"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
GT4 model? Common misconception, this is actually Suzuki's Vision GT concept. The blurred edges are designed to evoke motion blur - even when the vehicle is stationary. You're just not looking at it correctly...

So that's what Suzuki's been sinking their money into over the past 16 years...

I wouldn't mind a Premium version actually, the Alto is a neat car.

*makes cringeworthy pun about the possibility of a premium model in the Works*

Could anyone please take some photomode pictures of the '90 Nissan Primera 2.0Te/Infiniti G20? :rolleyes:

I must say that I'm impressed by some of these standards. They're still not premium quality but at least they blend in nicely now instead of making you crash when you're blinded by the pixelation. The RUF Yellowbird and the Nissan R390 road car have been given some particularly detailed attention.

RGT

6j32.jpg
I just noticed the RUF on the exhaust tip! Nice detail on the semi-premium.

You know, I just had a thought. Standards probably won't carry over to GT7 on PS4. If that's true, then an iconic car such as the Supra will be gone! :(

A Japanese GT game without a Toyota Supra?? PD why you no make this car premium yet?? It deserves as much recognition as the RX-7, STi, Evo, NSX, and Skyline. They were the ultimate 276hp-ish group. It's going to be an ugly argument, but I personally wish they would at least treat the outside like premium, as in the AMG Vision GT, in a way to carry as many cars as possible to next gen.

But wow, that RUF looks good.

You know, I just had a thought. Standards probably won't carry over to GT7 on PS4. If that's true, then an iconic car such as the Supra will be gone! :(

A Japanese GT game without a Toyota Supra?? PD why you no make this car premium yet?? It deserves as much recognition as the RX-7, STi, Evo, NSX, and Skyline. They were the ultimate 276hp-ish group. It's going to be an ugly argument, but I personally wish they would at least treat the outside like premium, as in the AMG Vision GT, in a way to carry as many cars as possible to next gen.

But wow, that RUF looks good.
There's a Premium Supra, just no MKIV. ;)
They will introduce "new" cars in GT7 for sure, so we don't know if there will be a MKIV Supra or not.

Anyone want to take a picture of the Jaguar XFR? It didn't look too bad in GT5, but still curious to see if there's any differences.

Am I one of the only ones that is not really impressed by these new "semi-premium" cars? Sure, some of them look better, and for that I am grateful; but c'mon...too many still look like crap (at least from what is being shown on the Web). In this day and age all cars should all be top of the line premium. I know it's been said by many others that there are way to many of the same types of cars in the game; so why didn't they just cut out a lot of the copies (S2000, Skyline, RX-7, etc.) and use those resources to convert more cars to complete premium quality. IMHO it should be mostly about quality, not quantity.

And enough with the "it takes a lot of work to make a better quality looking car for a video game" stuff. This is the top racing game in the world, quality control should be higher than that.
Because there up to the quality of grid/ nfs cars..

Can I make a suggestion that perhaps some of the cars that have not been touched up (i.e. Supra) are in the process of being modelled properly, therefore touching up the old gt5 model would have been a waste of time?

otgw.jpg

Why PD haven't deleted this horrible thing?

Noooooooooo! As years will pass this car should remain a memory on previous titles . Think, how good It will look in GT7 or 8 , close to those picture perfect full hd cars . Iconic car were talking here :D

Does anyone know how PD has set the weight balance on many of these "standards"? In GT5, many of them were set at the same 60/40 balance as if the programmers got lazy and didn't want to do the research. This caused many well-balanced cars to initially suffer from weird dynamics of being abnormally front heavy. The only way to cure the problem was to pull weight out of the car and play around with the ballast and weight balance. Can anyone check this out to see what they did and if they improved it?

Does anyone know how PD has set the weight balance on many of these "standards"? In GT5, many of them were set at the same 60/40 balance as if the programmers got lazy and didn't want to do the research. This caused many well-balanced cars to initially suffer from weird dynamics of being abnormally front heavy. The only way to cure the problem was to pull weight out of the car and play around with the ballast and weight balance. Can anyone check this out to see what they did and if they improved it?
I doubt they improved anything there.
If they did, all cars would have proper default camber and toe settings as well.

There's a Premium Supra, just no MKIV. ;)
They will introduce "new" cars in GT7 for sure, so we don't know if there will be a MKIV Supra or not.

Lol, that's right. You got me. Yeah, I definitely meant the MKIV. Of course, we don't know if whether or not it'll be added in the future, but at this point, it's hard to believe. I don't see why it hasn't. My friend even has the Supra and he would be happy to lend to PD if finding one in Japan is a problem, which is of course not the case lol.. I mean probably not haha.

Back