SRX: The Game Trailer

• Thread starter ICEYOU3
  • 25 comments
Revealing a game a week before release? It's an interesting strategy, guess they forgot to budget for marketing.

Last edited:
I take it that it’s a mobile game ? Because that’s the ****tiest looking game I’ve seen in quite a while

I take it that it’s a mobile game ? Because that’s the ****tiest looking game I’ve seen in quite a while
That's because Monster Games uses the Unity Engine for their games which is a mobile centric engine that is probably not ideal for console games. The sound as well as the gameplay look fine though.

The fact you aren't willing to pay it
Well that would be an assumption

doesn't change the fact it's a budget title.
It's doesn't make it one either, and in comparison to the developers and publishers past titles in the Tony Stewart releases it isn't one either.

Screenshot_20210525_233511.jpg

Last edited:

Well, when you don't give me much info I kind of have to.

It's doesn't make it one either, and in comparison to the developers and publishers past titles in the Tony Stewart releases it isn't one either.

Well, it sure as hell isn't a AAA title, which more or less puts it in the budget category.

View attachment 1013180
I think the first two games that Monster Games did for Mr Stewart , was a disservice to him.

Having said that if they have improved the driving physics to be fun to drive , i would be okay with that and would want to play it .

I guess we will see in a few days .

Yes to them using a better game engine in the future , that would be investment i hope they want to make .

Well, when you don't give me much info I kind of have to.
Not really, it actually gives you two options apart from assuming. The first being just don't assume and the second being to ask!

Well, it sure as hell isn't a AAA title, which more or less puts it in the budget category.
I would argue that it sits in an uncomfortable middle-ground between the two. The first two Tony Stewart titles clock in at under £25 each, which is closer to the average budget title price (roughly £25 to £30), and in the territory of something people would take a punt on. At £40 it lands pretty much half-way between that and full price releases (£50 to £55).

As I'm on PC I have the advantage that I can effectively demo it for a couple of hours and get a refund if needed.

That's because Monster Games uses the Unity Engine for their games which is a mobile centric engine that is probably not ideal for console games. The sound as well as the gameplay look fine though.

Unity isn't a bad engine (not now anyway, it was really limited early on), it's just that it's not well suited for physics-heavy games and never really was. Unreal Engine 4 would probably be better, but I don't think it has the ease of use or incredibly small licensing cost that Unity does, so... y'know.

£30.99 on Steam, which is a far more realistic price.

Downloading and will see if I can give it a go over the weekend.

Has anyone been playing this?? I bought it on a whim, and it's pretty fun. Quick jump in a go racing on tight short tracks. The Super Late Model dlc is a blast too.

Has anyone been playing this?? I bought it on a whim, and it's pretty fun. Quick jump in a go racing on tight short tracks. The Super Late Model dlc is a blast too.
I am waiting for a sale but what I've seen so far, it looks like it is a great title. The Super Late Models are very very hard to resist.

I am waiting for a sale but what I've seen so far, it looks like it is a great title. The Super Late Models are very very hard to resist.
I've noticed the Tony Stewart games don't seem to go on sale very often, and when they do it's for like 20% off.

I picked up SRX too and what can I say.....It does everything, simply everything better than NASCAR Ignition gameplay wise. Monster Games has done an outstanding job with the Unity engine.

The career is likeable and it reminds me of WRC. SRX is an improvement over Tony Stewart's All American Racing and steps ahead of the Heat series.

IMG_20211128_123626_128.jpg

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back