Standard Cars With Non-Generic Interiors.

• Thread starter W3H5
  • 62 comments
@BarronGeddon: I'm sorry but I think you are wrong. Interior and exterior are different models. Check for example Plymouth Prowler. In cockpit view you have nice interior, when looking form outside it's not so good. Same story is with all premium cars (on track, in photo travel interior is in higher quality).

hmm

in that case, perhaps it would be possible then.

@BarronGeddon: I'm sorry but I think you are wrong. Interior and exterior are different models. Check for example Plymouth Prowler. In cockpit view you have nice interior, when looking form outside it's not so good. Same story is with all premium cars (on track, in photo travel interior is in higher quality).

Yeah but what he is saying is essentially true, I think. The Standard cars you are seeing with fairly decent interiors were probably coded before GT5 came out until they stopped due to time contraints. Maybe a different story for the open top cars, I dont know.

Thats what it feels like to me.

And its not a case of cut and paste an interior picture instead of the blacked out interior view. You would have no 3D shading inside the car. It would not interact with the out side at all. Would look very odd compared to the blacked out versions even, would probably get even more complaints from disgruntled GT fans.

Can someone confirm this:
No picture but the old Dodge viper (definately standard) has a fairly decent level of detail to the interior, similar to the quality you'd find in test drive unlimited.

And I LOVE the adjustable shuffle base in the shuffle races, thats how i found out about the interior of the viper, cos its not a car id normally drive, all other standard cars ive been in so far though have had the black shape, need to test more

Not sure what Viper he is talking about, but the GTS '99 is a black interior just like the other standards, I haven't checked the '03 Roadster yet.

Understand this, the standard car interior are basically silhouettes of the actual car interior. So far I checked quite a few cars and the interiors actually reflect what the car looks like from inside. Check each and every car, those interiors are only generic among the same model type (miatas, R34 Skylines and such). Other than those, every car has it's interior just blacked out which I prefer to those hyper detailed Premium as it's easier to focus on the viewpoint.

Anyway those interiors are pretty nifty, I also noticed that when your car is pretty powerful you get this judder and shake at increasingly high speeds. Wish there was an option to black out the premium car's interior, that would help me focus instead of getting lost in the details.

Now if PD would allow the body of the car to show in car standard view would be a little more immersive. It's just weird to look back and not see my giant spoiler. Thought PD basically positioned the camera in the drivers' position as they did with the open top cars, I'm pretty sure they did something like that so they might as well turn on the exterior as well. Just my 2 cents.

i tried a couple of vipers and they were black as night on the inside. not sure what viper he is talking about. he could have confused w/ the premium vipers you get at dealership

i hope i am wrong but i doubt any car with a roof or soft top has any level of detail, i must have tried 50+.

Not sure what Viper he is talking about, but the GTS '99 is a black interior just like the other standards, I haven't checked the '03 Roadster yet.

Understand this, the standard car interior are basically silhouettes of the actual car interior. So far I checked quite a few cars and the interiors actually reflect what the car looks like from inside. Check each and every car, those interiors are only generic among the same model type (miatas, R34 Skylines and such). Other than those, every car has it's interior just blacked out which I prefer to those hyper detailed Premium as it's easier to focus on the viewpoint.

Anyway those interiors are pretty nifty, I also noticed that when your car is pretty powerful you get this judder and shake at increasingly high speeds. Wish there was an option to black out the premium car's interior, that would help me focus instead of getting lost in the details.

Now if PD would allow the body of the car to show in car standard view would be a little more immersive. It's just weird to look back and not see my giant spoiler. Thought PD basically positioned the camera in the drivers' position as they did with the open top cars, I'm pretty sure they did something like that so they might as well turn on the exterior as well. Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, I've got pretty teased by what GTPSP have, being able to see the car exterior, etc... I miss these stuff on our actual cockpit view.

Let's hope they implement that... it's weird that they disabled...

