INTERS - SOFTS
SOFTS - INTERS - SOFTS
SOFTS - RAIN - SOFTS
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back