Sim Racing Madness [SRM] simracingmadness.comPS4 

The race from a loosers perspective. Not really, I was happy with the way I finished, considering the talent of the guys in this room, very fun night. Love this car.
Colts, you're a beauty, no doubt aboot it.
Bring on some snow.
Dret was worried he was blocking me. What I saw was a guy holding defensive lines into every corner....not blocking at all. Good racing in my book. I finally got him at Mullenbach after about six laps of butt clinching action.
Thanks Sean for putting this together.

Awesome Mike! Thanks for sharing. I try and add any vids you do with us to the SRM playlist on youtube. If you remember, try adding the tag SRM to your videos so it shows there.

I edited my results post above with my stream from last night too!

Also, watching these videos reminded me of something last night. You guys all did an awesome job getting in line and starting the races! Sorry I didn't mention it earlier, but you guys made it really easy, and I appreciate everyone playing along, listening and making it pretty seamless. :cheers:

Last edited:
wes2-png.724614

Welcome to the next SRM Enduro Series! This series will be based on real life racing series, when and where they take place. It will loosely follow the schedules of the World Endurance Championship, IMSA Weathertech Sportscar Championship, 24H Series, and Intercontinental GT Challenge.

The series will have 8 total races, with each race having 2 classes Group A & B:

lmp2_gte_prof-jpg.724613
gt3_tcr_prof-jpg.724615

Over the course of the series, you will be able to use a maximum of FOUR Group A & Group B makes. You may choose any make from the available list of vehicles you wish and will not be forced to stay in the same make for subsequent races. One overall winner of the SRM World Enduro Series will be crowned.

Races will be 1 Hour 30 Minutes in length. There are TWO important changes to regulations over past races;​
  1. PERFORMANCE IMPACTING DAMAGE! Don't freak out, no matter how much you might crash your car, you will NOT be auto DQed, you will be able to continue the race. This is NOT FULL DAMAGE! So drive to the pits and repair your car.​
  2. YELLOW FLAGS / DAMAGED CAR BECOMES SAFETY CAR! If you crash to the point where you cannot get top speed or control your car safely, you may choose to become the safety car. Using game chat, please call out "SAFETY CAR" or "YELLOW" to make others aware you are driving slowly on track. All vehicles may pass and race as normal until the overall race leader is behind the crashed/safety car. Once the leader catches the safety car, they and the rest of the field must slow and follow the safety car until the safety car can enter the pitlane. No passing or overtakes of any kind are allowed until the safety car exits the track to the pitlane.​
I have a feeling these might greatly effect the finishing order and play into pit strategies. If its universally hated, it might be revoked,
but it is something I want to at least try. At the very least you guys all quit and delete me from your friends list.:lol:

----------------- SCHEDULE -----------------

May 8, 2018
Nurburgring 24H
Actual Race
GT3 | TCR

N24_weather.jpg

June 5, 2018
LeMans 24H
Actual Race
LMP2 | GTE

July 31, 2018
SPA 24H
Actual Race
GT3 | TCR

August 28, 2018
Road America
Actual Race
LMP2 | GTE

October 2, 2018
Fuji 6H
Actual Race
LMP2 | GTE

November 27, 2018
COTA 24H
Actual Race
GT3 | TCR

January 1, 2019
Daytona 24H
Actual Race
LMP2 | GTE

January 29, 2019
Bathurst 12H
Actual Race
GT3 | TCR

----------------- AVAILABLE MAKES -----------------

LMP2 (Group A)
Ligier JS P2 Honda
Ligier JS P2 Judd
Ligier JS P2 Nissan
Marek RP 219D
Oreca 03 Nissan
RWD Motorsports P20

GTE (Group B)
Aston Martin V8 Vantage GTE
Chevrolet Corvette C7.R GTE
Ferrari 488 GTE
Ford GT LM GTE
Porsche 911 RSR GTE

GT3 (Group A)
Acura NSX GT3
Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3
Audi R8 LMS / Endurance
Bentley Continental GT3 / Endurance
BMW M6 GT3
BMW Z4 GT3
Cadillac ATS-V.R GT3

Ferrari 488 GT3
Ginetta G55 GT3
Lamborghini Huracan GT3
Mclaren 650S GT3
Mercedes AMG GT3
Mercedes SLS AMG GT3
Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3
Porsche 991 GT3 R / Endurance
Renault Sport R.S.01 GT3

TCR (Group B)
BMW 320 TC
Mercedes A45 SMS-R TCC
Opel Astra TCR
Renault Mégane SMS-R TCC

realism.jpg
regs.jpg

Drivers List: Not all of the drivers guaranteed a spot will make the race, so we should have more than 4 openings. We should know for sure closer to the event.​
  1. @oldguy58
Reserve Drivers, PLEASE post here and let us know you would still like to join.​
  1. @mountie111​
  2. @slickwheels91​

Attachments

• lmp2_gte_prof.jpg
    lmp2_gte_prof.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 1,457
  • WES2.png
    WES2.png
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,544
  • gt3_tcr_prof.jpg
    gt3_tcr_prof.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 1,432
Last edited:
^ Interesting. It may bring me out of retirement.
Full damage and mechanical failure would make it challenging.