I do like the fact that PD have tried to tackle putting some form of interior view for these cars like the Pescarolo, but honestly, i'm finding it so distracting looking at at the pixelated low resolution steering wheel - it surely can't be THAT hard for them to incorporate a HD image. It's like having something from a Commodore Amiga game sitting over the top of GT5. On another note, you should try using the BMW V12 in cockpit view around the Nurb Ring. The massively pixelated shadows flickering on those huge white front wheel arches really has to be seen to be believed. 'Trippy' springs to mind!

Because in the older games they had some sort of a cockpit, they are open and seen inside all the time, thats why. All they did was touch them up a little bit.

But it looks like they went to more detail with the Prowler for some reason.

Because in the older games they had some sort of a cockpit, they are open and seen inside all the time, thats why. All they did was touch them up a little bit.

But it looks like they went to more detail with the Prowler for some reason.

It almost look like an experiment for a standard -> premium conversion. The textures are really good..

It almost look like an experiment for a standard -> premium conversione. The textures are really good..

Makes a lot of sense.

And if you guys notice, some black cockpits have accurate modelling.

I think some may receive some "premiunization" in the future (nice word I invented. lol)

i tried a couple of vipers and they were black as night on the inside. not sure what viper he is talking about. he could have confused w/ the premium vipers you get at dealership

i hope i am wrong but i doubt any car with a roof or soft top has any level of detail, i must have tried 50+.

Thanks. Yeah, I also guess he confused it with a Premium Viper. By the way, the Nomad Diablo is pretty cool from the inside, the unusual windows help. :D

On the tank car the steering wheel is premium-ish, and has reflections and everything...

Thanks. Yeah, I also guess he confused it with a Premium Viper. By the way, the Nomad Diablo is pretty cool from the inside, the unusual windows help. :D

Yeah, the cars with unusual or oldschool windows are the coolest to drive.

The MKI GTI, Ruf BTR and Yellowbird, etc... :)

Makes a lot of sense.

And if you guys notice, some black cockpits have accurate modelling.

I think some may receive some "premiunization" in the future (nice word I invented. lol)

How can a completley black interior have accurate modelling?

Have any of you tried the Mercedes Sauber C9? Due to the positioning of the driver and the shape of the window, I didn't even really notice the black inside the car. It feels similar to the Puegeot 908, as it should.

Drove an american muscle shuffle race car which had interior with working dials and all. Don't know if it's premium, but it wasn't that detailed so I don't think it was.. Anywho, don't know the name, think it was a challenger

Drove an american muscle shuffle race car which had interior with working dials and all. Don't know if it's premium, but it wasn't that detailed so I don't think it was.. Anywho, don't know the name, think it was a challenger

There's no Standard Challenger, pretty sure you drove a Premium.

On the tank car the steering wheel is premium-ish, and has reflections and everything...

Yes, shame they didn't bother with an updated dashboard texture to make it more convincing, especially on this car with its large, flat surfaced, and lightly coloured metal dash those blurry and vague PS2 textures stick out much more than the other open topped cars (aside from the Prowler which clearly received a seperately modelled interior) which are darker and smaller, the dials on the Chaparral 2J on the other hand look almost Premium quality despite them not working.
Ah well, at least it got something resembling a proper cockpit view now making it even more tempting to drive often, the Tank Car was actually one of the very few Standard cars I actually used frequently before this update, now there are a few more.

I also find it strange that you can see the steering wheel turn and the hands turning it.

Its seems it is partly modeled with the rollcages and all. Hopefully in the future we will see some of the standards bumped up more up to date.

Even stranger is that all pick up trucks suddenly have become hatchbacks, if you look behind the loading bay is gone. :lol:

Check out VW Nardo in rain. Black interior but quite funny with all that glass.

Even stranger is that all pick up trucks suddenly have become hatchbacks, if you look behind the loading bay is gone. :lol:

The car body is missing from all black-cockpit cars. Which is a shame.

It's odd seeing a cockpit shape but having an invisible hood.

Back