Standard cars; exterior customization gone?

Messages
3,206
Canada
2.2L Camry
Messages
NissanSkylineN1
Messages
Xbox??? Who is this Xbox??
I was thinking, since we know we can add exterior customizations to cars in GT5 (bumpers etc.) but the G37 that has the customization is a premium since PD has apparently only shown us premium cars. So does that mean that standard cars will have exterior customization limits?
 
The G37 was done by JR Rocha.

No one knows the extent of the customization yet.
 
if there'll a customization like that it will be of course only for premium.
 
we don't know anything about customisation yet, how it applies to standard or premium. I have a feeling it might be the thing they're withholding. I asked on the twitter Q&A "how will we be able to customise cars in GT5?" and kaz said "customisation will be better than GT4". Apart from guessing that's all we've heard about it.
 
give me the link
 
This is the ONLY are that concerns me. The rest (IE-cockpits, etc.) doesn't bother me.

I want to be able to customize all of the cars. It doesn't even matter if the Premium cars can be done in more detail then the Standard ones.

I just want to make the car mine.
 
I was thinking, since we know we can add exterior customizations to cars in GT5 (bumpers etc.) but the G37 that has the customization is a premium since PD has apparently only shown us premium cars. So does that mean that standard cars will have exterior customization limits?

I said this 2 days ago.
We will still have customization but I don't see how we can have any visual mods like body kits and even liveries.
 
I said this 2 days ago.
We will still have customization but I don't see how we can have any visual mods like body kits and even liveries.

I can agree with you on the livery issue. I do believe we will be able to paint the cars (some of them).

However, the most likely thing to occur when it comes to customizing the exterior will be -
- Rear Wing
- Front Splitter
- Rims and tires

August can't get here soon enough.
 
I can agree with you on the livery issue. I do believe we will be able to paint the cars (some of them).

However, the most likely thing to occur when it comes to customizing the exterior will be -
- Rear Wing
- Front Splitter
- Rims and tires

August can't get here soon enough.

No doubt hopefully one of those big announcement is a livery editor 👍
 
Oh, God.

I see everyone's imaginations are running away with them. Firstly premium and standard cars, then premium and standard circuits, now premium and standard customisation. With everyone at each other's throats over it and emotions running high, no-one really knows what they're talking about.
 
This standard VS premium thing started back in 2006 and TGS :lol:
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/734/734938p1.html

Yamauchi provided a summary of what's known about GTHD so far, including the split in modes between classic and premium. Just to avoid confusion, we'll repeat the details here. Classic mode is GT4 in high-definition and a few other visual enhancements. The mode will be playable exclusively through downloadable cars and tracks. Premium mode is a single player preview of Gran Turismo 5, featuring a full-fledged PS3 graphics engine and detailed tracks and car models.
So why are we getting this fragmented download project instead of the real GT5? Yamauchi discussed some of the logistics behind making the next Gran Turismo. "Creating a car for GT4 took approximately one month. This time, it takes half a year," explained Yamauchi, referring to the development of a car for the premium mode of GT HD (that is to say, cars at the GT5 spec level). "The amount of data for each car is approximately 20 times that of GT4."
 
If you can only customize 200 cars with most of them being thoroughbred racers, I think that will be the straw that breaks the camels back.

I foresee an army rising from the depths of gtplanet and storming polyphony digital's offices.:lol:

That is if its true :p
 
There will be customization in GT5,
but most likely limited only to Premium cars, as the design of the Standard cars does not allow that level of customisation...

That would be my thoughts on this subject.
Mark my words ;)

We will still be able to customize the Standard cars, but only the way we have been doing in previous GT games...

Please dont hurt yourself upon reading this ;) ... it is what it is...

Full customization would require Full redesign of all cars to Premium level.

Peace out! 👍
 
most of them will not be racers, the 70 cars in GT5:P didn't have too many racers. Only the F1 car. And a bunch of pretuned PD cars which are not racing cars
 
I said this 2 days ago.
We will still have customization but I don't see how we can have any visual mods like body kits and even liveries.