GT3: Ferrari 488 GT3 #51
GTE: Ferrari 488 GTE #53

At least the reserve driver or back up driver list.

:gtpflag: RACEDAY ALERT!! :gtpflag:

Tonight marks the end of the RX Lite Series! It's really been a blast with a lot of varied conditions and tracks, with tonight being no different. We will definitely be seeing some snow, I'm sure you guys in the North East aren't sick of that yet.:D

See everyone tonight!

Another one down! Fun series!

Mike Lobban
Stupid Car.

I should have expected a high-than-normal ratio of bumping per race with these cars and tracks, but it was still a hoot regardless. Great showing by both @mexxifrieboy and @Eh Team duking it out till the end. Unfortunately, @Eh Team 's drive thru for jumping the start of race 3 may have cost him the series win.

This series goes down as "tried that" on the list. Will for sure be in rotation for casual nights.

Next week is the penultimate round of the GT1 Enduro Series! It will be held at Monza Historic, and it will be wet! See you there!

SRM - PCARS2 Series Results - RX LItes3.jpg

Attachments

• SRM - PCARS2 Series Results - RX LItes3.pdf
    264.8 KB · Views: 11
Not sure if anyone checked the updated regulations for the race tomorrow. The weather pattern is: Med Cloud, Light Rain, Random, Random. So there is a chance of snow! The track is fast, and you should be able to set lap times pretty quick, so I recommend focusing on pit strategies just in case.

Also, on these older tracks, the starting grid is 3 wide. To circumvent this and avoid turn 1 crashes, we will be doing a formation lap, guided by the game. What this means is that you must stay in your position and UNDER 75MPH! Pay attention to the popup on your screen, it will let you know when you are going too fast or out of posiiton and give you 5 seconds to reduce speed under 75. RED is bad, green is good, just make sure its green and you stay with the pack. If you don't abide by this the game will DQ you!! No drive thru, it will DQ you and you'll have to sulk in the pits.

How many times will I have to explain this tomorrow? :lol: These are the guys who are guaranteed a spot for tomorrows GT1 Enduro.
  1. @etcetera_997
  2. @coltsjugg
  3. @sgohsixthree
  4. @CB_racer
  5. @SGETI
  6. @Mike Lobban
  7. @bloodyboyblue
  8. @mexxifrieboy
  9. @yogi bear
  10. @Vaper58
  11. @Eh Team
  12. @dret7277
  13. @aerolite
  14. @GTLehman
Reserve Drivers (Please post or message me if you'd like to join):
  1. @MRTeam
  2. @oldguy58
  3. @HOBBZ
  4. @Xenoufex
  5. @The__Camel

View attachment 724614

Welcome to the next SRM Enduro Series! This series will be based on real life racing series, when and where they take place. It will loosely follow the schedules of the World Endurance Championship, IMSA Weathertech Sportscar Championship, 24H Series, and Intercontinental GT Challenge.

The series will have 8 total races, with each race having 2 classes Group A & B:

View attachment 724613View attachment 724615

Over the course of the series, you will be able to use a maximum of 4 Group A & Group B of each class. You may choose any make in the class you wish and will not be forced to stay in the same make for subsequent races. One overall winner of the SRM World Enduro Series will be crowned.

Races will be 1 Hour 30 Minutes in length or more. Final Regulations and settings TBA!

----------------- SCHEDULE -----------------

May 8, 2018
Nurburgring 24H
Actual Race
GT3 | TCR

June 5, 2018
LeMans 24H
Actual Race
LMP2 | GTE

July 31, 2018
SPA 24H
Actual Race
GT3 | TCR

August 28, 2018
Road America
Actual Race
LMP2 | GTE

October 2, 2018
Fuji 6H
Actual Race
LMP2 | GTE

November 27, 2018
COTA 24H
Actual Race
GT3 | TCR

January 1, 2019
Daytona 24H
Actual Race
LMP2 | GTE

January 29, 2019
Bathurst 12H
Actual Race
GT3 | TCR

I am definitely interested in this!

:gtpflag:RACEDAY ALERT!! :gtpflag:

Tonight is the penultimate round of the GT1 Enduro Series! Been a lot of fun so far. Tonight is one of the faster tracks on the schedule, Monza Historic GP. That means very little heavy breaking, and after the start, you likely won't find yourself lower than 3rd gear.

Expect fast laps, and unruly weather! Only the first two spots are guaranteed, the last 2 are random! :eek: I'm hoping because the track is so straight forward, the weather and pit stops are what will provide the main challenge.

Thrown into that, we will be doing a formation lap, so PAY ATTENTION TO THE ON SCREEN PROMPT! It will tell you where you should be, start in the green. If you don't the game will DQ you!

See you all tonight!

@sgohsixthree
Is tire wear Accelerated as shown, or Authentic?

If it isn't "Accelerated" as shown, we riot.

And are you seriously going to make us do the formation lap?