Why not liveries? Makes no difference whether it's a standard car or premium when it comes to liveries.
 
I hope the aftermarket wheels will be 'premium' objects because the 2d flat ones in gt4 bothered me. Put the new modeled wheels on the upscaled gt4 cars and they will be fine.
 
No doubt hopefully one of those big announcement is a livery editor 👍

My guess is the "undisclosed" feature is the customization (including livery) of the cars.

I expect some fantastic elements with the premium vehicles, and with the standard cars I see something better then what was featured in GT4.
 
This is the ONLY are that concerns me. The rest (IE-cockpits, etc.) doesn't bother me.

I want to be able to customize all of the cars. It doesn't even matter if the Premium cars can be done in more detail then the Standard ones.

I just want to make the car mine.
Same here. I would point out that GT1 and 2 cars were of way less detail than GT4 models, and yet we could race mod them. And okay, they were preset, but the work on GT5 is of such secrecy that you honestly can't say what will be offered in GT5. I wouldn't count anything out, other than 1000-plus Premium cars. ;)

There's nothing wrong with hoping, compared to stating wishes as fact.
 
most of them will not be racers, the 70 cars in GT5:P didn't have too many racers. Only the F1 car. And a bunch of pretuned PD cars which are not racing cars

yes but the other will be super gt, nascar and wrc.
 
I hope the aftermarket wheels will be 'premium' objects because the 2d flat ones in gt4 bothered me. Put the new modeled wheels on the upscaled gt4 cars and they will be fine.

👍

I think the GT4 models are going to get better wheels anyway. It would be nonsensical to include those cardboard cutout wheels from GT4...
 
+1.

In GT4 instead of buying those cardboard wheels I just kept searching the used wheels market to find decent 3d wheels that suited.

Hopefully we'll be able to pick the wheel size too now.
 
Race modification from gt2 would be epic.
 
It would be nice if we didnt need race modification ala GT2 if we could do our own or download other user made ones via a simple in screen menu.
 
sorry but im sure that we will have interior customization, this wil be the most beautifull feature in the game, but we will be sad cuz in standard car we will not have it...
the most is if PD put fictional cockpit for standard cars so we will have the possibility to customize interior by ourself..
 
There will be customization in GT5,
but most likely limited only to Premium cars, as the design of the Standard cars does not allow that level of customisation...

That would be my thoughts on this subject.
Mark my words ;)

We will still be able to customize the Standard cars, but only the way we have been doing in previous GT games...

Please dont hurt yourself upon reading this ;) ... it is what it is...

Full customization would require Full redesign of all cars to Premium level.

Peace out! 👍

Exactly, Only Premium cars will be Fully Customizable, Kind of sad, but hey, at least we have more cars than GT3, and Fully Customizable.
 
Exactly, Only Premium cars will be Fully Customizable, Kind of sad, but hey, at least we have more cars than GT3, and Fully Customizable.

Actually, from what we know, we haven't got anything. That undisclosed feature could be anything from a livery editor to a track editor to caravan racing...

So don't get all hyped up. That's half the reason why everyone's so disapointed with GT right now, because everyone was like 'yeah GT will have all of this and that' when nothing has ever been officially confirmed.

Personally, I doubt it's going to be a livery editor or full customization on the premium cars. I think it's something that's a lot more gimmickly, like GT being able to download lap times which were posted during real life race events so you could try to beat them or something along those lines.
 
Woah woah woah.

PD has released very little information about the customisation. The only thing we know is it will affect the aerodynamics/handling of the cars and that the customisation will be greater than GT4. In GT4 we had Spoiler/Splitter/Diffuser packages. It is only a possibility that we may see body kits.

There has been no indication whatsoever that standard cars will not get customisation, or less than the premium cars. I think I and a few others on this forum mentioned it as a possiblity, but nothing more.
 
Back