Whoever is in the lead take care when going down the hill,
I didn't notice I was suddenly doing 80 instead of 74.99.
75 was too fast :dunce:

Yes it will be accelerated. Not much wear on this track as it is.

Yes on the formation lap. I feel like a track like this with these types of cars is a good precaution to take. Thing is Colts, you will probably set the fastest time and start in front to lead us. With the formation lap you might have less of a chance crashing first lap and blowing your qually time.:D Unless you DQ yourself first. :lol:

I am definitely interested in this!

Be glad to have you for that! There are likely spots open tonight as well as our series before the World Enduro series if you're interested.:cheers:

Last edited:
I tried the formation lap this morning, it's easy peasy! You will get the slow down message a lot, as soon as you go 76 or above, but 5 secs to slow is plenty, then wait for light to go green as usual.
Thanks for tire wear conformation, I asked because we changed to Authentic for last race so wasn't sure your plans for tonight.

I tried the formation lap this morning, it's easy peasy! You will get the slow down message a lot, as soon as you go 76 or above, but 5 secs to slow is plenty, then wait for light to go green as usual.
Thanks for tire wear conformation, I asked because we changed to Authentic for last race so wasn't sure your plans for tonight.

I think one of the latest patches fixed the issue we were having with it before on one of the last tracks. So back to accelerated from here on out.

That was something. Congrats to @Eh Team on taking a Toyota to victory! And Congrats to @mexxifrieboy for locking in the first SRM Enduro Series Victory!! You the champ, maybe I should make you a trophy or something. Strong showing, you don't even have to show up next race.... guess that kinda worked out for you. :lol: It's now a pretty tight points battle from 2nd on back. We'll take it to the last round the first day of May! Remember, @coltsjugg and @sgohsixthree are the only ones eligible for the bonus points.. Looks like they might make a difference!

Have to apologize to @etcetera_997 and @Mike Lobban for ruining their races. Totally my fault.

Clubsport Cup Series next week! :dunce:

SRM - PCARS2 Series Results - GT15.jpg

Attachments

• SRM - PCARS2 Series Results - GT15.pdf
    218.9 KB · Views: 11
@sgohsixthree Thanks again for a great night Shaun, love trying to strategize for the unknown, it really adds a lot to the night and can make or break a position or two. I gambled going in early for wets as I noticed a few drops, but then it didn't rain for two more laps.
It sure is a tight battle for the top ten, those two extra points are really working out for you and colts now!
And congrats @mexxifrieboy, wrapping up the season with one round left, good stuff :cheers:

My bad, sorry for quitting.

:confused::confused: thought you had issues with your pit crew?? :dunce::drool::crazy:

Wish I had discovered this Toyota before. The car just felt really good last night. Real good until I tried to adjust my pit strat. Live and learn.

Thanks for another great night of racing.

Shaun, you,didn't ruin my night.....I did that all by myself with my sub-par driving. Jeez, I was gonna be lapped by lap 10. My bad, sorry for quitting.

I can't help but feel responsible when someone doesn't have a good race or has problems. That's probably stupid of me, or maybe I did mess up some room settings or didn't test enough. I haven't reached the BoB (I DON'T GIVE A 🤬, DEAL WITH IT) status yet. :D

Glad a few of you had fun! At least the next Enduro series is drawing some interest, so hopefully the room is a bit more full for those.:gtpflag:

:confused::confused: thought you had issues with your pit crew?? :dunce::drool::crazy:

Wish I had discovered this Toyota before. The car just felt really good last night. Real good until I tried to adjust my pit strat. Live and learn.

Thanks for another great night of racing.
Don't worry I'll keep practicing lol maybe I'll miss next race to make it look closer in points lol

Hey drivers sorry I had to disappear for awhile, had to take some time away from the ps4 it was annoying me too much. But If there's a reserved list for Tuesday you can toss me on it ill take a look at the car/s to pick later on

Hey drivers sorry I had to disappear for awhile, had to take some time away from the ps4 it was annoying me too much. But If there's a reserved list for Tuesday you can toss me on it ill take a look at the car/s to pick later on

You can take my spot depending on the rules for 'Reserve Drivers.'
I've been practicing the upcoming 'World Enduro Series' :bowdown: in single player mode.
I found a sweet spot in the AI settings which gives me a great challenge and no AI crashes. :eek:
4 classes: LMP2. GT3, GT5, and Touring Cars. 30 cars on the track is insane.
So far two hours at the Ring has been exhausting. :crazy: Finished third in class behind nimble BMW and a Lambo.

LATER, Gentlemen and good luck to all. 👍

I heard that you may be changing the bonus points for the Endurance series. A solid 40 points seems fair?

Also I guess, #145 for the Porsche that suddenly appeared in my garage.

:gtpflag: RACEDAY ALERT :gtpflag:

Tonight we start the Clubsport Cup! Grab your Porsche GT4s and let's hit the track! We'll be doing a tour of California at Long Beach and Sonoma. Hope to see everyone there! I got interest from a couple others who may be joining us as well, so play nice with any new guys. :D

Also I guess, #145 for the Porsche that suddenly appeared in my garage.

Been there the whole time bro. :lol:

Back